Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

Yesterday I went to the beach and snuck in to the stadium which hosted the Women's World Cup final in 1985, with England beating an Italian side which contained Rose Reilly from Stewarton.
She had a pretty interesting career, including winning the Italian and French leagues in the same season, playing for Lecce on Saturdays and Reims on Sundays.

Viruswise, the only restriction now is having to wear masks in enclosed spaces. Even my buses were late, which is a great sign that things are back to normal in Italy. IMG_20200620_145013.jpegIMG_20200620_100608.jpeg

11 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

Yesterday I went to the beach and snuck in to the stadium which hosted the Women's World Cup final in 1985, with England beating an Italian side which contained Rose Reilly from Stewarton.
She had a pretty interesting career, including winning the Italian and French leagues in the same season, playing for Lecce on Saturdays and Reims on Sundays.

Viruswise, the only restriction now is having to wear masks in enclosed spaces. Even my buses were late, which is a great sign that things are back to normal in Italy. 

You need that Mussolini back, imho.

https://www.reddit.com/r/relationship_advice/comments/hcrfkt/my_23f_best_friend_22f_fell_for_a_ridiculous_scam/

My [23F] best friend [22F] fell for a ridiculous scam, how can I get through to her?
She's been my best friend since middle school. We've continued to be super close since then- roommates in college, meeting up at least once a week, etc. She's like a sister to me.

A month ago when we were talking on the phone. We were isolating because there was still a lot of covid in our state then. She said she had to tell me about the coolest thing, and described one of the most ridiculous things I think I've ever heard. She said some nature preserve in Africa had been working on breeding pygmy giraffes, and they succeeded, and she was going to get in on it early as some kind of combined investor/purchaser. By giving them some money, she'd be one of the first to receive a pet pygmy giraffe, and would also be entitled to receive a certain percentage of the company's profits. I really thought it was a joke- the concept was just so absurd, so I just kinda laughed and said it was hilarious. I guess she thought I meant the concept of a pygmy giraffe was hilarious, not the entire thing, I'm not sure. Anyway we moved on and talked about other stuff, and she didn't bring it up again.

Until we met up in person for the first time in a while yesterday at her place. We were hanging out and she said she had to show me pictures of her new pet. She showed me what I can only describe as a typical Nigerian Prince scam type email thread, but even more ridiculous. Complete with pictures, maybe photoshopped, maybe just a baby giraffe, I have no idea, of "her" pygmy giraffe. She's already sent them FIVE THOUSAND DOLLARS, and she's going to be sending them another two thousand after her next few paychecks come in because they ran into some "unixpected problems" shipping the giraffe and needed some extra money to work things out with customs, also assuring her it would entitle her to a greater share of the profits.

I didn't know how to react. I just told her she was being scammed, not to send them any more money, and to call the police and her bank to see what can be done. She got upset and insisted it was real, and asked if I thought she was dumb. I didn't know what to say, I just kept repeated it was a scam and there was no way this was real. Eventually she started crying and told me to leave.

I've tried calling her and she's not picking up. I've texted her a couple times, but she's just leaving it on read. I'm not sure what to say, how can I get through to her? I'm really worried about her.

2 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

https://www.reddit.com/r/relationship_advice/comments/hcrfkt/my_23f_best_friend_22f_fell_for_a_ridiculous_scam/

My [23F] best friend [22F] fell for a ridiculous scam, how can I get through to her?
She's been my best friend since middle school. We've continued to be super close since then- roommates in college, meeting up at least once a week, etc. She's like a sister to me.

A month ago when we were talking on the phone. We were isolating because there was still a lot of covid in our state then. She said she had to tell me about the coolest thing, and described one of the most ridiculous things I think I've ever heard. She said some nature preserve in Africa had been working on breeding pygmy giraffes, and they succeeded, and she was going to get in on it early as some kind of combined investor/purchaser. By giving them some money, she'd be one of the first to receive a pet pygmy giraffe, and would also be entitled to receive a certain percentage of the company's profits. I really thought it was a joke- the concept was just so absurd, so I just kinda laughed and said it was hilarious. I guess she thought I meant the concept of a pygmy giraffe was hilarious, not the entire thing, I'm not sure. Anyway we moved on and talked about other stuff, and she didn't bring it up again.

Until we met up in person for the first time in a while yesterday at her place. We were hanging out and she said she had to show me pictures of her new pet. She showed me what I can only describe as a typical Nigerian Prince scam type email thread, but even more ridiculous. Complete with pictures, maybe photoshopped, maybe just a baby giraffe, I have no idea, of "her" pygmy giraffe. She's already sent them FIVE THOUSAND DOLLARS, and she's going to be sending them another two thousand after her next few paychecks come in because they ran into some "unixpected problems" shipping the giraffe and needed some extra money to work things out with customs, also assuring her it would entitle her to a greater share of the profits.

I didn't know how to react. I just told her she was being scammed, not to send them any more money, and to call the police and her bank to see what can be done. She got upset and insisted it was real, and asked if I thought she was dumb. I didn't know what to say, I just kept repeated it was a scam and there was no way this was real. Eventually she started crying and told me to leave.

I've tried calling her and she's not picking up. I've texted her a couple times, but she's just leaving it on read. I'm not sure what to say, how can I get through to her? I'm really worried about her.

Wait, pygmy giraffes aren't real???

Poor girl, being taken advantage of like that.

It's no pygmy giraffe, but maybe a pet haggis would be some consolation? They take a bit of domesticating, so naturally there'll be overheads involved. Get in with the suggestion quick, Miguel.

29 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

So I'd like to replace the money she's lost but I can't afford it on my own. If anybody out there could contribute towards it, it would bring us back together...

On 19/06/2020 at 21:37, tamthebam said:

Sometimes you see things rated online that you wouldn't expect, like a Sheriff Court or a police station - "I noticed the stairs of Maryhill Police Station were needing a sweep as I fell down them. Would not recommend"

Our former workplace looney used to do google reviews of everything. It was mostly fast food places and supermarkets but he did manage to fit in a couple of car parks and a cash machine (conveniently located but issues with glare). 

10 minutes ago, coprolite said:

Our former workplace looney used to do google reviews of everything. It was mostly fast food places and supermarkets but he did manage to fit in a couple of car parks and a cash machine (conveniently located but issues with glare). 

I'd just glare back at the machine, it's my money it's issuing, ffs.

1 minute ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

FaceApp's gender swap has seemingly updated... tried it out for some fun, had, ah, confusing results

FaceApp_1592767144729.thumb.jpg.208f59c08aaa3c049fac22bb276d63af.jpg

Am... am i a wid? 

Have to say, I've done worse. Much, much worse.

Just now, Thistle_do_nicely said:

Ha, that's oddly comforting. Imcredibly hard not to use the gender swap thing without doing the silence of the lambs "would you f**k me" bit tbh

PM me babes. x