The Falkirk FC Thread

14 minutes ago, Barr said:

Hamilton’s game being off today was a plus for us as it doesn’t let them put pressure on this week. 

Ultimately, though, with it now being midweek we're more likely to win it than we were today.

Very little, if any, benefit to Falkirk from this game being postponed.

2 hours ago, Higgenarse said:

I can understand Dunfermline fans laughing at us on here but the minks from Greenock is more of a mystery. It is like they are trying to create a rivalry that doesn't exist as we don't care about their grotty wee club. I suppose they should make most of it before the clubs return to their normal positions in the leagues.

Thing is, most teams would have struggled on that surface today and that’s just a matter of fact.

The audiences deservedly having their respective ten seconds of fun. Absolutely shameful performances in Edinburgh two weeks on the bounce. No doubt we’ll get everything from the pitches to the atrocious officiating. Today like last Saturday we faced eleven that worked their socks off. We’ve had a great season so far, but Fck all is won In January. Never thought that we could have so many players off key in a seven day period. McGlynn FFS why no changes to a game everyone could see after sixty or so minutes was going wrong. Best result today -  our rivals game was postponed. If there’s any budget whatsoever get an experienced GK in. 

2 hours ago, Higgenarse said:

I can understand Dunfermline fans laughing at us on here but the minks from Greenock is more of a mystery. It is like they are trying to create a rivalry that doesn't exist as we don't care about their grotty wee club. I suppose they should make most of it before the clubs return to their normal positions in the leagues.

Well said, an insignificant club who care far more about us than we do. A small club with no real rivalry. 

57 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Ultimately, though, with it now being midweek we're more likely to win it than we were today.

Very little, if any, benefit to Falkirk from this game being postponed.

You’ve missed my point, which isn’t a surprise as you team is currently missing 9 😂

At the end of the day Barcelona would’ve struggled on that pitch, a cow field covered in mud, sand and divets! At one point in the second half, the ball bounced in front of Long in the box, hit a divet and changed direction. The unbeaten run had to end sometime, and I’m not too disappointed personally. The players have done us and the club proud and no one can take away the record breaking 26 unbeaten run - until the next run whenever that will be. I thought Nesbitt adapted to the pitch best for us but the rest struggled on the heavy pitch. We tried to match Bonnyrigg with the high ball / fast tempo approach, but Bonnyrigg looked more comfortable on their turf and won a lot of second balls. We certainly had chances to equalise and score a couple more in the 2nd half but shot over or wide when composure was needed. It wasn’t to be, but now we can focus everything on the league and maybe pick up a trophy in the challenge cup. The season’s not over by a long shot and keen to get back to league business.

Edited by GunnerBairn

7 minutes ago, Just-in said:

Despite the cup run, we made a loss last season.

Worrying to think where we’d be just now without it. Sincerely hope we haven’t made the same mistake with our budget as going out this early is a huge blow to our finances. 

I’m sure the BOD have budgeted our season based on nothing other than our league revenue..

1 hour ago, BPM Again said:

Finally back in Sheffield. Gutted about the performance and result and the time spent to be ultimately let down. Do I regret going and all the effort - do I f**k. COYB 

Still think Long is good enough?

22 minutes ago, Springfield said:

I’m sure the BOD have budgeted our season based on nothing other than our league revenue..

Surely that's the case. We could have drawn a Premiership team straight out the gate and ended up with the same result of being out on our arses. We got lucky last season as the draws were kind.

10 hours ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

Sam Long lettuce wrists at the end there. GK is the weakest area of our team by a distance.

I'd always thought that Long was marginally the better keeper but I've come to realise that they're as rank as each other. Send Long back to Lincoln, use that dough saved plus anything that we are getting from Kelty for McKay and bring in an experienced goalie until the end of the season. Both Hogarth and Long will cost us goals and undo all the other good work (hopefully) done elsewhere. C'mon John, get your little black book of contacts out and get us a decent keeper.

6 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Still think Long is good enough?

I do actually. If you judge him over all the games he has played he has done well. Granted he was at fault for the first today. Not sure he could do a great deal with the winner.