The Falkirk FC Thread

2 hours ago, PedroMoutinho said:

The point is people contribute to the club in different ways based on their preferences and ability to do so. It is not as simple as saying FSS members are “stepping up” more than non-FSS members.

A non-FSS member who is an ST holder, buys a programme/50-50 tickets, merchandise, drinks at the South Stand bar and hospitality once or twice a season could easily be putting more into the club than a lot of FSS members.

To me it is ludicrous to suggest they are stepping up less than someone giving a tenner a month to the FSS simply because they are doing so via different mechanisms. 

Maybe try answering his question.

31 minutes ago, Jimmy1876 said:

But no one is disputing that. The issue is with you suggesting they are superior to those who don't contribute to FSS. But I can see you will just continuously and deliberately try to deflect from the actual point. So one last time - the issue is that you undervalue and disrespect the contribution of non members. It would be great if they joined but that's dependent on if they can or want to. It does not make them a lesser fan. If you don't see what is wrong with having that opinion then I can't help you.

I won't reply any more as we are going round in circles but have a nice night. 

dude, I've been following this from the start, I see no disrespect from BPM, no accusation of lesser or better fans. What I see is two falkirk fans wanting the best for their team we all want the same thing. I agree with you we should use the energy to find ways to make fss bigger and better. 

1 hour ago, Springfield said:

We can play with the maths till the cows come home, but it’s brutal to criticise fans that not contributing to the FSS. I have many very close Falkirk friends who are die hard fans who each season spend fortunes on STs, new tops, training gear, 50/50 hospitality etc. Why do they not contribute to the FSS ? Their general consensus is that why should they contribute even more cash than they already give to the club, and why don’t we have a BOD capable of attracting investment, wether from the existing people or others prepared to invest. 

This is utter bullshit IMO.

If your 'many very close Falkirk friends' are already spending fortunes on STs, tops, training gear, 50/50 tickets and hospitality etc every season, I'm sure you could gently persuade them to part with another tenner a month! It would certainly help.

It's not for the first time that you've trotted out the 'why are the BOD not capable of attracting investment' line either. They've done a fantastic job in achieving what they have so far, yet you seem to infer that they're either incapable or don't give a shit. Both opinions are clearly untrue.

I know two or three guys that I couldn't persuade to join. Not because they can't afford it, more that they're 'fair weather supporters' who aren't invested in the club the way that I am. I think there are a lot of new fans who attend matches now who probably don't view themselves as supporters as such. and therefore won't see an FSS membership as important.

7 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

This is utter bullshit IMO.

If your 'many very close Falkirk friends' are already spending fortunes on STs, tops, training gear, 50/50 tickets and hospitality etc every season, I'm sure you could gently persuade them to part with another tenner a month! It would certainly help.

It's not for the first time that you've trotted out the 'why are the BOD not capable of attracting investment' line either. They've done a fantastic job in achieving what they have so far, yet you seem to infer that they're either incapable or don't give a shit. Both opinions are clearly untrue.

I know two or three guys that I couldn't persuade to join. Not because they can't afford it, more that they're 'fair weather supporters' who aren't invested in the club the way that I am. I think there are a lot of new fans who attend matches now who probably don't view themselves as supporters as such. and therefore won't see an FSS membership as important.

It’s all about opinions, good luck mate 

Top of the league and unbeaten in the league and our posters are still turning on each other 😂.

No wonder I rarely post any more.

What is interesting is the number of economists on here who know what every Falkirk fan has as disposable income and what they should be donating to FSS each month. 

f**k me.

Just now, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Looks like the KM7 stand will sell out tomorrow. Cant remember it ever selling out over a week before a game before. Should be a big fucking sexy crowd 

Already sold out my son tried to get a ticket half an hour ago

44 minutes ago, MSG GTF! said:

There’s nothing wrong with expressing that view, you’re not alone in being disappointed.

Let’s cut the bullsh*t. A very small minority of our support are likely to fall into the bracket of struggling financially to the extent that they are unable to justify an extra tenner a month. However far too many are latching onto that as a convenient excuse, and either can’t be arsed or simply don’t care enough. It’s £2.50 a week ffs! No one will convince me so many people are that hard up.

This season, as well as increased FSS subscriptions, we have had substantially increased attendances, sponsorships and hospitality numbers.

In my view, it is disgraceful to suggest that fans who have put additional money into the club in this way don’t care simply because they have chosen not to join the FSS.

I just don’t get the obsession with the gap needing to be closed through FSS memberships alone. To me if a supporter is choosing to put more of their hard earned cash into the club (whether that be through FSS, hospitality, merchandise or whatever), they should be thanked for that.

It makes no sense to me to suggest they “don’t care enough” simply because they are choosing to do that via a medium others than FSS.

Just now, Springfield said:

Sorry at no point did I say “incapable” 

Oh, FFS, and you say I should try digesting your posts. Maybe you should try digesting them yourself. You said 'why don't we have a BOD capable of attracting investment'. If you don't think they're capable, you must think they're incapable. 

1 minute ago, ShaggerG said:

Oh, FFS, and you say I should try digesting your posts. Maybe you should try digesting them yourself. You said 'why don't we have a BOD capable of attracting investment'. If you don't think they're capable, you must think they're incapable. 

Fair point, however capable / incapable……

6 minutes ago, GunnerBairn said:

Not before we spark up debate on the standard of pies and lack of stadium bins.

I for one find the donner pies to be of exceptionally high quality. Well worth the Sunday morning ring-sting 🔥

3 hours ago, Brockers61 said:

I think that's the route Ayr United are going down, the new stand will have 700 seats at the back but with terracing retained in front of the seating. Also hospitality boxes catering for 100 plus behind the new seats. 

Actual genius design IMO. Would look great down the east side of the pitch for us and would start to pay for itself much sooner than you think with the hospitality boxes. I’ve tried the Arsenal hospitality box before at Emirates and it’s simply decked out, cloak room,  table, chairs, nibbles, drinks, and Sky Sports. Walk through the slidey glass doors there’s your seats, one floor up from the pitch. Think they have a ring of boxes on their level one and I’ve no doubt we could make a wedge if we had something similar on the east side. Jamie Swinney are you reading this, make it so! 

1 hour ago, LatapyBairn. said:

No, we accept we can only pay out what we bring in like 90% of clubs in the country regardless of what league we are in, as has always been the case,  it’s not difficult. Should we still be in this division I doubt it would actually be as severe as a part time scenario but the club needs to plan budgets for a worst case scenario as well as a best case. Do you think we are different from the rest somehow? Should we borrow money and put the club into debt? Should we rip up the fan ownership model and sell to a Mark Campbell type? Is there a billionaire sugar daddy prepared to buy us and bank roll the club indefinitely? I’d love to hear what it is you’re suggesting the club could do to increase revenue over and above what is already being done. 

So you accept mediocrity?

4 minutes ago, GunnerBairn said:

Actual genius design IMO. Would look great down the east side of the pitch for us and would start to pay for itself much sooner than you think with the hospitality boxes. I’ve tried the Arsenal hospitality box before at Emirates and it’s simply decked out, cloak room,  table, chairs, nibbles, drinks, and Sky Sports. Walk through the slidey glass doors there’s your seats, one floor up from the pitch. Think they have a ring of boxes on their level one and I’ve no doubt we could make a wedge if we had something similar on the east side. Jamie Swinney are you reading this, make it so! 

If we ever manage to get round to building a fourth stand it will definitely need to produce revenue on non match days to help pay for it I think. Whilst it would be great to have hospitality boxes, I'm not sure that we could sell them all on top of what we already do? Maybe in the Premier right enough and we wouldn't be in a position to build it until we get back there anyway.