The New Raith Rovers Thread

9 minutes ago, Irosshed and I was wrong said:

I'm personally very excited about the potential of us bringing in absolute scuddies from the US pub leagues.

This laddie playing for the mud dogs has a bit of potential. 

Screenshot_20240917_221226_Google.jpg

2 hours ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Aye the Rovers way, ever since 1963 when I think we experienced our first relegation, we've bounced between leagues like a yo-yo, we must be high on the list of the most relegated and promoted teams in Scotland 

Been relegated a number of times before 1963. Don't forget that we became British goal scoring record holders in 1937-38 when winning the old Second Division title. Relegation in the second half of the 20's after the stellar team of the first half of that decade with the Scotland captain Davie Morris and the likes of Alex James in it. In my younger days it was Stirling Albion that were always referred to as the yo-yo team. 

Just now, Ro Sham Bo said:

It's worth keeping the membership to get an invite to the webinar with next month's manager. 

Hahahaha. I did enjoy the last one to be fair although I had to switch it off when I heard that the decision to sack Murray was 100% correct and he deserved the pre-season and one league game. Cannot listen to someone take zero accountability around the utter shambles it ended up being and continues to be.

That said I've only had fleeting dark thoughts about chucking my Club 1883 membership. If I get a Barrowman signed poster in the post however it might be the last straw.

Bloody hell a few posters have been on the moonshine tonight 🤦🏻‍♂️ can we at least wait until 4.45 on Saturday before another meltdown please🤷🏻‍♂️😉 the criticism of Collins is uncalled for, guy is just in the door and been dealt a very poor hand so far. I think ( and it’s just a hunch) all our budget isn’t spent as to give him the chance to bring his players in ( even a couple)  comparing him to some poor managers from our past is out of order imo. In a few months it might be true but at the moment let’s get behind him and the team and “ support them” 

6 minutes ago, Been going too long said:

Bloody hell a few posters have been on the moonshine tonight 🤦🏻‍♂️ can we at least wait until 4.45 on Saturday before another meltdown please🤷🏻‍♂️😉 the criticism of Collins is uncalled for, guy is just in the door and been dealt a very poor hand so far. I think ( and it’s just a hunch) all our budget isn’t spent as to give him the chance to bring his players in ( even a couple)  comparing him to some poor managers from our past is out of order imo. In a few months it might be true but at the moment let’s get behind him and the team and “ support them” 

Where would be the fun in that?

Eta: please take your calm and rational post elsewhere, there is no place for it here.😃

Edited by buchan30

36 minutes ago, Irosshed and I was wrong said:

I wonder if the change in atmosphere around Starks Park has had a negative impact on the Club 1883 memberships?

Probably. 

From my perspective, I'm coming up for my fourth payment and still haven't received the 'souvenir welcome gift' that you're meant to receive after the second payment. 

I've been conditioned into brushing off my club making easy things difficult over about 40 years supporting them but it's really wearing thin now.

Edited by Ebanda's Handyman Services

You cants need to calm down. 10 days ago we were hurtling towards league 1.

2 wins later and the pressure is off for a few days and everything is hunky dory again.

Fitba can change really quickly. 

Give the boy a chance.

Edited by da_no_1

7 hours ago, MICMAC said:

Could do with another Soren Anderson (9 app 5 goals) and Kent Bergerson (6 app 1 goal) from that Munro spell. Loved Anderson as a player, took no prisoners and had pace as well

Did one of these Swedish boys not get into a fight in Jackie O's the night before a match and ended up out injured for weeks