The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Shodwall cat said:

Do we really think  there's fans in the pub on a Saturday night talking about how bad it is that there are different bits of wood being stuck in the sign every home match?

Probably, some ask at AGM’s about scouting the juniors and back posts, nothing surprises me anymore.

3 hours ago, Jgs said:

I believe you. However the current sign is very much single use, with the opponent, date and time printed each time, and slotted into one big slot. 

Agree that this is not a big cost, but at the very least it'd be more sustainable to change the main sign to have a slot for opponent, a slot for date and a slot for time, and use reusable signs with opponents/dates/times on it. The opponents, dates and times are quite predictable anyway, so I don't think it'd be too much of a hardship to make and store. 

The hierarchy of sustainability is reduce/reuse/recycle so if it can be moved to the reuse instead of maybe recycling depending on material, I think that'd be a positive and sensible move for the club. 

Edit to add this isn't even mentioning the incorrect naming of the opponents, such as "Hamilton FC" when it is Hamilton Academical FC or even Hamilton AFC which isn't great.

Who. Gives. A. f**k. 

8 hours ago, FFC1965 said:

Interesting.  Its always struck me that an expanded Championship is the most likely change to the current set up that could actually gain enough support to happen.    

on 12-12-10-10 presumably most top flight teams (those without a B team agenda anyway) wont care one way or other as long as their slice of the cake is protected and Championship teams would love it (especially this seasons strugglers).  L1 promotion hopefuls like us would also no doubt lap it up.  

Its more likely to founder through opposition from

- teams in L1 who quite like getting the Navy Blue £ twice a season

- L2 teams who will see new teams coming to eat their lunch. 

- top flight teams who might want to exploit any expansion to include access for their B teams 

I could see reconstruction happening but Id reckon it more likely to feature more than 2 new teams being added eg I could see 12-16-10-10.   

To me this is all being talking about now to ensure queen's park don't go down. Lawall and haughey run Scottish football and nothing happens without them giving it the nod. Queen's park have had shedloads of cash put into them and there's no way haughey wants them to go down so watch the chat on this ramp.uo if they continue to slide down the table. You only need to look at the Hampden shenanigans to see that something we'll dodgy is going on.