The Falkirk FC Thread

2 hours ago, Sarcastic Bairn said:

Interesting, I hope BBC Alba put the cameras in the dressing room à la Darvel and we get Bartley in the centre giving a Braveheart speech with names like 'RC55FFC reg plate said they are going to win the league, Sputnik thinks I'm a sh*te manager etc.'

'Their manager or players didn't say anything, but let's show these usernames we don't deserve to be 42 points behind them, & that 65 goal difference between us can be overturned,  get intae thum!

Lets show these usernames 😂

Joe Biden Reaction GIF by The Democrats

Just having a wee swatch at the tickets for the Alloa game and the Main Stand is pretty much sold out already  apart from block G lower and H.

Hopefully get a similar crowd in as the Hamilton game + another 1k or so Bairns in the North Stand 

2 hours ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Just having a wee swatch at the tickets for the Alloa game and the Main Stand is pretty much sold out already  apart from block G lower and H.

Hopefully get a similar crowd in as the Hamilton game + another 1k or so Bairns in the North Stand 

There's usually a game where all the community teams get to go to and do a walk around the pitch at half time. I haven't looked at what's been sold yet but could Block H be getting kept for the community teams? 

Stokes jailed. No shock there, been coming for a while. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-68580908

Edited by FK1Bairn

58 minutes ago, FK1Bairn said:

There's usually a game where all the community teams get to go to and do a walk around the pitch at half time. I haven't looked at what's been sold yet but could Block H be getting kept for the community teams? 

Stokes jailed. No shock there, been coming for a while. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-68580908

He's lucky he didn't get Sheriff Denny, he's much tougher!

Just watched McGlynns pre match interview for tomorrow. Looking likely Lang could end up missing most or the rest of the season at this rate.

Hopefully it's not as bad as all that as it would be a shame for him to miss out on the end of the season when he's been so good and so pivotal to our success this year.

Also makes going unbeaten a bit less likely for me as Hendo has been missed in the middle of the park in the last couple of games.

14 minutes ago, GMBairn said:

Just watched McGlynns pre match interview for tomorrow. Looking likely Lang could end up missing most or the rest of the season at this rate.

Hopefully it's not as bad as all that as it would be a shame for him to miss out on the end of the season when he's been so good and so pivotal to our success this year.

Also makes going unbeaten a bit less likely for me as Hendo has been missed in the middle of the park in the last couple of games.

Agree. Lang looked like he’d been carrying an injury for a few weeks. Hugely missed but Hendo more than capable of filling the slot. We’ve got plenty to fill the midfield role, but agree Hendo gives us some bite. 

Looks like our neighbours are cementing their championship status. Difficult one as I for one would love to see them relegated. On the other hand hopefully four great fixtures to look forward too, and the finances of our club enhanced shy of 80/90K.

1 hour ago, Bigbrbairn said:

I would rather Dundee United were promoted and the scum stay in the league.  Good derby games with atmosphere

Good derbies and atmosphere far outweighed by how funny it would be to see them go straight back down.

One thing we can have no complaints about this season is injuries, apart from Lang, the only other player that I can think of being out for a wee while is Calvin Miller. Callumn Morrison is like a human crash test dummy, he gets kicked week after week after week and still comes back for more.

The unfortunate thing about Lang's injury is that it weakens us in two areas of the park with Hendo having to move back into defence as we don't have a like for like replacement waiting in the wings. McGlynn must have had a crystal ball when he snapped up Dylan Tait as he is good cover for us in this situation.

1 hour ago, AndrewFFC said:

Good derbies and atmosphere far outweighed by how funny it would be to see them go straight back down.

Hope we can be in the same league next year.

Much harder division from the last time you were relegated half a decade ago.  Billy big baws now aye? Wait till next year.... League one is miles off it. Beating pub teams is giving you a false sense of security folks.

1 hour ago, Chubbychops said:

Hope we can be in the same league next year.

Much harder division from the last time you were relegated half a decade ago.  Billy big baws now aye? Wait till next year.... League one is miles off it. Beating pub teams is giving you a false sense of security folks.

Not really.

We have beaten Ayr. Dundee Utd, Partick Thistle and Queens Park this season.

Well aware we will need to strengthen (and we will) to be challenging next season.

4 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

We have beaten Ayr. Dundee Utd, Partick Thistle and Queens Park this season.

In a cup no-one cares about where the opposition may not have played their strongest squad or may not have been 100% committed. 

All this talk of what we might do next year scares me. I'm sure we'll aim to be competing at the top but I'm worried that expectations might be so high that a bad start sees the atmosphere turn quickly. 

Yep it's ridiculous. 

Get this job done and only then can we consider where we are in relation to whatever 9 other teams are there.

The Championship does indeed look much harder than last time. There will probably be no PT sides for a start. It looks to be a complete nightmare of a slog for most teams as they are so evenly matched, RR excepted as they are overperforming but will still be there next season. We've been lucky with injuries this year, the way they have ruined DA and Arbroath seasons is all too clear.