The New Raith Rovers Thread

Perhaps he didn’t apply. We’ve maybe approached Leven/O’Carroll/O’Dea as they fitted the bill of what we were looking for, only to be told they are happy in their current roles. We are presumably now perusing people who actually did apply.

10 minutes ago, Jilted John said:

Perhaps he didn’t apply. We’ve maybe approached Leven/O’Carroll/O’Dea as they fitted the bill of what we were looking for, only to be told they are happy in their current roles. We are presumably now perusing people who actually did apply.

Possibly

11 minutes ago, Jilted John said:

Should that be the case then it highlights a lack of thorough due diligence that includes a potential candidate being remotely interested. Questions should be asked of the recruitment team around this and lessons learned for the inevitable next time. Saying that, there is nothing to say that is the case so for now we continue to assume the BoD have this in hand. 

I can understand why none of those guys would be interested, they're all playing significant roles in their current clubs and have just started the seasons. Leven is working under a new promising manager, O'Carroll is/was on a European campaign and with a team pushing for consistent top 6 finishes and O'Dea is now head of performance/player pathway at Celtic. Why would you leave those for what is a considerably risky job?

Scott Burns reporting that Livingston are favourites to sign Stevie May on loan. Think we were linked/his name was banded about as a potential signing prior to Murray being punted.

1 minute ago, Ex Machina said:

Scott Burns reporting that Livingston are favourites to sign Stevie May on loan. Think we were linked/his name was banded about as a potential signing prior to Murray being punted.

Good, didn’t fancy him at Stark’s at all. Not even a half decent goal scoring record and a real injury concern. He’s not looked decent to me since before he went down to England.

3 minutes ago, Ex Machina said:

Big spending Livi/Partick IMO. 

15 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Good, didn’t fancy him at Stark’s at all. Not even a half decent goal scoring record and a real injury concern. He’s not looked decent to me since before he went down to England.

In fairness, he's not dropped this low a level in a long time. Suspect in terms of movement and reading the game he'd be a class above and has the added bonus of not being injured currently.

23 minutes ago, renton said:

In fairness, he's not dropped this low a level in a long time. Suspect in terms of movement and reading the game he'd be a class above and has the added bonus of not being injured currently.

Yeah for me it’s still a risk I’d rather not take, he might have the movement and reading the game but if legs are starting to go that doesn’t count for much, maybe not directly comparable as an example but I’m thinking Jon Daly, he was just done by the time he joined us and was pretty much the same age then as Stevie May is now. I think we’re more in need of mobility and legs in attack, somebody who can get in behind the defence.

26 league games last year, 0 goals, no thanks.

Edited by Enigma