The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Back Post Misses
12 minutes ago, Van_damage said:

Sarcasm doesn’t transcend as well on here hence why I asked. 

Funny though. 

I said because the usual negative guys were saying we would win nothing after our game against CSS. That was just as ludicrous 

5 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

I said because the usual negative guys were saying we would win nothing after our game against CSS. That was just as ludicrous 

Yeh I agree. Pre-season friendlies don’t amount to much. Mind we beat Wigan prior to the Ochilview season.

8 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

It is just utter drivel. We beat St.Johnstone in a BCD game yesterday I believe we will now romp this league and concede under 10 goals! 

I will come back to this comment when we score at least 10 goals alone between the 4 games against Falkirk 

I think more was made out the clip when Donaldson tried to clean out the ball and man and completely missed, we were wide open they score and McGinn is meandering back in a half walk/jog looking like a Sunday league player after a night on the sesh. Cue players standing wondering who's fault it was. Sound familiar? 

Edited by ebobsboy

Guest Back Post Misses
1 hour ago, Ian Mcleod said:

I will come back to this comment when we score at least 10 goals alone between the 4 games against Falkirk 

Are you stupid? We had fans writing us off when we played our first friendly against CSS. We beat St.Johnstone and this post was in response to those writing us off. I can’t believe you have been wooshed too

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

Are you stupid? We had fans writing us off when we played our first friendly against CSS. We beat St.Johnstone and this post was in response to those writing us off. I can’t believe you have been wooshed too

Tbf admittedly I didn't really look into the comment I just seen a comment that said you would concede less than 10 goals. I'm glad it was only sarcasm. 

6 hours ago, Ian Mcleod said:

Perhaps BPM was highlighting the now jokey league phase of the league cup that we won't concede 10 goals

That's how I read it 😶

A lot of the season ahead for me is dependent on how McGlynn sets us up, we go the one up top route we can only hope McIver or Agyeman is better than what we have. I am not a hater of Oliver but as it stands minus the two mentioned, he is the only one capable of doing the lone striker role, Allan on appearances last season and comments from previous club fans isn't the answer.

I think we also have a midfield squad of mainly centre mids, nesbitt and Lawal ain't wide players, Oliver can revert there, Henderson also, Spencer, Mcginn and Yeats, that for me is 6 players competing for 2 places if you take out Oliver as a genuine CM jersey filler.

Morrison or Miller gets injured, does that leave Agyeman and Nesbitt as cover ?

Time will tell how we set up, I think we need to be more pro active in formations and not too fukn rigid ala Sheerin but not too all over the place ala Rennie with 5 formations in one game, you can tell previous seasons has broke me.

Agyeman should be used out wide and we've got Honeyman & Rhys Walker as options out wide. Lawal also done quite well when he was moved out to wide left in the CSS game.

If Oliver's playing(hopefully sparingly) it should only be as the 8 or the 10 in midfield, he's wasted upfront as he spends all his time dropping in or pulling out wide. 

12 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Your right fans are already saying it's us or Hamilton for the championship (how arrogant) while others write us off.

The fans should keep their feet on the ground as in the past we have build new signings up before then vilifying them.

Am hopeful for a good season a winning start done with style would be good

On Thursday at the away kit launch for the pitch sponsors, their was a small part of me that was mentally right back to the summer of 2018 & the kit launch for THAT squad/summer….shudders.

We can only hope it’s not a season like that 😂2023_06.29awaykitlaunch(2).thumb.jpeg.cb360f6a589e1b061698b0d5cab9c102.jpeg2023_06.29awaykitlaunch(4).thumb.jpeg.b10853f42b498dad9a8744d8f9d7b848.jpeg

Can only apologise for the last one….

striplaunch(1).thumb.jpeg.6d8db350eb26ff45cd88d7fc5fd14d4a.jpeg

Photos courtesy of @Bainsfordbairn 👏🏻

3 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

Agyeman should be used out wide and we've got Honeyman & Rhys Walker as options out wide. Lawal also done quite well when he was moved out to wide left in the CSS game.

If Oliver's playing(hopefully sparingly) it should only be as the 8 or the 10 in midfield, he's wasted upfront as he spends all his time dropping in or pulling out wide. 

Oliver dropping in isn’t the problem. The problem is no one runs beyond the midfield into the final third. Many strikers drop in but have runners behind the last man.

1 minute ago, Tea and Busquets said:

Oliver dropping in isn’t the problem. The problem is no one runs beyond the midfield into the final third. Many strikers drop in but have runners behind the last man.

Box to box midfielder needed - missing for past three seasons 

4 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

I'm guessing we went on our best run of form/results with Oliver up top on his own.

Our worst form was when McGlynn started his tombola of the starting 11 and a bonus ball for a formation.

Injuries played a part mainly Morrison and Kennedy but there was a few strange selections last season.  

Expecting two untried youngsters to step up is asking a lot to fill wide positions,personally think Lawall is a centre mid, he may do a job if we are on top out there but not when we are not for me.