The Falkirk FC Thread

11 minutes ago, ka202 said:

Does anyone else think Petravicius was actually not bad yesterday? Previous times I’ve seen him he looked lost but I thought he was pretty good. Beat his man a few times, got in behind a few times and actually worked hard.

Shouldve scored first half but put his lob wide.  That mob are prob about his level too.  As has been said queens park knocked oot a better welsh team down there. This result would be similar to getting knocked out the scottish by sauchie juniors.

1 minute ago, Harry Kinnear said:
8 minutes ago, M0rtonfc said:
Falkirk HAHAHAHAHHA
McKinnon HAHAHAHAHA
Couldn't make it up yesterday, THANKS LADS! 

You are welcome and could I take this opportunity to thank you for your manager.

Enjoy mate, great start for him, good times ahead I'm sure.

Does anyone else think Petravicius was actually not bad yesterday? Previous times I’ve seen him he looked lost but I thought he was pretty good. Beat his man a few times, got in behind a few times and actually worked hard.

Yes,I did too.
I think he looked more comfortable up front rather than wide. In saying that, I think it’s clear that he’s not a Championship level striker either....

Yes,I did too.
I think he looked more comfortable up front rather than wide. In saying that, I think it’s clear that he’s not a Championship level striker either....

Yep, I’m not saying he was great I’m just saying he didn’t look as bad as I had previously seen him. Yesterday he actually looked like he had seen a football before.

14 hours ago, PG.Colossus said:

Gary Irvine. Surely worth a punt until January. I can't see him expecting a huge wage and might add a bit of experience when Paton gets dropped.

ETA: Didn't know he had signed for Ayr.

As mentioned Irvine hardly played for St Mirren last season, not the kinda player I'd have liked to sign but players we have now, I'd get him in. I'm sure he can play anywhere along the back four and has played centre mid too.

I'd like to think McKinnon can get a few out of contract players in to train with us with a view to sign

6 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

I would say that is the best we have played all season.

Shuddering statement when you think about it as we were still poor

Can you imagine what a top 4 premier team would've done to us if we scraped through the league cup

I think we need Rudden to be too good for this league for us to look like scoring, we don't look like scoring which really is the objective of the game.

18 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Yes,I did too.

He doesn't have a football brain tho, 2 or 3 occasions yesterday a long ball was played for Haber which Haber ran/jogged for and Petra ran directly behind him giving him no out ball.

He looks so lost at times, he was better than previously tho maybe with another striker may have suited him, still looks like he needs a lot of coaching to his game, which is scary that he has a few international caps

Feels pretty good to have a decent manager in charge. We did it at the right time. Wait too long and we'd have ended up with some diddy like Jonaton Johansson.

Hahahahahaha brilliant, thanks for providing a good laugh yesterday with his 1st game in charge, lovely stuff!

I'm not even remotely interested in the banter or whatever it is between Morton supporters and ourselves. 

FFC have a new Manager end off, whatever happens behind the scenes, won't and doesn't matter to me or 99% of supporters, what does concern me is how do you fix something that looks beyond repair, a team that has virtually no quality anywhere on the park ain't a good starting point. 

Just managing to stay in this division is the only priority the Manager will be tasked with. 

At the moment that in itself would do for me. 

I'm not even remotely interested in the banter or whatever it is between Morton supporters and ourselves. 
FFC have a new Manager end off, whatever happens behind the scenes, won't and doesn't matter to me or 99% of supporters, what does concern me is how do you fix something that looks beyond repair, a team that has virtually no quality anywhere on the park ain't a good starting point. 
Just managing to stay in this division is the only priority the Manager will be tasked with. 
At the moment that in itself would do for me. 

Calm doon Wullie and get in aboot the banter!

7 minutes ago, M0rtonfc said:

Calm doon Wullie and get in aboot the banter!

If only I could laugh about any of it I'd probably join you lot, but between a Bod and Hartley I've never in 45 years seen the likes of it. 

How any Manager or capable Directors would employ people on the say so of a nobody is beyond me. 

Would still expect us to finish above Mortooon anyways.