The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, Disco Duck said:

He has to go, but the problem is the shite he leaves behind.  

They're not great players, but in all honesty the manager is shitting bricks with fear and that's clearly rubbing off on them. 

2 minutes ago, Falkirk_Bairn_1983 said:

He just has to go.

Stuart McCall is free just now as is Jim McIntyre both done good jobs in our top flight. 

I'd love Ian McCall but can't see it.

David hopkin is doing nowt and would cost us feck all. Should be top of the list.

Fasan - Done what he could with that defence in front of him.
McGhee - Was along with Muirhead getting bitched by Stirling.
Muirhead - Please leave
Harrison - if Dobbie is beating you in a foot race at his age then you are out of shape.
Dallison - shit, but less shit then the other two.
Russell - Shitebag but decent going forward.
Paton - I’ll happily pay him off
Irving - probably be on the phone to his agent tonight wondering why he has been forced to join the help.
TOE - Runs a lot, useless.
Haber - Same as Irving.
Lewis - absolute pussy.
Greenwood - needs to get fit and always play.
Petra - just funny to watch.
Froxy - not seen enough but can’t be worse than TOE.

20 minutes ago, Gaz said:

Yep.

Came in with a remit of saving us from relegation. Did so comfortably.

Ok remit was avoid relegation yet he said play offs were the target...

I think you have remits in wrong order.

18 pts a given in his 30 odd games, says failure to me last season 

I was happy to clap but sadly I have now seen what others have seen. Missed the LC games and only saw the ICT game and though we were beaten it was not by much. Today Dobbie , Dykes and Harkins played us off the park and we did not possess answers. Under Houston we had players who for whatever reason did not play to their best. The replacements are just poor so no hope

Funny how last season, we thought near the end of Houston’s time, it couldn’t get any worse.

Also ML saying Paul was going to restructure the club such that we never got into that mess again. That still makes me chuckle.

That was fucking embarrassing. Worse than the performance at Tannadice last season and probably the worst Falkirk performance that I can remember. As good as Stephen Dobbie is, he’s brilliant btw, we made it so ridiculously easy for him today. He scored 3 but really should’ve had at least 5.

I really wanted it to work out with Hartley, despite what a few say he done a really good job last season, and wanted to give him time but that capitulation today means he needs to go. It was a performance that gets managers the sack.

We had absolutely nothing about us today. No shots on target clearly shows we had nothing in an attacking sense but the defending was horrific. I’ve been impressed with Harrison so far but watching Dobbie breeze past him to score was ridiculous. Paton hiding like f**k in the middle of the park offering nothing.

What an absolute riddy to announce a MoM as well.

Guest Back Post Misses

I have said all along this is the plan of the CEO and Chairman. The plan could have worked with good recruitment and a manager capable of not falling out with everyone. He was their choice.

I hope the rest of the Board stand up to these two now and take control of the situation.

Something needs to happen and bloody quickly

hopkin or McCall please.

after the alloa friendly I came on here and said I was very underwhelmed by our new signings. I took some stick. every game since then I've said similar. too many folks on here wouldn't know a decent footballer.

Paul Watson scored 2 today and we have Harrison and dallison

taiwo plays in the premiership we have Paton

sibbald and Miller play in the premier and we have toe froxy and haber

hippo and longridge are away and we have sammut and petravious

o points 0 entertainment bottom of league and 2 shots on target in 3 games. queens had 27 shots on our goal today

two other things annoy me. his post match interviews are bordering on aggressively defensive and also his treating the league cup as friendlies gets on my goat. I pay good money to watch us in a competitive cup.

poor formations poor tactics losing decent players replacing them with utter guff which id be embarrassed if he ever saw before signing

Hartley out and hopkin or McCall in.

Just now, Back Post Misses said:

I have said all along this is the plan of the CEO and Chairman. The plan could have worked with good recruitment and a manager capable of not falling out with everyone. He was their choice.

I hope the rest of the Board stand up to these two now and take control of the situation.

Something needs to happen and bloody quickly

I think you were the first to call it out for what it really was rather than what we hoped it would be.

Hartley has to go. It’s as simple as that. The recruitment policy has been disastrous. You bring in 16 players, yet still can’t field a team of 11 players in their natural positions.

All we can hope for is a new manager who can make something of this mess. Thing is, I really don’t know if this bunch are capable of staying in this league. The first step MUST be Hartley’s removal. No ifs or buts.