The Falkirk FC Thread

14 minutes ago, Zbairn said:

To be honest, comparing these managers is a bit like comparing Cumbernauld with East Kilbride. Both crap !

Aye but did the new board not bring in Rennie, and his pals brought in Sheerin hence his stance?

26 minutes ago, Zbairn said:

To be honest, comparing these managers is a bit like comparing Cumbernauld with East Kilbride. Both crap !

Agreed. The point was more to do with shodwell’s selective use of facts or too blatantly make stuff up to suit his argument

19 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

The Griffith's money was given to the club to bring in a player it was the wrong player but that wasn't cash reserves then though was it? I don't think we signed that many players in that window? 3 maybe including griffiths. Certainly pales into insignificance when compared to the long list of utter dross that m and m, sheerin and Holt brought in. I'd reckon the majority of the money was pissed down the drain way before Rennie came in  that season. The current board like the last will be judged on what happens on the park whilst they are in post. You surely can't argue that last season although still disappointing was better than coming fifth and sixth  in league one which the previous board achieved spending ridiculous amounts of money to do so. So far this season again it's been a mile better than anything the previous board produced and recruitment which was horrific under deans bunch has been excellent in the main. Surely you can't be trying to say that the previous bunch did a better job on the park than the current lot for goodness sake.

Was certainly more than 3 players 

1 hour ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Was certainly more than 3 players 

I could only remember griffiths, Jacobs and kabia. Forgot about Taylor Sinclair as he signed before the window.  Someone will need to remind me of the other 3. 

And to add I would suggest none of the short term deals given out under Rennie were as bad or as costly as signing Mackay on a 3 year deal Wilson on a two year deal and a number of other horrendous multi year deals which ended up hamstringing us for long after deans clueless bunch had moved on.

Edited by Shodwall cat

51 minutes ago, RC_Bairn said:

Agreed. The point was more to do with shodwell’s selective use of facts or too blatantly make stuff up to suit his argument

I don't need anything to suit my arguement.   We were second last season. That's still a countryile away from where the previous crowd has is.  This season we may end up second again which won't be good enough but again still a mile better than the old boards efforts.  How the hell can you defend coming midtable in league one whilst spending a pile of cash FFS.

Brilliant.  9 minutes extra time, jeez.  Only thing that still is knawing at me though is this - Albion had two chances and scored 1 = a 50% success rate. We had 16 chances and scored 2 = 12.5% success rate.  Yes that doesn't matter if we keep on making lots of chances, but if teams learn to cope with us and limit our shots, with that kind of conversion rate we would be f@cked.

Anyway, great result in the end, Hamilton blinked first, let's hope we kick on from here.  

Edited by Long Suffering Bairn
mistake

It's absolutely mental that the past few years we've seen various clowns in charge and folk defending how dreadful we've been and yet lo and behold we get an actual manager in, give him a summer to build a squad and here we are.

Just now, Gaz said:

It's absolutely mental that the past few years we've seen various clowns in charge and folk defending how dreadful we've been and yet lo and behold we get an actual manager in, give him a summer to build a squad and here we are.

I agree, took John a wee while to get his feet under the desk but is looking good now.