The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Bigbrbairn said:

I would go that way. Although it would be good to have a run in the cup it is not so important

We should be taking care of Stenhousemuir irrespective of any changes to our line up.

For Stenny, I'd go with a big rotation and include all or most of the subs in to the starting line up, resting players that need it most. The overall strength and versatility of the squad makes me think we have enough in the tank, whoever plays, for what Stenny have in store.

On a completely different topic (and running the risk of aggravating any PTSD for some Bairns!) I see Naismith at Hearts has lost 6 games in a row and no doubt the voices for him to go will be getting louder. Should we be wary of an approach for M&S by Hearts? McGlynn also a Hearts man is he not? This all sounds horribly familiar.

18 minutes ago, GunnerBairn said:

For Stenny, I'd go with a big rotation and include all or most of the subs in to the starting line up, resting players that need it most. The overall strength and versatility of the squad makes me think we have enough in the tank, whoever plays, for what Stenny have in store.

On a completely different topic (and running the risk of aggravating any PTSD for some Bairns!) I see Naismith at Hearts has lost 6 games in a row and no doubt the voices for him to go will be getting louder. Should we be wary of an approach for M&S by Hearts? McGlynn also a Hearts man is he not? This all sounds horribly familiar.

No chance MCGlynn is getting the Hearts job IMO

I'd expect a lot of changes for stenny, it's not an important cup really and most of the players we are talking about should be able to come in and do a job and we will need to keep them up to speed if we need them in the league. 

Sneddon, Mccann, yeats, Alfie, McKenna and Shanley all to start I think.

5 minutes ago, GMBairn said:

I'd expect a lot of changes for stenny, it's not an important cup really and most of the players we are talking about should be able to come in and do a job and we will need to keep them up to speed if we need them in the league. 

On the other hand it’s a tournament we can definitely win and if I recollect correctly there's £100k for doing so. The players deserve a trophy for what they’ve done for the club.

I wouldn’t put everything on the line to win it but I wouldn’t completely discount its importance either………

35 minutes ago, GMBairn said:

No! Put the best team out and get it won, then ring the changes. Stenny will be up for a cup tie and so should we.

Interesting to see how the bookies see things. Early days but the odds appear to be split into the top 5 and bottom 5 gap that I predicted at the start of the season. 

Really worrying odds if you are a Pars fan……

IMG_0922.png

Edited by roman_bairn

OUT TOMORROW!

🆕🎙️EP:95 LIFE, THE UNIVERSE & EVERYTHING

🔵 Review the 3-2 win over Greenock Morton with Ray Wilson Furby! ⚽
⚪️ Falkirk Daft LIVE tickets on sale soon! 🎟️
🔵 @FalkirkWomen_ Hit Airdrie for SEVEN! 7️⃣
⚪️ Preview the Stenhousemuir (A) cup tie with @terracepodcast own @CraigGTelfer ⚔️
🔵 PLUS All of the latest FFC news! 🗞️

Episode Sponsor: Falkirk District Tartan Army 🤝🏼

Headline Sponsors Falkirk FFIT T8’s & Behind The Wall 👏🏻

A894B2C0-ABFC-4525-BEDC-6BD67F86CDD4.thumb.jpeg.4cfea5fe8c1efbcd16c13850d658e956.jpeg

If these are the odds last game of Q2 fixtures, l,ll be a very happy guy. MCGlynn to Jambos ? For me no.  Naismith will get the first quarter to get things right. He and his tried and trusted have just signed most likely lucrative deals. 

Amazed at the complacency of some on here, considering the whole sale changes against Edinburgh and what Hearts done to us.

Aim to win the game early doors and make changes.

Only one I’d like to start is McCann as can’t remember the last time he had any minutes and it’s not a massive downgrade on Mackie.

Genuinely tough to decide who start out wide out of Alfie, Ross and Miller for this game assuming Morrison is out still. Good problem to have.

I know this cup isn’t the priority but it’s not sandwiched midweek between league games, plenty of rest Saturday to Saturday. I’d maybe feel different if it was on a Tuesday with difficult league games either side.

Edited by Anthony Fitzgerald

1 hour ago, Big chungus said:

That sort of attitude from Naismith allowed us to beat hearts tbf.

Pish, we just pumped Stenhousemuir a few weeks ago and the difference in quality between us and them as opposed to us and a very mediocre Hearts is much greater.

If we perform we win.

Edited by Reggie Perrin

9 hours ago, Big chungus said:

Big shoutout to Ethan Ross yesterday. Thought he was brilliant all game and especially in the second half. Cause them all sort of bother and was very direct. Not scared to take a man on and beat him. A brilliant assist as well for Tait’s goal. Must have ran about 40 yards with the ball.

First half he was pretty poor. McGlynn obviously gave him a roasting at half time and he did much better second half. 

Tait and Hendo were best we all thought. 

Aiden seemed to be rushed back for the fifers game and lasted about 5 mins, I think we’d be better giving McKenna a start. I wouldn’t make more than a couple of changes, if we are winning the game then make plenty of subs

7 hours ago, Big chungus said:

I would rest Miller next week and play Ross and Alfie. Need to be careful of stenny tho. Sitting second in league 1? Just put 5 past Annan last week (Alston scoring a hat-trick for anyone who cares). But yes, on the whole a team of Ross, Alfie, McKenna, Mcann and Yeats - surrounded with the usual starting 11 - should still be enough to see past Stenny. I understand some people on this forum would rather go with our strongest team then make changes, which is totally fair, however, I would rather see more minutes from the boys who haven’t played much this season. Keep them fresh and all that. No reserve team, so important we take the chance to get match fitness into some boys when we can. 

Yes, time to rotate a bit. Need Miller, Spencer and Tait to stay fresh. 

3 hours ago, Anthony Fitzgerald said:

Amazed at the complacency of some on here, considering the whole sale changes against Edinburgh and what Hearts done to us.

Aim to win the game early doors and make changes.

Only one I’d like to start is McCann as can’t remember the last time he had any minutes and it’s not a massive downgrade on Mackie.

Genuinely tough to decide who start out wide out of Alfie, Ross and Miller for this game assuming Morrison is out still. Good problem to have.

I know this cup isn’t the priority but it’s not sandwiched midweek between league games, plenty of rest Saturday to Saturday. I’d maybe feel different if it was on a Tuesday with difficult league games either side.

Mcann is a nice footballer...a player I rate highly...he won't get in before Sean Mackie from now on & that's ok....Mackie is also a nice player but he has a physical side to him and that's what John likes