The Falkirk FC Thread

I wouldn't like to condemn a whole group for the actions of a few idiots. But at the same time, it's also not a good look for the ultras Instagram to be posting pictures of graffiti tags all around the place. Just adds to the theme of what's going on and isn't exactly going to bring people onside. Acting like some sort of gang is just going to entice the group of people who do only attend to cause trouble. Would hate for parents to see that and stop their kids going to the game out of fear of them being part of the ultras. 

Was reflecting on TNS’ general play yesterday.  I dont think they were fantastic going forward, but their positional sense was excellent.  Just so difficult to play though.

more to the point, I thought that was the best I’ve ever seen deal with the press when playing out from the back.  They invited our front three onto the defence then the keeper would very precisely put the ball over the top of them, and onto the left side of our midfield (ie away from Henderson and towards Spencer and McCann) which they won every time.

it depends on patience, accuracy of clearances, and of course is easier when we’re chasing a game.  But it meant the front 3 did a lot of unproductive running and kept the pressure off their defence.

27 minutes ago, Jimmy1876 said:

I wouldn't like to condemn a whole group for the actions of a few idiots. But at the same time, it's also not a good look for the ultras Instagram to be posting pictures of graffiti tags all around the place. Just adds to the theme of what's going on and isn't exactly going to bring people onside. Acting like some sort of gang is just going to entice the group of people who do only attend to cause trouble. Would hate for parents to see that and stop their kids going to the game out of fear of them being part of the ultras. 

Just had a look and agree. Same with blanking out the faces of everyone. Doesn’t send out the right signals about helping to identify trouble makers. 

The club’s got three options

1) Be ‘surgical’ and carefully identify the perpetrators, where possible, and ban.

2) Be less surgical and enact ‘strike 1 of 3’ and warn the ultras group as a whole.

3) Do nothing 

40 minutes ago, Disco Duck said:

Was reflecting on TNS’ general play yesterday.  I dont think they were fantastic going forward, but their positional sense was excellent.  Just so difficult to play though.

more to the point, I thought that was the best I’ve ever seen deal with the press when playing out from the back.  They invited our front three onto the defence then the keeper would very precisely put the ball over the top of them, and onto the left side of our midfield (ie away from Henderson and towards Spencer and McCann) which they won every time.

it depends on patience, accuracy of clearances, and of course is easier when we’re chasing a game.  But it meant the front 3 did a lot of unproductive running and kept the pressure off their defence.

They obviously done quite a bit of homework prior to game. They pinpointed our two back’s especially McCann, and it worked for them. However they played comfortably from the back. For all the really good football we’ve played, McGlynn never seems to change it, or like many have stated no plan b. 

21 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

They have a sugar daddy investing a lot of money every season. They have a large full time squad you could never afford to run off 300 size crowds. Why do you think McManus is there ? Because he's getting paid far more than he'd get in the championship here. 

Half of Falkirk's large full time squad are there because they're getting paid far more than they'd get in the Championship.

Completely agree with the folks saying this isn't a result of a singing section. Or a few banners and some organisation from a few young fellas.

We've had violent wee fuds in our support since I started going in the 1970s. 

But that is unfortunately a convenient vehicle for them to latch onto. Its not the stadium that worries me but going to and from the game. They will very quickly find other groups of wee neds happy to accommodate their nonsense and other fans will get caught up in it. 

There were young kids in tears after the game yesterday absolutely terrified. That's what boils my piss. Totally selfish.

I'm sure the club will come out with something well meaning in terms of a statement and may try and work with the cops to identify a few. 

Weeding out the very small minority of thugs is the only answer. That might take a while.

35 minutes ago, GunnerBairn said:

The club’s got three options

1) Be ‘surgical’ and carefully identify the perpetrators, where possible, and ban.

2) Be less surgical and enact ‘strike 1 of 3’ and warn the ultras group as a whole.

3) Do nothing 

Would like to think they’d know those, who requested the Ultras section in the West of the McAllister Stand, & tell them to self police it. Incidents like that will only hurt the club &, whilst initially welcomed, can quickly be rebuffed.

The casual element we’re pretty much shunned by the support over the last 40 years, forcing any violence to be well away from where matches were taking place & unconnected.

A few videos now surfacing across social sites. Didn’t realise that we had/needed that amount of police at the end outside the stadium. Club needs to put out a statement very quickly even it’s a brief few words of reassurance for many young fans, many posting that some attending their first games. Get this sorted quickly and last thing we need is our future supporters terrified of attending TFS. 

1 hour ago, Dunning1874 said:

Half of Falkirk's large full time squad are there because they're getting paid far more than they'd get in the Championship.

That's because we have bigger crowds than the majority of sides in the championship .  We couldn't afford McManus wages  though or especially the 60k it cost to buy him despite averaging crowds of 300. And I wouldn't say 20 players is a big squad by any means.

Edited by Shodwall cat

30 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

That's because we have bigger crowds than the majority of sides in the championship .  We couldn't afford McManus wages  though or especially the 60k it cost to buy him despite averaging crowds of 300. And I wouldn't say 20 players is a big squad by any means.

Budgets do come in to it but I really don’t see anything in their squad that suggested they have a much higher one than us. But if we have a top end Championship budget and TNS do too then surely our budgets are negligible? 

Edited by Dave Mc

49 minutes ago, Dave Mc said:

Budgets do come in to it but I really don’t see anything in their squad that suggested they have a much higher one than us. But if we have a top end Championship budget and TNS do too then surely our budgets are negligible? 

They have a first team squad of around 35 players.

Out tomorrow…

🆕🎙️EP:70 TNS (The Nothing Show)

🔵 Review the cup exit with Bairns fans & club sponsors Falkirk FFIT T8’s (AKA Iain, Alisdair & Mark) 🧢
⚪️ Falkirk Pub Trail? Completed it mate 🍻✅
🔵 Falkirk Football Community Foundation Community Hub stadium plans 🏟️
⚪️ PLUS all the latest club news discussed 🗞️

📺 🎧📱falkirkdaft.co.ukIMG_7503.thumb.jpeg.27b7e77a4d57742eaaf2522aeb7800d1.jpeg

10 hours ago, Springfield said:

A few videos now surfacing across social sites. Didn’t realise that we had/needed that amount of police at the end outside the stadium. Club needs to put out a statement very quickly even it’s a brief few words of reassurance for many young fans, many posting that some attending their first games. Get this sorted quickly and last thing we need is our future supporters terrified of attending TFS. 

I hope they take their time and don’t jump in and hang everyone out to dry like Boards have in the past eg The Dennon Lewis incident. 
They of course will take action, they can’t not, but I hope they are proportionate and base on evidence and not be took quick to rush to judgement. 

10 hours ago, Dave Mc said:

Where have you seen that? 

It's easy enough to find that info out by cross referencing just like ours you just have to make sure you remove players on loan to other clubs etc. Look at who plays and whose on the bench etc. They also have a full reserve side that plays in the reserve league which we can't afford to have.

15 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

It's easy enough to find that info out by cross referencing just like ours you just have to make sure you remove players on loan to other clubs etc. Look at who plays and whose on the bench etc. They also have a full reserve side that plays in the reserve league which we can't afford to have.

Going on them spending 60k on Declan McManus from Dunfermline and the guy doubling his wages to go down there to me would suggest they have a pretty healthy playing budget. That won’t be a one off and it’s probably a decent indication as to what they are spending on the rest of that squad. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

56 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Going on them spending 60k on Declan McManus from Dunfermline and the guy doubling his wages to go down there to me would suggest they have a pretty healthy playing budget. That won’t be a one off and it’s probably a decent indication as to what they are spending on the rest of that squad. 

They also have the guy Jordan Marshall who played for Dundee in the Premiership, he won't be cheap either

1 hour ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Given his family was homesick in Dingwall hence his move to us and then Dunfermline I would suggest moving to his family Chester is not just so he can play part time teams in Wales…