The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 minute ago, renton said:

Quite a brusque response. Not the usual boilerplate (lots of candidates, process continuing) type reply.

Probably bored of being asked now. Or they have something in the works. 

23 hours ago, raith1974 said:

Would anyone have any issues if we did appoint Hanlon backed by Cameron and Stevenson. 

From an outsiders point of view - if in theory there was no external candidate found in the near future, wouldn't Fordyce be a more experienced option as he was at least assistant manager at Airdrie to McCabe? Unless Hanlon has managerial / coaching experience I am not aware of. 

6 minutes ago, Michael W said:

I am just shocked the FFP bothered their arse and tried to do some actual journalism. 

Well you say that, if they have just phoned the office and the tea lady has answered, I’m not surprised she didn’t give them any comment!

7 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Yeah it sounds like they know they've made a mess of this and have no viable option on the table.

I hope not but has a feeling like that.  We at least have Potter and Mickey to keep things running for the time being but doesn't look great atm.

7 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Yeah it sounds like they know they've made a mess of this and have no viable option on the table.

Exactly, it’ll be agitation coming through knowing they’ve made a James Hunt of it.

Wouldn’t be a surprise if this season goes down the shitter and they pack their bags and head off to the Pars.

Bought my tickets for Ayr but hard to imagine we’ll get anything out of it.

4 minutes ago, RAITHROVERS84 said:

Exactly, it’ll be agitation coming through knowing they’ve made a James Hunt of it.

Wouldn’t be a surprise if this season goes down the shitter and they pack their bags and head off to the Pars.

How about former Dundee United striker Noel Hunt as new manager?

Currently Reading u23s manager.

40 minutes ago, RAITHROVERS84 said:

FFS man...

1 hour ago, Jilted John said:

Well you say that, if they have just phoned the office and the tea lady has answered, I’m not surprised she didn’t give them any comment!

It's still a step up from plagiarising RaithTV!

56 minutes ago, RAITHROVERS84 said:

Oh well.

That'll scupper Murray's chances of being the Pars' next manager.

Just now, Langtounlaud said:

Used to be the smell of linoleum that covered Kirkcaldy, noo it's the smell of Rovers fans pishing their knickers. 

Trust the board to make the right appointment, not a quick fix. 

Anymore cliches you want to throw out there? 

I don't think supporters questioning why we are 3 weeks into the seaon with no manager is quite "pishing their knickers". 

Especially as the club want promotion/to be champions this season.

It is also the same club who sacked a capable and competent manager only to have nothing lined up. 

2 minutes ago, pub car king said:

I don't think supporters questioning why we are 3 weeks into the seaon with no manager is quite "pishing their knickers". 

Especially as the club want promotion/to be champions this season.

It is also the same club who sacked a capable and competent manager only to have nothing lined up. 

Agree with this.  Our Chief Executive claimed that all due diligence was done before they sacked Murray and they were ready to act quickly.  Now its no comment to the FFP and silence.  I'm not saying that they don't have it in hand but from the outside looking in it doesn't look good so an update wouldn't go wrong. 

Think it's fair enough tbh that folk are starting to get a bit concerned.  By trying to engage in some transparency, there's now a void created by not making an appointment and no real communication afterwards - with little more than rumours to fill that void.  I get why Barrowman did it, but if you give people a line that contains the phrase "days rather than weeks", then you kind of either have to deliver on that, or provide further updates.  I get why they haven't done the latter, but the optics around this aren't looking great.

I actually don't have a problem with Potter/Cameron in interim charge for as long as it takes (I genuinely don't think we will be any worse off than if Murray had remained in charge, I was concerned with what i had seen so far and the Partick game was an obvious improvement) however I suspect if that was the boards intention then they would have said as much.  

Edited by CALDERON