The Falkirk FC Thread

28 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I'm not meaning this in a trolling way at all despite how it sounds, I've just genuinely no idea where you're at with it, but hows your youth system getting on just now? Sure I'd seen it was getting restarted.

It was restarted in August 2021 and one of the then U16 players, Pearse Carroll, signed a modern apprenticeship as a professional player in the summer. A couple of the others in Scott Honeyman and Kyle Connolly are also at the club and are currently on loan to a Lowland League team. 

We have three teams at U16, U17 and U18 level. 

There is currently nothing for the players after they get too old for the 18s but the aim is to offer more apprenticeships in the summer. Those players will then play in a new development squad, which will be made up of former U18 players bolstered by first teamers who're not getting gametime on a Saturday. I think they'll play midweek in some sort of development / reserve league, just as the old U20s did before we closed that team after relegation. 

Eventually the plan is to return to something similar to what we had before the closure of Forth Valley Football Academy, with teams down to younger age levels. 

I watch the academy kids if they play either midweek nights or at home on Sundays immediately before or after the womens team. There are a number of prospects but none are close to first team level. Yet. The new development squad will presumably help with that. 

7 hours ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Ok so only gaining 4 points vs Kelty is acceptable because they’re full time. 

You’re not going to budge because there’s no way you can show that either League is much easier. 

Dunfermline aside we should be expecting to beat every team in this league. I would expect us to beat Queen of the South, Kelty and Airdrie just as much as Cove, East Fife and Dumbarton. The odd result is acceptable but unfortunately we’ve had too many poor results and not laid a glove on Dunfermline. 

Most self-entitled fan base in the league. Funny thing is, you have absolutely no right to be.

4 minutes ago, Diamond1924 said:

Most self-entitled fan base in the league. Funny thing is, you have absolutely no right to be.

You'd be entitled too if your club was as massive as ours.

Edited by FFC 1876

Guest Caractacus Potts
1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Dunfermline, QoS and Airdrie. I'm not sure how seriously anyone can take your 'analysis' when you dont even know the status of clubs tbh.

I wasnt in this division then but average points is not a particularly good comparative of quality between seasons. It’s clearly very dependent on the relative quality of the division. 

How can I take you seriously when you contest a point without knowing the division from season 2020/21?

Also it was in relation to the OP who said there were 3 other full time teams in the division this year so I just presumed Kelty were the third. We had Partick and Airdrie in 2020/21 so then it’s only 1 more full time team.

As you say it is about quality though and I’d still rather be in a league with Dunfermline who have a front line of Wighton, Todorov and McCann to a Partick team with Rudden, Graham and Tiffoney, a Clyde team with Goodwillie, Cove with Megginson and McCallister.  

You could debate a number of points on one being slightly better than the other but there’s no clear winner for me. 

Edited by Caractacus Potts

Guest Caractacus Potts
2 hours ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I agree, I post very rarely now after 20 years of being on P&B. I get the feeling my days are numbered as it’s the same old pish these days.

I feel the same way too. Nothing but an echo chamber. I remember when I used to agree with you and others and likewise. Remember when gaining only 10 points from 7 games wasn’t acceptable and you were calling for a boycott. Fast forward to today and we couldn’t suggest McGlynn wasn’t performing prior to Christmas and seeing us completely fall out the title race with 6 games left. 

Mind the term happy clapper and how that used to get bandied about? Changed days indeed on here. 

Edited by Caractacus Potts

57 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Ooh, your proper naughty pensioners in the near empty main stand will proper sort them out eh

I’m sure they probably will 😂. I was more thinking about the police chucking them out therefore wasting their cash so win/win either way 👍🏼😉

1 hour ago, RC55 FFC said:

Surely Pars fans aren’t stupid enough to think they can celebrate a goal/win on Saturday in the home end? 👀😂

There will be more pars fans in the main stand than Falkirk fans...

2 hours ago, Caractacus Potts said:

How can I take you seriously when you contest a point without knowing the division from season 2020/21?

Also it was in relation to the OP who said there were 3 other full time teams in the division this year so I just presumed Kelty were the third. We had Partick and Airdrie in 2020/21 so then it’s only 1 more full time team.

I'm not offering a view on the relative merits of the seasons though. 

If you are completely ignorant of the fundamentals though your wider point loses credibility. Are you seriously suggesting the one you didnt realise was full time was Dunfermline? That's simply bonkers. 

Airdrie werent completely full time in 20-21 anyway. They had a hybrid model with some full timers and some part timers.

Guest Caractacus Potts
19 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I'm not offering a view on the relative merits of the seasons though. 

If you are completely ignorant of the fundamentals though your wider point loses credibility. Are you seriously suggesting the one you didnt realise was full time was Dunfermline? That's simply bonkers. 

Airdrie werent completely full time in 20-21 anyway. They had a hybrid model with some full timers and some part timers.

I didn’t once suggest Dunfermline weren’t full time!

Why are you getting involved anyway!? You’re not even a Falkirk fan! The debate was solely about someone contesting the relative merits of the league due to the supposition that McGlynn can be excused for similar results to M&M due to being in a much tougher league than they had in 2020/21. 

The OP actually said there was 4 other full time teams this season instead of 2 in 2020/21 so if I lose credibility for supposing Kelty were full time then so do they. 

It’s bizarre that you even care to respond!

4 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Why are you getting involved anyway!? You’re not even a Falkirk fan! The debate was solely about someone contesting the relative merits of the league due to the supposition that McGlynn can be excused for similar results to M&M due to being in a much tougher league than they had in 2020/21. 

The OP actually said there was 4 other full time teams this season instead of 2 in 2020/21 so if I lose credibility for supposing Kelty were full time then so do they. 

Ah Falkirk fans and their bizarre notion that their thread is a private affair. 🤣 Its a multi club forum, deal with it or stick to One F. I got involved because you made an arse of it rabbiting about Kelty being full time and nobody else had already pointed it out. 🤷‍♂️

You're right having read back through though. He was wrong too. 

1 hour ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Imagine a non-Falkirk fan replying to a football thread in a multi-club forum.

Imagine that.

9 hours ago, RC55 FFC said:

6000+ potential new members? If the club has their contact details, get them all sent a membership form for the FSS - strike while the iron is hot and the enthusiasm for the club is there!

#ShowUsTheMoney

Guest Wind Chime Jimmy
53 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

6000+ potential new members? If the club has their contact details, get them all sent a membership form for the FSS - strike while the iron is hot and the enthusiasm for the club is there!

#ShowUsTheMoney

They'll fade away, one game only types.