The Falkirk FC Thread

I agree that the East side is low down the list of priorities but in a what if scenario it might be interesting to take ideas from "Stadium 974". The shipping container stadium 👀

It would be unique, in-keeping with the areas usage and with Forth Ports etc located not far it could be an interesting advertising opportunity/tie-in.

No idea of the costs over a traditional type construction.

Edited by Blame Me

3 hours ago, Kevin James Left Knee said:

It annoys him.  One of my secret joys in life. That and early onset senility.

I’d be more worried about the typo is his profile where they said he’s 53, think they got a digit wrong 🤣

Wasn't there something on here a while back about us exploring the possibility of getting a grant that would help build something on the east side and also double up as stand on the other side for the community pitch?

Edited by FFC 1876

1 hour ago, ShaggerG said:

And completely unnecessary. Unless we combine a stand with a money making facility it will never, and should never, happen.

Nobody has come up with a business plan for such a money making facility. In the absence of one since the club relocated to TFS if the stadium is to be completed the cheapest option with the lowest on costs should be considered.

2 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

Wasn't there something on here a while back about us exploring the possibility of getting a grant that would help build something on the east side and also double up as stand on the other side for the community pitch?

If you are referring to the 800k grant the foundation were given then yes there was some chat at the time on here I’m sure. However the club I’m told no longer have any control or influence over how the foundation are ran and I think the people on the committee of the foundation have chosen to use the money to put a block of changing rooms with office and gym over on the far side as opposed to some sort of structure on the east side of the stadium in conjunction with the club as was originally envisaged when the community pitch was first laid, which I agree is a crying shame and missed opportunity however it’s pretty much out of the clubs hands now due to how the constitution of the foundation was set up by the previous regime. In hindsight as with a lot that happened at the club mistakes were made and things were not picked up on (this being one of them) and it’s been one thing at a time in order of priority trying to rectify some of these historical errors/oversights but I’m sure bringing the foundation back under the clubs wing being the official charity arm of the club again but with some form of oversight from within the football club itself will definitely now be on the to do list, which will in the long run be better for all parties. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

31 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Nobody has come up with a business plan for such a money making facility. In the absence of one since the club relocated to TFS if the stadium is to be completed the cheapest option with the lowest on costs should be considered.

I don't agree. I think we need investment and a business plan before any construction should be considered. If we can't get that then we should put the whole idea on the back burner.

37 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

That’s nonsense, proper catering facilities, corporate areas fully owned by the club and possible modern gym facilities for public use need to be incorporated into any east stand, these facilities generate money. Without  somthing along these lines being included spending money on an east stand becomes totally pointless. I agree a basic terrace type structure with some seats and corporate boxes above them similar to Ayr’s does make more sense that an expensive fully seated replica of the current main stand however. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

1 hour ago, Blame Me said:

I agree that the East side is low down the list of priorities but in a what if scenario it might be interesting to take ideas from "Stadium 974". The shipping container stadium 👀

It would be unique, in-keeping with the areas usage and with Forth Ports etc located not far it could be an interesting advertising opportunity/tie-in.

No idea of the costs over a traditional type construction.

I was unaware of this stadium, unreal.

It got me wondering if we could do something much smaller "on the cheap" using stacked, fitted out shipping containers but they don't come cheap! These 40ft containers  cost £27,000 each so stacked 3 high = £81,000 x 8 = £650,000. And obviously no corporate facilities and offices underneath so not really a goer.

A bit better than a gazebo though!

stadium5-800x600.jpg

Stadium-4.jpg

9 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

I was unaware of this stadium, unreal.

It got me wondering if we could do something much smaller "on the cheap" using stacked, fitted out shipping containers but they don't come cheap! These 40ft containers  cost £27,000 each so stacked 3 high = £81,000 x 8 = £650,000. And obviously no corporate facilities and offices underneath so not really a goer.

A bit better than a gazebo though!

stadium5-800x600.jpg

Stadium-4.jpg

When I was at Ochilview earlier in the season for the womens game I noticed Stenny had one of these on the right hand side of the main stand. Looked like it was being used for a disabled area. 

Just now, Bairn in Exile said:

I'm sure a couple of Bairns with angle grinders and welding gear would do it for less than that.

15 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

That’s nonsense, proper catering facilities, corporate areas fully owned by the club and possible modern gym facilities for public use need to be incorporated into any east stand, these facilities generate money. Without  somthing along these lines being included spending money on an east stand becomes totally pointless. I agree a basic terrace type structure with some seats and corporate boxes above them similar to Ayr’s does make more sense that an expensive fully seated replica of the current main stand however. 

Your commendable proposal or something along these lines seems to be the most viable way ahead if there is going to be something tagged onto the stand. So no reason not to get it costed so we know the outlay so its banked should the finance be available. The other options are a non-starter.

Hotel? No demand the town has just knocked one down

Pub? Got one

Hospitality? Got one

Offices? There is extra capacity in the area as it is

Shops? Location rules that out

Anyway the club are in a good place so lets enjoy the moment.

While its of course not necessary, it would be f**king class if you lot built terracing with a roof along that empty side of the park. Split it 50/50 for games with big away crowds

Edited by AUcal