The Falkirk FC Thread

Ross McIver is becoming a bit of a big game player for us.

A lot of his goals and assists have come in tight matches and that's 2 goals and an assist in 4 games against Hamilton.

No argument he should have more goals but he's come up big when it's mattered. 

1 hour ago, GMBairn said:

A lot of his goals and assists have come in tight matches and that's 2 goals and an assist in 4 games against Hamilton.

Good poachers goal today.

A two yard tap in is worth the same as a thirty yard arse hole winder.

5 hours ago, Sarcastic Bairn said:

Awaits Pedro's appearance saying he should have only received a 1 year and not a 2 year extension.

Best player on the park by a mile today.

Is there ANYTHING he has got right? No sign of him again when we win, same after Montrose. 

3 minutes ago, BPM said:

Is there ANYTHING he has got right? No sign of him again when we win, same after Montrose. 

He occasionally posts something sensible but the miserable negativity is his default setting.

10 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

He occasionally posts something sensible but the miserable negativity is his default setting.

And an underlying seeth that the new regime (the fans) have turned things around. 

34 minutes ago, BPM said:

And an underlying seeth that the new regime (the fans) have turned things around. 

These folk are a tiny minority, you never meet them in real life but they can be prevalent on here and will appear from under a rock as soon as we eventually loose a game so be prepared! lol. 

3 chickens to go (not that I'm counting my chickens).

Yesterday's performance against Accies was as good as any this season. Well done to the lads and the fans who were equally as fantastic. 

Kelty should be on the beach next week and there's a good chance Alloa are resting players on the final day. That leaves Annan who are fighting for survival but looked like a complete gang recently, despite stealing a point. I'll be incredibly disappointed if we fall short now.

11 hours ago, Tea and Busquets said:

That was as easy as we’ll get. It was like playing a bang average mid table team never mind our nearest challenger. As others have said, Nesbitt was a 10/10. Totally unplayable and should have been man of the match. They are utter dog meat 🤣Imagine replacing Dylan Tait with Ben Williamson 🤣🤣🤣

Hamilton already have more points this season than Airdrie gained in getting promotion last season and are on track to beat our points total from last season.

For me the fact we’ve seen off such a worthy adversary this season so easyily makes the season we’ve had even more impressive.

At any professional level it’s very, very difficult to go 33 games unbeaten and if we manage to go the whole invincible then that’s something very special indeed.

54 minutes ago, lanky_ffc said:

Kelty should be on the beach next week and there's a good chance Alloa are resting players on the final day. That leaves Annan who are fighting for survival but looked like a complete gang recently, despite stealing a point. I'll be incredibly disappointed if we fall short now.

Agree, think Annan could be the toughest of the remaining 3 games. Their home form is second only to ours with 4 wins from their last 5 and as you say they have a lot to play for. A lot of the teams lose their runs of form when they play us though, so here's hoping it continues for the next 3 games.

In other news...there are only 369 tickets left for the North Stand for the Alloa game (sold 623). 

8 hours ago, GMBairn said:

He just doesn't lose a header for us, yeah he could be more clinical in the box sometimes with it, however his winning of the ball in the air mid pitch is so effective for our play.

The lazy press who who don't really cover games will think Burrell has had a better season just because of goal tally.

3 minutes ago, Sarcastic Bairn said:

He just doesn't lose a header for us, yeah he could be more clinical in the box sometimes with it, however his winning of the ball in the air mid pitch is so effective for our play.

The lazy press who who don't really cover games will think Burrell has had a better season just because of goal tally.

Having just watched the highlights again that’s what stood out for me that he got two poachers goals ( 1 off-side) i think that’s what’s been missing from his game. If he can add that more regularly he will be a huge asset next season.

15 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

Agree, think Annan could be the toughest of the remaining 3 games. Their home form is second only to ours with 4 wins from their last 5 and as you say they have a lot to play for. A lot of the teams lose their runs of form when they play us though, so here's hoping it continues for the next 3 games.

In other news...there are only 369 tickets left for the North Stand for the Alloa game (sold 623). 

Agree, thought Annan in general have played some decent football and have done reasonably well against us. They are fighting hard to keep safe and not dropping down. A difficult game ahead. Didn’t realise Kelty could (difficult)nick a play off place depending on others. Across the league Accies and Alloa are the only two teams that are pretty much guaranteed their end places after the 36games.

10 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Queens Park falling into the relegation play off spot yesterday too, would love to see them relegated.

Not for me. Glasgow/Hampden away day would be brilliant. 

That said, I think QP or ICT would beat any of the L1 play off teams over 2 legs.