The Falkirk FC Thread

Couldn't make the match yesterday, but was delighted when I seen the final score come through.

The sheen has been taken off it with what I have been reading regarding the Brian Rice incident. Rice was a class player for our club, superb left peg and part of a very successful management team. Most of all a very decent down to earth individual, the so called Falkirk supporter involved in this should be ashamed.

36 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

Really disappointed to hear about the abuse Brian Rice got yesterday.

I loved watching Rice as a player, brilliant reader of the game and never see a better passer of the ball, scored a great few daisy cutters as well. I also had the privilege of speaking with him a few times up at Stirling University when we trained there, he was always very very polite and patient talking with me about Falkirk, the players etc. He loves the club. This "person" is unlikely to apologise, so if not I hope the club issues a formal apology on behalf of the rest of us. 

I'm lucky in that I've only ever been a social drinker and I've never been a gambler so I can't begin to imagine the horrors of having to admit that you are an alcoholic or addicted to gambling. For Brian Rice to have gotten his addiction under control and gotten his managerial career back on track says so much for the guy and he should be applauded for his efforts. To have some anonymous arsehole in the crowd shouting abuse at him and upsetting him to the extent that he obviously was is despicable.

As you say, I really hope that the Jamie Swinney, on behalf of the club, and the FSS etc. all write to both Alloa Athletic FC and to Brian personally apologising for the abuse that he had to endure.

Oh aye, and please, please, please identify this "fan" and ban him for life.

11 hours ago, Springfield said:

McGlynn got his take spot on

McGlynn comes across very well in his interviews, quite impressed with his almost nuetral views on the play , wish more managers could be like this . probably why he is succesful in what he does .

As for the Rice abuse Fair play to the majority decent FFC fans,  BTW all clubs have one brain dead mouthpiece unfortunately .

Just watched the Alloa tv interview with Brian Rice. He is genuine in that it really affected him in a big way. Said it has wasted his weekend, not just getting beat.

As he said hopefully whatever clown it was who shouted never has to go through a similar experience. 

We all get carried away at times but sometimes a line is crossed

1 hour ago, Bairn in Exile said:

I'm lucky in that I've only ever been a social drinker and I've never been a gambler so I can't begin to imagine the horrors of having to admit that you are an alcoholic or addicted to gambling. For Brian Rice to have gotten his addiction under control and gotten his managerial career back on track says so much for the guy and he should be applauded for his efforts. To have some anonymous arsehole in the crowd shouting abuse at him and upsetting him to the extent that he obviously was is despicable.

As you say, I really hope that the Jamie Swinney, on behalf of the club, and the FSS etc. all write to both Alloa Athletic FC and to Brian personally apologising for the abuse that he had to endure.

Oh aye, and please, please, please identify this "fan" and ban him for life.

I agree with all of this bar banning fan for life. The fan should be given the opportunity to apologise. I'm sure that would mean more than a ban. Even the most vile person couldn't justify abusing a man who has done so much for our club and still speaks fondly about club

I’m going to send an email of support to Alloa for Brian. I loved him as a player and when he was on the coaching staff. Being someone who has had issues myself that I won’t go into on a football forum it absolutely disgusts me that a so called fellow fan has done this.

Also RIP Hilly, a gent of a guy who will be sorely missed ❤️

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

What's the story with Hendo? Was he injured yesterday? I seem to recall reading such, in a drunken stupor

Injured in the 1st half then only lasted about 5 minutes after the restart. He's taken a lot of punishment over the last few games and I really hope he's fit for Saturday.

6 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Injured in the 1st half then only lasted about 5 minutes after the restart. He's taken a lot of punishment over the last few games and I really hope he's fit for Saturday.

No further updates I take it? Hopefully just a knock that he was in 2 minds about. Definitely needed in there for Airdrie

Edited by Bairnardo

12 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

No further updates I take it? Hopefully just a knock that he was in 2 minds about. Definitely needed in there for Airdrie

Last I heard was McGlynn saying that it was too early to tell how bad it was (or words to that effect.)

2 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

Incase anyone's interested.

The club aren't publicising the youth teams which is a wee bit of a shame, though in fairness they didn't do that previously when the youths played out of Stirling in the old academy. It was only the "professional" U20s made up mainly of signed played that had their game details published. Presumably this will happen next year when we have a team above the 18s. 

The youth season started this weekend. The 16s lost to Morton on Thursday night and the 17s beat Partick 3-0 this morning. 

Edited by Bainsfordbairn

6 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

The club aren't publicising the youth teams which is a wee bit of a shame, though in fairness they didn't do that previously when the youths played out of Stirling in the old academy. It was only the "professional" U20s made up mainly of signed played that had their game details published. Presumably this will happen next year when we have a team above the 18s. 

The youth season started this weekend. The 16s lost to Morton on Thursday night and the 17s beat Partick 3-0 this morning. 

That is a shame. Really enjoyed keeping up with the results last season. Deliberate move or lack of manpower do you think Bainsford?

It's funny but a year on from wanting all of our players to be on shorter contracts I now am hoping we're in the process of getting contracts for most of our players extended. There's bound to be a few clubs sniffing about in the summer with a few out of contract and a few hitting the last year. Obviously promotion would make a huge difference at both getting the finance and giving the players a higher level to play at but it's a strange feeling to actually have players in the side other players actually may want to sign.

2 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

That is a shame. Really enjoyed keeping up with the results last season. Deliberate move or lack of manpower do you think Bainsford?

I think the club prefer to keep the kids out of the limelight until they sign professional contracts. Given that many of them (perhaps the majority?) will still be at school  that's probably understandable.  

7 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

It's funny but a year on from wanting all of our players to be on shorter contracts I now am hoping we're in the process of getting contracts for most of our players extended. There's bound to be a few clubs sniffing about in the summer with a few out of contract and a few hitting the last year. Obviously promotion would make a huge difference at both getting the finance and giving the players a higher level to play at but it's a strange feeling to actually have players in the side other players actually may want to sign.

Has the same conversation yesterday, albeit for the first time in a few seasons we’ve got more than a spine of the squad signed until season 24, which helps regardless of how the season ends. Theres been a few noises surrounding Morrison, and if he keeps his current form/consistency I’ve no doubt the club will be asked to name a figure. 
Weird feeling that if we win all our remaining games we win the league…………….🙄

38 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

If and its a big if we go up there are only 4-5 players that would make the grade in the higher division. It was all too evident in the Dundee game the shortcomings in most of the squad.

Not a bad position to be in to build on. However if we don't go up they will be away.

Critical time for the club