The Falkirk FC Thread

I can see why the club haven’t reduced prices for the Airdrie game. There were over 4,500 there at the last game & this one is twice as big in terms of importance.

Granted STs aren’t valid but most now know & appreciate the POs aren’t on the ST.

7 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

I can see why the club haven’t reduced prices for the Airdrie game. There were over 4,500 there at the last game & this one is twice as big in terms of importance.

Granted STs aren’t valid but most now know & appreciate the POs aren’t on the ST.

I agree that STs shouldn’t be valid but I’d like to have seen prices reduced to say £12 or £15 to try and encourage some of those who came to Hampden.

11 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

I agree that STs shouldn’t be valid but I’d like to have seen prices reduced to say £12 or £15 to try and encourage some of those who came to Hampden.

Be interesting to see come Sat although Tues night will have a bearing too depending on how that one goes. 

17 minutes ago, FK1Bairn said:

Hagi?

Aside from the fact we are talking about a different class of player, Hagi had 3 solid CBs behind him and could get away with defensive lapses more. Plus McCall wanted the WBs to bomb forward. We're not getting good forward play, or defensive competence from Mackie on his wrong side. We only just about manage that when he's on the left. I don't dislike him, but he has focus issues as it is. 

1 hour ago, PedroMoutinho said:

The magnitude of the game and the excitement of the playoffs will already do that.

1 hour ago, PedroMoutinho said:

I actually get where you are coming from on this but I would like to think that there will be a significant increase in our usual support anyway given the importance of the game.

More money in the pot for next season.

8 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

I actually get where you are coming from on this but I would like to think that there will be a significant increase in our usual support anyway given the importance of the game.

More money in the pot for next season.

There will be a significant increase in support but I’d like to have seen the stadium as full as possible to give us an advantage.

The financial benefit of a few extra quid now would be more than outweighed by promotion.

5 hours ago, Springfield said:

The issue with giving Watson a new deal is that he’s an asset when fit, but a huge gamble if his injury flares up. He’s probably one of the highest earners, and there’s no room for passengers. Going by his interview I think he’s been told he’s not getting a new deal. 

He is the highest earner

3 hours ago, Russ said:

Wasn’t at the game yesterday but looks like one of the young boys McGinley was number 37. Does anyone know why?

Probably just sequential numbering. 

When the the U18s play at their own level they don't have squad numbers but I'd assume that if they're included as part of a senior squad they have to to be to be allocated a unique number for the season. 

27 is Kyle Connolly. 

28 is Pearse Carroll. 

29 is Finlay Malcolm. 

Shay Burke wore 30 when he was included in the squad against Alloa.  

31 was Nicky Hogarth. 

Liam Hall (U18s) wore 32 when he was included in the squad against Alloa.  

Leon McMurray (U18s) wore 33 when he was included in the squad against Alloa.  

Not sure who has 34 and 35 but I assume one will be U18 goalie Owen Hayward who you see most weeks warming up with Bobby Geddes / PJ / Kinnear before first team games.

Yesterday 36 was Logan Sinclair and 37 Max McGinley. 

2 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Probably just sequential numbering. 

When the the U18s play at their own level they don't have squad numbers but I'd assume that if they're included as part of a senior squad they have to to be to be allocated a unique number for the season. 

27 is Kyle Connolly. 

28 is Pearse Carroll. 

29 is Finlay Malcolm. 

Shay Burke wore 30 when he was included in the squad against Alloa.  

31 was Nicky Hogarth. 

Liam Hall (U18s) wore 32 when he was included in the squad against Alloa.  

Leon McMurray (U18s) wore 33 when he was included in the squad against Alloa.  

Not sure who has 34 and 35 but I assume one will be U18 goalie Owen Hayward who you see most weeks warming up with Bobby Geddes / PJ / Kinnear before first team games.

Yesterday 36 was Logan Sinclair and 37 Max McGinley. 

I think he's only asking as Craig Gowans was number 37 so it's surprising to see us using it, I thought it was retired.

Logan Sinclair play centre back for the U18's? Nice to see him with no fear crunching into a 50/50 in the corner.

Edited by FFC 1876

12 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

I think he's only asking as Craig Gowans was number 37 so it's surprising to see us using it, I thought it was retired.

Logan Sinclair play centre back for the U18's? Nice to see him with no fear crunching into a 50/50 in the corner.

Got you. I suspect the answer is that although the intention was that the number would be retired, there is no-one left at the club who was there 18 years ago. Although the directors would all have been fans back in those days, I doubt many of them would have realised the significance of the number, or been consulted when it was issued. 

And yes Logan Sinclair plays centre half. 

59 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Aye that was the reason. 

I understand that the management team/kit man or whoever issues the numbers wouldn’t have known the significance around it but just feel it’s a little disrespectful from the club as a whole. Potentially Scott Arfield apart that number should never be used.

Not meaning to come across too negative here and understand it’s probably nobody’s fault just a bit disappointed.

10 hours ago, Russ said:

Aye that was the reason. 

I understand that the management team/kit man or whoever issues the numbers wouldn’t have known the significance around it but just feel it’s a little disrespectful from the club as a whole. Potentially Scott Arfield apart that number should never be used.

Not meaning to come across too negative here and understand it’s probably nobody’s fault just a bit disappointed.

Fair point. As you say it’s been an error, albeit a poor one, and I’d expect an apology from the club to Craig’s family.

Tickets purchased for both games. Tbh it’s taken a bit of time to get some enthusiasm after the let down at Hampden. 
Two very matched teams, and if we can find the mid season attitude, application and form, we will come out tops. Anything less and it’s another L1 season. 

The team that easily won at Airdrie was

Kinear

Rowe Donaldson MacKie MCCann

McGinn Henderson

morrison Nesbitt Kennedy 

Oliver

If Rowe and Morrison are fit go with that. 
If not MCKay at RB, Max behind Oliver and Nesbitt in Morrison’s role