The Falkirk FC Thread

10 hours ago, Nkomo-A-Gogo said:

Is that a feature of FTV? I'm stuck doing stuff Saturday afternoon but could manage to stay away from the scores if its possible to watch back

No I was meaning I was going to record the Montrose game on Alba. You can get a full replay on FTV from midnight I think if you can hold off that long this weekend though!

1 hour ago, FFC 1876 said:

How much is not a lot of room?

With promotion all-but over the line, McGlynn revealed that the current squad won’t look too different come the start of the next campaign, with continuity key.

“I don’t think we’ll have a lot of room for bringing in new faces, I don’t think the budget will stretch that far,” he admitted. “But we will have a lot of continuity. It is what it is. “We have an amazing dressing room, the guys all get on like a house on fire.

Clearly we don’t need a rebuild, but we will require additional quality imo given we will be facing a significantly higher level of opposition over the season.

Have to say extending Oliver is a strange one if budget is limited given he is not going to start games.

8 minutes ago, Rugster said:

No I was meaning I was going to record the Montrose game on Alba. You can get a full replay on FTV from midnight I think if you can hold off that long this weekend though!

I see a Likely Lads episode developing here. 

ALBA can be watched in its entirety from the start if you can avoid the score etc......

7 minutes ago, Kevin James Left Knee said:

ALBA can be watched in its entirety from the start if you can avoid the score etc......

Whatever happened?

I really feared losing Lang to injury given how important he's been and thought it might happen given he's not had the best luck in the past. Especially with limited back up options for that position

But Henderson has been excellent since going back there and Tait has looked quality in beside Spencer, despite probably lacking a bit of match sharpness 

Also helps that the league is now all but done, we could probably lose every game and Hamilton still wouldnt catch us 

2 hours ago, Springfield said:

Heard a couple of weeks back that the injury could be bad. McGlynn now confirming that’s it’s a tear, in the same knees he had a serious injury with. Good luck Tam, get well and fit for new season. 

How could you know that when the player trained last week only for it to flair up? 

23 hours ago, Blame Me said:

Onus clearly on SPFL to detail valid concerns as to why artificial surfaces should be ruled out especially after the Dundee debacle at the weekend. 

Additionally they will also need to suggest how they will fix the redistribution of funds1 so that clubs across the pyramid can replace or maintain grass pitches to the perceived "standard" that top-flight football deserves - in their opinion ...

Think I'll be in for a long wait. 

1 This as always is the crux of the matter - Players prefer grass but clubs can't finance both so it's either got to continue to be a blend of surfaces in the SPFL or only one type (grass) across the whole organisation, in my view.

Not that I think this has any bearing on the SPFL reasoning but all the same this could be significant longer-term: 

Health checks on users of crumb rubber pitches is insufficient, study finds | About | University of Stirling

If this comes to fruition it will require statutory and governmental support to be feasible.

1 hour ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Clearly we don’t need a rebuild, but we will require additional quality imo given we will be facing a significantly higher level of opposition over the season.

Have to say extending Oliver is a strange one if budget is limited given he is not going to start games.

It’s only strange if you don’t rate Oliver, which McGlynn clearly does. He’s had him for a couple of years now so there’s no doubt about that. 

My (pound shop Pep) preference would be more resilience in the CH/DCM positions. We’ve been fortunate that we’ve had so few injuries but it’d only take a couple to really upset things.  Similarly suspensions - tougher games will likely mean more bookings for the likes of Hendo. 

1 hour ago, Springfield said:

At SA game was told 

My mate spoke to Lang himself at that game and he told him he would be back training that week which he was only for it to flair up. The club did not know the extent of the injury till he had his scan. 

1 hour ago, StuartA said:

It’s only strange if you don’t rate Oliver, which McGlynn clearly does. He’s had him for a couple of years now so there’s no doubt about that. 

My (pound shop Pep) preference would be more resilience in the CH/DCM positions. We’ve been fortunate that we’ve had so few injuries but it’d only take a couple to really upset things.  Similarly suspensions - tougher games will likely mean more bookings for the likes of Hendo. 

This is the same guy who was slaughtering the re-signing of Nesbitt. 

4 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

How much is not a lot of room?

With promotion all-but over the line, McGlynn revealed that the current squad won’t look too different come the start of the next campaign, with continuity key.

“I don’t think we’ll have a lot of room for bringing in new faces, I don’t think the budget will stretch that far,” he admitted. “But we will have a lot of continuity. It is what it is. “We have an amazing dressing room, the guys all get on like a house on fire.

Read quality over quantity.

You never know who may be available in the closed season that may affect McGynn's plans but he will have a general idea already on what positions and who he wants to fill them.

If money is as tight as he says then Arfield's big goodbye to the Bairns could be passed up. That would be a shame but needs must.

Case of wait and see.

7 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Read quality over quantity.

You never know who may be available in the closed season that may affect McGynn's plans but he will have a general idea already on what positions and who he wants to fill them.

If money is as tight as he says then Arfield's big goodbye to the Bairns could be passed up. That would be a shame but needs must.

Case of wait and see.

At no point ever ever ever ever was Scott Arfield going to be signing for Falkirk this summer regardless of what our playing budget was! Where on earth are you getting this from? 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

2 hours ago, Kevin James Left Knee said:

“……..but there weren’t any goals”    😂

In terms of budget guys like mcginn and McKay will be on really good money, Mackie is probably on a decent amount as well so if those guys leave your talking about wages good enough for 3 starters, without considering the fringe players that will go.

I think that's more than enough to strengthen in the positions we need and still have enough for squad players.

5 hours ago, Springfield said:

Heard a couple of weeks back that the injury could be bad. McGlynn now confirming that’s it’s a tear, in the same knees he had a serious injury with. Good luck Tam, get well and fit for new season. 

Why didn’t you tell us at the time?