The New Raith Rovers Thread

Has anyone spotted the flaw in this?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barrie_McKay

On 28 August 2012 it was reported that Liverpool and Everton were interested in McKay.[11] On 11 September, McKay pledged his future to Rangers for another five-years.[

The flaw is 1 goal in 31 games.

He's not primarily a striker. Certainly he wasn't used that way by Morton.

.... and he won't be by us, I'm guessing he's signed to free up Stewart to play through the middle more exclusively.

Edited by renton

I wouldn't worry about his scoring record as he isn't a striker.

He played against us in that 0-0 draw down at Cappielow in January, the game that was O'Connor's debut.

He didn't exactly stand out, but he did always look to get the ball down and run at the full-back. He was a bit like Imrie on the other side that day, in that you kind of worried every time they got on the ball, but ultimately they didn't create much.

Mind you, he was up against Fraser Mullen in that match, so what chance did he have?

I think he'll fit in reasonably seamlessly to our, players-who-could-do-quite-well-but-ultimately-frustrate system that we tend to employ.

No comments from me, cant say i recall seeing him play so im unsure what we have got ... Perhaps also worth noting to the lads a tad confused about this signing, 95% of the fan base ripped on Mark Stewart and questioned what the hell Murray was doing signing him, yet hes probably (with Conroy) been our best signing/player so far this season ... I'll reserve judgement until the lad has played a game or 5 ! Extra body on the bench none the less :P

Having slept on this, i've decided i'm quite happy with McKay. It gives us actual competition for places in the wide positions, which means that at least one of him, Anderson, Scott, Vaughan or Conroy jus going have to miss out each week, which should in theory up their performance levels and give us a better output. Given that Conroy and Vaughan have been amongst our most productive players recently, it's harsh to drop either of them. I imagine McKay will start most games from the bench barring injury or suspension, but he's very obviously quick and likes a 1-on-1 so isn't the worst option to have for the last 15 of a game.

Edited by Hank Scorpio

Really good signing in my opinion, a young energetic exciting winger with bags of pace and skill with both feet.. 100 times better than Anderson then! This should push Anderson into playing a decent game, as I'd imagine that's the position he will play in.

The same for Cleverley to leave Man United.

See the various Paddy Power FB posts about Cleverley?

My recent favs were the photo of Keane and Lambert standing together, with Keane pointing and saying "I hope that's not who I fucking think it is."

Also, the one that said Di Maria is the icing on the cake...if that cake was made of shite, cellotape and Tom fucking Cleverley.

Edited by Scary Bear

Never a fan of "Youtube Players", i believe you can make anyone look good via Youtube footage .... However this was posted on fan talk, few screamers in there, seems 2 footed and pretty pacey on BOTH wings ... Could turn out ok !

Never a fan of "Youtube Players", i believe you can make anyone look good via Youtube footage .... However this was posted on fan talk, few screamers in there, seems 2 footed and pretty pacey on BOTH wings ... Could turn out ok !

I am assuming that most of those goals were scored whilst playing in U20's as Wiki doesn't credit him with being prolific.

I am assuming that most of those goals were scored whilst playing in U20's as Wiki doesn't credit him with being prolific.

I would assume so ! Thats part of the reason i dislike "Youtube Players" or whatever you wish to call them ... You can make anyone look good using 5% good footage cut away from the 95% crap ... However still gives an idea he seems pacey and two footed, Stewart's pace has been something thats worked well Vs the PT defenses this season so far, be nice to have 2 pacey lads !