Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

1 hour ago, Tynierose said:

I'm only a humble ANP hence why I didn't do the 3/12 lecture of how to wear a stethoscope even when in the canteen.

Deary me not like medics to use a 3 letter acronym at least the vets use 4 letters. 

What's ANP - Angry Nurse Practitioner? 

3 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

Advanced Nurse Practitioner.

You have to do several courses get a masters then get you're advanced title.

We work alongside Gp's and unfortunately due to the lack of them you tend to end up seeing us.  It's important to remember you're only an ANP despite practice managers thinking you can see the same level of complex patient that a gp can.  

This is despite the fact that GP's are incredibly well trained, have shit loads of experience and generally know what they're doing.  Well a lot of them are.

Anp's not so much.  As long as you know your limitations then you're fine.  It's the ones who actually think they're as good as a GP that end up in the shit.

I'm fine as I know I'm bang average.

If a load of photos of tick bites arrive in front of you today then they're from me. Quite like this new way of just sending photos of various body parts to the doctor, rather than having to sit in a waiting room with noisy kids and spluttering coffin-dodgers in searing heat listening to Forth FM. 

3 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

Advanced Nurse Practitioner.

You have to do several courses get a masters then get you're advanced title.

We work alongside Gp's and unfortunately due to the lack of them you tend to end up seeing us.  It's important to remember you're only an ANP despite practice managers thinking you can see the same level of complex patient that a gp can.  

This is despite the fact that GP's are incredibly well trained, have shit loads of experience and generally know what they're doing.  Well a lot of them are.

Anp's not so much.  As long as you know your limitations then you're fine.  It's the ones who actually think they're as good as a GP that end up in the shit.

I'm fine as I know I'm bang average.

Good stuff, presumably you would just need to make your hand writing illegible and wear a stethoscope correctly then your get to be a GP ;)  

42 minutes ago, 101 said:

Good stuff, presumably you would just need to make your hand writing illegible and wear a stethoscope correctly then your get to be a GP ;)  

Don’t forget the soggy biscuit cock in pint initiation ceremony as well.

8 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

I've just booked my first post lockdown haircut. July 9th, 12:30pm.

The Simpsons Gesture GIF

OK, now I'm confused. 

Can I now get my hair cut on June 29th as "all business' with front and back doors can re-open from then"? 

24 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Does every NHS treatment room look the same? Impressive.

There used to be a carpet in the office until it was deemed a biohazard and got torn up. Giggedy.