Worst Town In Scotland

I'm Brian

16 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

Drumnadrochit? It's a tip. The dilapidated building the chippy and CoOp are in at one end and the bizarre Bond Villain hideout hotel at the other.

There is (or was) one of those signs saying something like "Welcome to Drunadrochit, the prettiest village in the Highlands". If I remember correctly it's just before the two feuding Nessie tourist traps museums. 

5 minutes ago, Boostin' Kev said:

Fair enough, but it's far from being the worst town in the country. 

Know someone that has just moved there (had been told they moved to Edinburgh but turns out it was Prestonpans) and they said it’s okay. Is it really that bad?

Edited by Honest_Man#1

4 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Know someone that has just moved there (had been told they moved to Edinburgh but turns out it was Prestonpans) and they said it’s okay. Is it really that bad?

It's boring but a decent enough commuter town. 

Invergordon.
An absolute cunthole filled with council estates and feral children running about.  Absolutely zero to do for any age group.
The port is a right old laugh too, a few months ago, the 5th (now 6th) biggest bruise ship in the world, the MSC Meraviglia came into town, there was about 40 coaches from Inverness there parked along the front waiting to pick the passengers up and get them to fuck for the day so they don't actually have to see the place.  
It's also full of absolute breeds.  Probably to do with my previous council estate remark.

Still full of oil rigs?

Blackridge, West Lothian always struck me as the sort of foresaken place you'd expect Clint Eastwood to ride into and slaughter the whole population for wrongly lynching someone HIgh Plains Drifter style. 

5c35375487478_highplainsdrifter.jpg.d5b36dbdc909a182efa2f0843fbefefa.jpg

another job completed by the West Lothian Council Road Signs Department. 

14 hours ago, jessmagic said:

A provincial town called Glasgow. 

Having lived in both Glasgow and Aberdeen and  not a native to either or indeed Scotland Aberdeen is by far a worse place to live for all the money that has passed through it. Grim and grey as f*ck.

City wise up until about 5/10 years ago Dundee could have comfortably been seen as the worst out of all the cities in Scotland but that is nowhere near the case now, would rather live in Dundee than Aberdeen by some distance now.

36 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Having lived in both Glasgow and Aberdeen and  not a native to either or indeed Scotland Aberdeen is by far a worse place to live for all the money that has passed through it. Grim and grey as f*ck.

City wise up until about 5/10 years ago Dundee could have comfortably been seen as the worst out of all the cities in Scotland but that is nowhere near the case now, would rather live in Dundee than Aberdeen by some distance now.

Precisely my feelings on Aberdeen too. I live next to Castlegate and it's a microcosm of what's bad about the city; a city centre square that should be a Piazza with cafes, nice pubs and a bit of life/culture about it. Instead it's a grim-as-f**k collection of dive pubs, a charity shop and an RS McColls. (Not including Blackfriars which is really nice). The amount of money flowing through this city vs the amount apparently spent on it is scandalous.

Reading through some of the nominations on here has made me feel a bit better about my hometown of East Kilbride, which I've been getting gradually more frustrated with. No soul about it at all, just a shopping mall surrounded by houses. Lots and lots of houses. However we have  parks and trees, and the village, so aye, not that bad at all.

1 hour ago, velo army said:

Precisely my feelings on Aberdeen too. I live next to Castlegate and it's a microcosm of what's bad about the city; a city centre square that should be a Piazza with cafes, nice pubs and a bit of life/culture about it. Instead it's a grim-as-f**k collection of dive pubs, a charity shop and an RS McColls. (Not including Blackfriars which is really nice). The amount of money flowing through this city vs the amount apparently spent on it is scandalous.

Reading through some of the nominations on here has made me feel a bit better about my hometown of East Kilbride, which I've been getting gradually more frustrated with. No soul about it at all, just a shopping mall surrounded by houses. Lots and lots of houses. However we have  parks and trees, and the village, so aye, not that bad at all.

Agree with that square being an absolute shame that it's not utilised more. And that black friars is a decent pub, decent enough food too iirc.