The New Raith Rovers Thread

Hearts will falter and struggle for form for a large chunk of the season. Like teams with a raft of new players mixed with youngsters always do.

I came into the season with the same optimism about all 3, and with Hibs & Rangers I would still agree and say there's nothing special about them and yes it is all in the mind and points are there to be nicked ... However i disagree on Hearts, they look a complete different force this season ! I will not be surprised to see them walk it, lets not forget if it wasn't for their admin points deduction they would have finished about 7th last season and still be in the SPL ....

Onto another note with Nade, am i the only one who hopes hes not just flung straight back in ? Stewart & Vaughen both got their goals at the weekend so I would like to think Murray sees it fair they get a run together ! Might calm us down with the "hoof the ball to Nade" tactics to !

Its winnable this year, Hearts and Hibs are down here for a reason, while Rangers are nothing to be afraid of. Its a mentality thing.

Murray should get you in to coach the team. Maybe if you tell Fox and Scott that they're as good a midfield pairing as Gomis and Buaben, it'll come true. I'm willing to give it a shot. I hope Murray feels the same.

At the very least, tell them not to stand 5 yards off them, giving them the freedom of Stark's Park to spray passes about.

Edited by Scary Bear

Anyone else think it'd be prudent to get a side on as low a budget as possible that is capable of staying in this league, wait until the big boys have been promoted and then use the pooled cash for a wee tilt at the league when it's more winnable?

Turnbull? :lol:

Partick had 38 points, Hibs had 35 and Hearts finished with 23.

23+15=38 Points which would have put them joint with Partick, so 8th/9th with them being 1 or 2 points off 7th ... As i said, "about" 7th as i was going off the top of my head :P !

Rumbled!

Makes sense though. Nae point in chucking good money after a title tilt or playoff promotion when there isn't much chance of it happening.

Defeatist as f**k but realistic.

Far too realistic Andy. Don't you know that we have to throw any excess cash at either sacking Murray, sacking the board, sacking Murray and the board, or buying Cristiano Ronaldo to partner Nade. Anything else is just cheating the fans.

Far too realistic Andy. Don't you know that we have to throw any excess cash at either sacking Murray, sacking the board, sacking Murray and the board, or buying Cristiano Ronaldo to partner Nade. Anything else is just cheating the fans.

Facetious to the point of ridiculous.

Folk like you seem to think that because we've no chance of winning promotion thats an excuse for the club to put in he minimum of resources into the team to keep us up.

Yes, in my book its cheating the fans - by the same token the fans should keep heir cash and stay away until we've a chance of launching a promotion bid.

Or at least see a team thats properly coached and entertaining.

Edited by Big Berk

That's a way to punish the club...starve them of money so we'll no longer have a club to support at the end of the day..

I was talking hypothetically.

The point remains, the club are short changing us and if we were to do the same they'd be in trouble if it weren't for the crowds the big teams bring.

As Ive said elsewhere our support is already well down: even for a game against Hearts there were around only 2000 in the home end; we took a fraction of the support to Cowdenbeath that we've been taking previously. I suspect there were less at the Dumbarton game than the number of season tickets sold. The core support is already dwindling - big time.

We wont have Rangers Hearts and Hibs for long. When they go I think the pigeons will come home to roost.

the fans should keep heir cash and stay away until we've a chance of launching a promotion bid.

Ah, Big Berk again.

How many seasons have you seen the Rovers play in the top flight? I've seen three in nearly 30 years - and count myself incredibly lucky to have seen as many as that. They were very much the exception to the rule.

Do you think fans should stay away because we won't get promoted from the toughest second tier in history, and because we probably won't get promoted next season?

If I stuck by Big Berks's policy of only attending games when Raith played exciting football or had a decent chance of promotion, then I'd have failed to attend a game, for about 20 of the last 30 seasons.

You would also require the powers of Nostradamus.

we took a fraction of the support to Cowdenbeath that we've been taking previously.

Last week was 1200+. The two games last season were 900+ in feb and 800 ish at the start of last season before your derailment.

Either we're gaining fans at a rapid rate our you're spouting pish. I don't need a scientific measurement of our fan base to realise which one it is.

Last week was 1200+. The two games last season were 900+ in feb and 800 ish at the start of last season before your derailment.

Either we're gaining fans at a rapid rate our you're spouting pish. I don't need a scientific measurement of our fan base to realise which one it is.

Looked less Rovers fans last week at CP to me compared to last season's games.We certainly had a lot more than usual in the terracing.