The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Andy Dufresne said:

Is it too late to shout get the subs on Jefferie's?

Good grief. 🙄

1 hour ago, LatapyBairn. said:

2 goals in 2 games for McIvor, let’s hope that continues. 

Who?

Not the most thrilling of games, neither side created a massive amount but over the piece I think we were worth the win.

Agyeman looks like a frustrating player, definitely a player in there but I've noticed in the friendlies and tonight that moves tend to fizzle out with him or he just shoots from way out.

We look pretty similar to last year's set up, passing around our half waiting for an opening before launching the ball for a quick attacker. If the opposition sit in then I'm not sure we've got the creativity to break them down.

Dundee United with a lot more quality than us went there and lost. Look at our squad tonight, absolutely zero depth or options from the bench. Was never about performance tonight IMO it was more about the win. We do look physically stronger which is obviously good. A good 5/6 players to come back in as well and fingers crossed we get a couple of loans. 

Tbf to McGylnn we had a lot of players missing tonight. Still, if he didnt already know from friendlies he's hopefully finally learned the following 

1. Hogarth clearly our best keeper.

2. McCann > Mackie. He even wins more headers 

3. We desperately need a natural right back 

4. Drop a holding midfielder (McGinn) and play with another forward 

5. Play Morrison on the right and Aggeyman on the left 

6. Yet another terrible, terrible goal conceded from a set piece which needs sorted. Though actually looked like a bad error from the keeper tbf 

7. Lawal (or literally anyone) is more effective than Oliver in the 10 role 

Sorry, that’s a couple of people mentioning getting some loans in. With what money? I know we won’t be paying full wages in some scenarios but doubt teams will let their players away for free.

Another uninspiring performance but grateful for the win. Couldn’t see what the gameplan was especially in the second half with how we’d plan to score.

Next two games will be interesting.

4 hours ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I take it Hogarth, Oliver, McKay, Allan, Henderson, Nesbitt, Miller, Carroll must all have knocks. Some of them the majority wouldn’t want in the squad but you would think if they were fit they would be included even if only on the bench.

As @gav-ffc and @Andy Dufresne have said, Oliver was suspended and I think Allan will also be suspended after his red card v Airdrie in the playoffs. 

Henderson missed training at the open day and Nesbitt missed a large part of that as well for an unknown reason.

14 minutes ago, Kircer bairn said:

See we’ve added Christophe Berra to our coaching team

10 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Got to imagine it’s on an unpaid basis 

If it isn't questions need to be asked unless he's doubling up as a right back 

53 minutes ago, falkirktv said:

They’ve a desktop for home games with enough horsepower for 4K, certainly for high end 1080p. However  I think they’ve some Bobby basics to sort. Shame really 

Today was a good starting point in terms of pure picture quality and the highlights v Arbroath looked good as well, but we saw the predicted framerate issues immediately. That cannot be the standard and I would always pick a lower quality and smoothness over the product today. Football (and most ball sports) isjust really rough when the ball and every player jitter constantly.

We'll see how they come along with that, since the rest like commentary and picture was quite positive. 

Edited by Gollum

Wasn't a good watch tonight but there were a fair few players missing and we did eventually come away with the 3 points.

29 minutes ago, Trump said:

Sorry, that’s a couple of people mentioning getting some loans in. With what money? I know we won’t be paying full wages in some scenarios but doubt teams will let their players away for free.

Another uninspiring performance but grateful for the win. Couldn’t see what the gameplan was especially in the second half with how we’d plan to score.

Next two games will be interesting.

Still reckon we'll see a few in from Rangers again especially with them pulling their B team out of the lowland league. Someone already mentioned Jack Harkness who's a right back and there's a few other decent options there that I doubt we'd be paying much on.

It’s funny how games are seen by fans. This time last year we’d have all been happy enough with the showing and character, taken the 3 points that sets us up very well in the group. 

Now we’re all pretty bemused with the same sort of performance that was nowhere near good enough last season when the important matches came around. 

I don’t know which one will prove to be correct. Let’s hope it’s Mcglynn 

5 hours ago, Harry Kinnear said:

That’s two decent chances Morrison has missed, second was like a pass back.

I think he hasn't got the confidence on the left being his main issue, can cover but the keyword is cover, very much the problems of last season putting square pegs into round holes to fill the formation McGlynn wants to play. 

I think we may have to give the streaming service a bit of time to sort out issues, especially in a ground like Spartans. I am sure they will be well-equipped to give decent stream services in the home games but the away ones can be a little tricky. I said whoever replaced the guys at Falkirk tv had big shoes to fill and so far its proving my worries correct. 

first impressions tho were poor camera angles and jerky pictures before being kicked out, needs to improve

The squad was very bare tonight and even adding the players out it aint really improving it that much under McGlynn with one up top, you really can't say that with one of the players missing playing we would've seen us win comfortably.

The McGlynn interview wasn't great viewing either, he is under pressure and he knows it, the positive is he aint Rennie or Sheerin 😟

Edited by MrDust

1 hour ago, MrDust said:

The McGlynn interview wasn't great viewing either, he is under pressure and he knows it, the positive is he aint Rennie or Sheerin 😟

Very much a “dead man walking” interview. 
This nervous, lacking in confidence manner from McGlynn will soon permeate through the entire team - which will be reflected by results on the field. 
The man knows he couldn’t handle Q4 last season, and his lack of genuine management skill has been laid bare for all to see. 

He will not see out August in the post - he’s not doing himself any favours by persisting.

No doubt that we were missing a few players but apart from a good opening twentyish minutes, looked poor and for so early in season a team without confidence. Defensively we still look vulnerable, midfield- McGinn (as said last season) is done and with Spencer we’re lacking pace. Mackiver with two in two games at least getting into a good habit which every CF needs.
As said McGlynn has my support at present but genuine fears as we actually look weaker than last season. Morrison who started brightly again vanished after the equaliser, as did a few more. Next two games will be difficult and interesting to see how these pan out. 
McGlynns interviews have noticeably went from positive/confident to a rambling and just waiting on the excuses that the budgets been cut. The bit about Berra joining up (not being paid) as we’ve no cash, could have been conveyed differently. 

Think there are definitely reasons to be concerned about the team but ultimately it’s the results that count and thankfully we managed to avoid a potential banana skin, albeit by the skin of our teeth. 

Was at Tannadice last night and I think Partick will be the tougher game of the next 2. They looked a decent outfit with lots of promising youngsters and you just can’t discount Brian Graham. 

Also noticed that Paul Mathers is now United’s GK coach which made me wonder, did we get a coach to replace Bobby Geddes? Can’t mind reading anything about it. 

Edited by Van_damage

3 minutes ago, Van_damage said:

Also noticed that Paul Mathers is now United’s GK coach which made me wonder, did we get a coach to replace Bobby Geddes? Can’t mind reading anything about it. 

We brought in Alex Connon from Bonnyrigg IIRC.