The Falkirk FC Thread

Really worried if the rumours about Pressley essentially buying his job for another season are correct.

Although, as is standard with any online murmurings about FFC, I'll be taking it with a massive pinch of salt until I know for a fact that it's true.

Saw Pressley in Portugal last week.Maybe away to sign another few Pedro Moutinhos

Saw Pressley in Portugal last week.Maybe away to sign another few Pedro Moutinhos

Albufeira ?

Im heading there next week and all the footballers tend to be way northern of Albufeira.....

If true about Flynn then good luck to him, he's been a cracking player for us and needs a move to further his career. 50k would be a disgracefully low fee for him.

Our team is going to be fucking rubbish next year, like seriously shite.

If true about Flynn then good luck to him, he's been a cracking player for us and needs a move to further his career. 50k would be a disgracefully low fee for him.

Our team is going to be fucking rubbish next year, like seriously shite.

It's not just about the fee though, it's about the saved wages as well, he's another on too big a contract for the first division.

As said by Marshmallo, good luck if true.

The players who come in will have to emulate those of 90/91 season. A season of players playing beyond themselves. Average players who suddenly realised they could play at a better level.

That being said, it will take some magic hat to pull these guys from.

It's not just about the fee though, it's about the saved wages as well, he's another on too big a contract for the first division.

That's true but given his age, ability and the number of teams who were linked with him we should be getting more than 50k.

That's true but given his age, ability and the number of teams who were linked with him we should be getting more than 50k.

Few clubs get anything like the valuations that the fans put on individual players, but we have a particularly long and sorry track record. If it's 50k plus one or two season long loan deals, then it's a major disappointment, but not a major surprise.

We had the infamous stadium meeting followed by the "one time only" begging buckets advertising to the country just how easy we'd be to deal with. Make no mistake, anyone who is prepared to offer us any kind of fee for any of our players will get their man.

If Flynn now gets to play under a manager who can get the best from him, then Hearts may well have gotten themselves a very real bargain, and Falkirk will once again have gotten themselves peanuts for their best prospect. Same old story I guess.

Good on the lad earning his move to a bigger club. As it stands, we can't really offer him anything. We have no team, no vision and a waning support. A footballers career is short so he needs to maximise his income while he has the ability to do that.

Lets hope the BOD have the sense to insist on some add-ins and maybe some players from the Hearts academy on loan

Havent you also signed Tahouil from Killie....

Darren Barr on loan, I expect and A.NOTHER....if true....

Jeffries didnt sign Barr and obviously doesnt fancy him, tho I did say when he left he would struggle to get a game and I am sure Hearts have signed or signing Aberdeen Celic Jaikey Zander Diamond which will put Barr further down the pecking order, mind you I am sure he played laterly after our game in Sept most of his games at right back added to I think Hearts playing players out of position at centre half with Barr on the bench I think tells its own story, Barr would be a welcome addition in the first division as we dont have anyone to play alongside Scobbie currently.... :unsure:

£50 or 57k will be a disappointing figure but come next Jan = £20k + or May = zero.....I would say tho that all of our players currently are for sale £50k......

We haven't signed Taouill (sp?) yet, but I believe we're interested, although with the signing of Flynn, that could well put the scuppers on that deal, I've never been struck on him anyway to be honest.

Barr has been woeful for Hearts in his few appearances he's had, although given time to actually settle into a role then I think there would be a player in there somewhere, you don't just lose all form as quickly as that, it might be a great move for him to come back on loan and build his confidence back up again, I'm pretty sure you would only have to pay a small part of his wages.

As for Diamond, the deal is on hold for the time being (thank f**k!!) due to him apparently failing a medical, however the player himself has came out and stated that he hasn't failed a medical (this is great news because any player speaking out will face the wrath of Vlad, and he has even less chance of signing now :D). I may be guessing here, but the management team have probably read the fans reaction to signing a talentless gimp like that and noted that it wouldn't exactly be a signing to sell season tickets, we can but hope!

As for players on loan, I'd like to see someone like Novikovas and Barr come on loan to you guys as part of the Flynn deal, Novi needs game time and was on loan at St Johnstone for the latter part of last season, although not sure how he really did, he would definitely do a job for you though, but isn't ready/good enough to oust players like Suso, Temps, and Skacel from the side yet.

50K is about right I'd have said. Far too inconsistent for me in the SPL - a couple of good games followed by 3 or 4 where he was posted missing - that said I didn't see most of the last half of last season. Might do a decent job in a better side - definitely has raw ability.

There were some laughable valuations being banded about for Flynn this season. The fact people think we turned down a bid of 300K plus this season for Flynn makes me laugh. You have to be joking!

This thread is totally grim.

I'm quite looking forward to next season in a sadistic way. It'll be intriguing to see just how bad we are.

Well, Pressley's credibilty as a manager, and our BoDs credibility as a collective group that knows what it's doing are now co-joined and hanging from one helluva slender thread. Certainly the first nine league matches of the coming season will prove to be interesting times.

Well, Pressley's credibilty as a manager, and our BoDs credibility as a collective group that knows what it's doing are now co-joined and hanging from one helluva slender thread.

Is this in the same way that Kate and Gerry McCann's parenting skills are on a bit of a shoogly nail?

Is this in the same way that Kate and Gerry McCann's parenting skills are on a bit of a shoogly nail?

Sharp intake of breath................