The Falkirk FC Thread

Belated well done and huge congratulations to Falkirk. 

I thought McGlynn was a canny operator but to go the whole season unbeaten is an unbelievable achievement for everyone at the club.  Looking forward to games against you next season - unless we fluke the playoffs (unlikely!).

10 minutes ago, JS_FFC said:

I could be wrong but I’d be very surprised if McGlynn has signed a boy to rock up twice a week and play on Saturdays in the championship. We are a full time, serious, professional club.

If it’s true that he’s a self-employed sparky then I’d imagine he will be either taking time out from that career or only doing it in the afternoons and evenings after training. 

Have you tried to get an electrician? Most I know are either golfing or away on holiday. When they put in the hours to pay for the golfing and holidays I've no idea. You'll train about 3 - 4 hours a day max and not every day, plenty of " full time" footballers have other careers outside the game.

24 minutes ago, JS_FFC said:

I could be wrong but I’d be very surprised if McGlynn has signed a boy to rock up twice a week and play on Saturdays in the championship. We are a full time, serious, professional club.

If it’s true that he’s a self-employed sparky then I’d imagine he will be either taking time out from that career or only doing it in the afternoons and evenings after training. 

@philpyspoke to his da 

Also what everyone was saying was it was a hybrid thing

McGlynn family and McKenna are quite close so maybe why he is ok with it 

Also worth pointing out that with McGinn leaving, we wouldn’t have a single player signed over the age of 30, with Coll being the oldest at 29.

I seriously doubt McKenna has been brought into to play 36 games from the start, but he knows the level and still has something to offer, too - he’s 33 and it’s a one year deal. All good in my opinion. 

Just now, 18BAIRN76 said:

Also worth pointing out that with McGinn leaving, we wouldn’t have a single player signed over the age of 30, with Coll being the oldest at 29.

I seriously doubt McKenna has been brought into to play 36 games from the start, but he knows the level and still has something to offer, too - he’s 33 and it’s a one year deal. All good in my opinion. 

In McGlynn we trust!

I think the league table, particularly the goals scored column, doesn't paint an accurate picture of just how deep the squad had to dig to grind out some of those results - it's a fabulous achievement

Not short of ability but certainly not short of  work ethic or commitment either - fucking love them all.

I think if we'd went without Donaldson, Henderson and Lang for a few weeks in the middle of the season, we wouldn't have gone undefeated. It was the heart and desire to be legends that pushed the squad to overachieve.

That and being supported and willed over the line by the Ultras.

2 hours ago, Springfield said:

IMG_6374.jpeg

We told the players that anyone who wanted a picture with their families was to come up to the stage after the fans had left. There seemed to be an endless line of players, staff and volunteers who wanted shots with different folk and I think the SPFL staff were pissed off waiting. So much so that they started dismantling the stage while pics were still ongoing. 😂

That image was one of the last ones, hence the last of staging at the back. It was 1845 before I took my final picture. Hence why there will be no hospitality images this week. 

8 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

We told the players that anyone who wanted a picture with their families was to come up to the stage after the fans had left. There seemed to be an endless line of players, staff and volunteers who wanted shots with different folk and I think the SPFL staff were pissed off waiting. So much so that they started dismantling the stage while pics were still ongoing. 😂

That image was one of the last ones, hence the last of staging at the back. It was 1845 before I took my final picture. Hence why there will be no hospitality images this week. 

A wonderful gesture and it speaks volumes. Well done. When will the Falkirk TV team dry out enough to get highlights up? They deserve a few days off.

4 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

A wonderful gesture and it speaks volumes. Well done. When will the Falkirk TV team dry out enough to get highlights up? They deserve a few days off.

I've no idea. I haven't contacted the guys today, but they tend to be dedicated and would likely have put them up today despite the hangovers. However, the Alloa highlights removes some of the urgency so I'll guess at tomorrow. 

15 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

that explains why there are so many wonderful photos on social media today, ❤️ the spfl are there to look after their members not the other way around and should have understood after 5 years of misery and decline and nearly 20 years starved of  silverware the people immersed in the club would want to savour every moment. 

1 minute ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

I've no idea. I haven't contacted the guys today, but they tend to be dedicated and would likely have put them up today despite the hangovers. However, the Alloa highlights removes some of the urgency so I'll guess at tomorrow. 

Plenty of time but would really like the highlights to look back on over the years if things get tough 😃😃

1 hour ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

You were running around with a huge grin, spinning like a top trying to get pictures of everything.  Just as well you weren't using film, Boots would have had a backlog for 3 months. 

34 minutes ago, Kevin James Left Knee said:

A  loan player has already been identified. 

I'd be really disappointed if Hogarth was a starter next season. I really hope we have other plans. Could develop into a decent keeper in time but that time isn't now