The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, TheGreenElves said:

Random Falkirk related question. Scott Higgins(Aussie keeper) had a game where it was passed back to him and the ball bobbled over his foot and went in, who were the opposition?(guy in my quiz team was talking about it as he's friends with Scott, but couldn't remember who they were playing 🤣)

Don't remember that happening to Higgins, although I wouldn't be a bit surprised! It happened to Myles Hogarth though (one of our current goalie's dad) against, I think, Partick Thistle?

3 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Don't remember that happening to Higgins, although I wouldn't be a bit surprised! It happened to Myles Hogarth though (one of our current goalie's dad) against, I think, Partick Thistle?

If it did happen, it may have been in what I recall as one of the most horrific goalkeeping performances I've ever seen. Away to Inverness. 

2 hours ago, MulsonFFC said:

Protect McIver at all costs, he will likely need to start almost every game if we have a chance of winning the league. 

If that means at 3-0 up Allan gets thrown on in a position that might not suit him then so be it.   I don't sign-up to the fact we should keep him on the pitch just so it suits Allan when he comes on.

McGlynn isn't going to drastically change his style now, we need to accept it.

I don't think McGlynn will drastically change his style but I think he's due a bit of credit looking at last nights game.

We were more direct, moved the ball quicker and even went long from the keeper a few times, if that keeps up I think it would be safe to say he's adapted that style to more suit our players and give other teams something to think about instead of knowing they can just press our defenders high. 

2 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

If it did happen, it may have been in what I recall as one of the most horrific goalkeeping performances I've ever seen. Away to Inverness. 

Aye I was thinking it might have been this game(as he only played 15 matches, so there aren't too many games that it could have happened in 🤣)

10 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Aye, was speaking to a few other Falkirk fans who mentioned he was a bombscare, but that they can remember him doing it, just can't remember who against.

Just now, Shodwall cat said:

Mackay not in the entire squad thankfully it looks like he is on his way out. Was close to signing for another side but dithered and they ended up signing another experienced centrehalf but hopefully he'll get a move soon.

Sure someone said earlier he picked up a slight injury before the game. But agreed hopefully he’s on his way out and we can sign a right back that can also cover at Cb

25 minutes ago, Bairns1994 said:

Anyone know who Bairdy is talking about on the video below? 

it got posted on the COYB Facebook page.

https://m.facebook.com/groups/1090374457655988/permalink/7308545345838837/

These were the only 2 league cup games that Baird was on the bench for us in his time at the club. I’m guessing it’s James Craigen as he played with John Baird at Partick and presume the other player on the bench whom he referenced was Aaron Muirhead who also played with Craigen at Partick. Craigen had signed that Summer too and Muirhead had been there the season before so must’ve been breaking in to the established players group with Baird, Miller, Kerr and McCracken. Neither match was the first League Cup game though but Baird was never on the bench for any of the first matches. 

IMG_6936.jpeg

IMG_6937.jpeg

Edited by Van_damage

12 minutes ago, Van_damage said:

These were the only 2 league cup games that Baird was on the bench for us in his time at the club. I’m guessing it’s James Craigen as he played with John Baird at Partick and presume the other player on the bench whom he referenced was Aaron Muirhead who also played with Craigen at Partick. Craigen had signed that Summer too and Muirhead had been there the season before so must’ve been breaking in to the established players group with Baird, Miller, Kerr and McCracken. Neither match was the first League Cup game though but Baird was never on the bench for any of the first matches. 

IMG_6936.jpeg

IMG_6937.jpeg

1078 fans for a competitive game on a Saturday, seems pretty low.

Nice to see MacIver doing well for you guys. Feel he was a bit underappreciated at Alloa due to lack of goals but we're missing him big time this season. He was the one striker I really hoped we'd keep. Saying that, I hope he has a stinker against us on Saturday though 😉

1 hour ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Was that not Scott “Butter” Flinders?

ETA - just checked Soccerbase and you are of course correct.  Flinders was a couple of seasons later.

Edited by Disco Duck

8 minutes ago, Disco Duck said:

Was that not Scott “Butter” Flinders?

It was definitely Higgins. I'm sure he spilt one through his legs in the first half then let a cross/free kick from John Rankin go through his fingers. 

I remember having a feeling as soon as he put his arms up to catch Rankin's effort that it would go straight through him

2 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

Mackay not in the entire squad thankfully it looks like he is on his way out. Was close to signing for another side but dithered and they ended up signing another experienced centrehalf but hopefully he'll get a move soon.

Who was the side? Surely not a championship team? 

7 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Absolutely shite reason to move a game and quite tinpot tbh. The tie should be played in Falkirk instead

Exactly what I thought.  Club should've told them to forget it. We won't have anywhere near as many backing the team that night as a Saturday so I'm surprised our board agreed 

Edited by Shodwall cat