The Falkirk FC Thread

2 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

Most of it sold out within hours. Bit pissed off with that tbh 

Fucking hell. Get home from work and it's nearly all gone. Bit of a theme this season.

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

You get the impression Ayr are throwing money at their squad. Just as well they have a shite manager.

Was mentioned in here that we had been in talks with him but the news article only mentioned Morton, Ayr and Partick offering him deals. Said Ayr & Partick's offers were much better but that's not much of a brag given it's Morton. 

He's going to be the main man at Ayr whereas he'd have been playing second fiddle to Graham at Partick so it may not be them throwing money at it.

Brown will pull some favours loan wise but they've already lost their two best players this summer in Chalmers and Dowds.

Edited by FFC 1876

The club giving it big licks to supporters about only buying official merch only to release a handful of items in such small numbers that they sell out immediately isn't the best look.

Thankfully I didn't hold onto my £20 a bought an unofficial poster. 

8 hours ago, latapythelegend said:

Yeah still very frustrating though.  Really hope they haven't underestimated demand.

Reprints can be turned around quickly. I wouldn’t panic 

I think the sales of the invincibles merchandise will be massive. As this is a once in a lifetime achievement, I think most folk would be wise to buy at least 2 of everything, one item that you maybe use and another that you keep pristine or framed etc., family heirlooms. Don't laugh, I seriously believe that.

On 22/05/2024 at 21:43, GunnerBairn said:

According to a Livvy supporting mate, we enquired about their young winger Steven Bradley in January but Livvy knocked us back despite the lad being keen. Now Bradley’s been released and the rumour from Livvy is that McGlynns’s back in for him. Would make sense if Ethan Ross isn’t coming back, a like for like winger replacement.

On 22/05/2024 at 21:49, FFC 1876 said:

He's not been released he's under contract but has requested a transfer so I doubt they'll let him go to a team in the same league.

He's been freed now as Livi have signed Lewis Smith from Accies. 

15 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

You get the impression Ayr are throwing money at their squad. Just as well they have a shite manager.

15 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

Was mentioned in here that we had been in talks with him but the news article only mentioned Morton, Ayr and Partick offering him deals. Said Ayr & Partick's offers were much better but that's not much of a brag given it's Morton. 

He's going to be the main man at Ayr whereas he'd have been playing second fiddle to Graham at Partick so it may not be them throwing money at it.

Brown will pull some favours loan wise but they've already lost their two best players this summer in Chalmers and Dowds.

I take this back they've just resigned Dowds.

Scottish Cup Final build-up on BBC.  Ten minutes ago, pitch-side, Neil McCann mentioned some Scottish Cup finals he'd played in, for Rangers. Then he summarised "The Scottish Cup has been really lucky for me." 

Neil McCann: what an insufferable tier one bellend.  He's memory wiped himself of being one of our highest paid players in the 2009 Scottish Cup Final yet missed two key chances for us.  He's never once mentioned the 2009 final or any remorse from it in any of the numerous times that I've seen him talk about his prior Scottish Cup experiences during his media duties. Arsehole. Let us down yet doesn't seem to give two shits.

Same referee that awarded the penalty against Leon McCann v ICT when the ball brushed his pinkie, completely ignores a blatant hand ball by a Rangers defender denying Celtic a penalty.

13 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Same referee that awarded the penalty against Leon McCann v ICT when the ball brushed his pinkie, completely ignores a blatant hand ball by a Rangers defender denying Celtic a penalty.

It’s the consistency though. Most people know that’s not a deliberate handball, but anyone who watches the Scottish Premiership sees refs have been giving penalties for exactly the same as that on a weekly basis.