"The ICT Thread - From the Premiership to the Seaside"

6 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Inverness fans, you now get to enjoy the screeching shouts of "CHEATS!" in certain match threads, every single time, even years after things were settled and no one cares. You'll also get the extra bonus of snide insinuations that as a fan of CHEATS you fully endorsed it all and were even somehow responsible to an extent and definitely cheered it on. It will even be, from the more hysterical ones, made out that you're a bad person of questionable character for so wildly cheering on all the CHEATING.

It's definitely never comically transparent and bitter mewling when your team wins and an opposition fan brings it up to try and make out that your win is hollow and meaningless.

Yip Scottish footballs list of shame gets ever longer.

24 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Which we cover every season by increased commercial activity cash in bank  and bigger crowds. We don't just throw money at things with no hope of paying it back. There is always a plan in place. Completely different from icts situation.

ICT had a plan in place too. You can argue whether it was realistic or not but they clearly tried to raise cash through various commercial activity. Let's not pretend that The Falkirk Way doesn't also involve taking huge risks. 

5 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

ICT had a plan in place too. You can argue whether it was realistic or not but they clearly tried to raise cash through various commercial activity. Let's not pretend that The Falkirk Way doesn't also involve taking huge risks. 

I would hardly say huge risks. The club and fans are always there to support it in times of need. We aren't flinging money at things to try and get somewhere . We are realistic at least. If the plan doesn't work then cuts would have to be made to the budget. We wouldn't simply fling more money we don't have at it. We had a big loss a few years ago but it was covered by cash in bank and was never going to be repeated. We manage our finances well now not taking on huge losses year on year. We want to get to the premiership asap but not at the detriment of the club.

Edited by Shodwall cat

1 minute ago, Shodwall cat said:

I would hardly say huge risks. The club and fans are always there to support it in times of need. We aren't flinging money at things to try and get somewhere . We are realistic at least. If the plan doesn't work then cuts would have to be made to the budget. We wouldn't simply fling more money we don't have at it. We had a big loss a few years ago but it was covered by cash in bank and was never going to be repeated. We managed our finances well now not taking on huge losses year on year.

image.thumb.jpeg.fb6c0ce099aa95a200e8d54b62aec963.jpeg

We have the battery storage appeal decision due in November which will influence the appetite of the ex-directors to write off loans. I see a submission was made to Scot Gov on that last week.

We've got £3.4mil of debt to ex-directors, and £600k of debt comprised of money owed to Puma, HMRC, other creditors, and which also includes an allowance to cover Gardiner's £100k lawsuit. We're probably only owing local creditors a hundred thousand or so.

13 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

I’m sure I just read Stephen Malkmus telling someone to “calm down” which is either very on the nose self-awareness or the most blatant case of projecting on P&B in several years.

Being utterly rinsed by SandyCromarty in the Annan-The Caley thread seems to have really got to you. 

Whilst Ferguson has clearly done a terrible job as manager and the relegation has affected the club I think he deserves a bit more respect for his own actions in reducing his wages and the other rumoured things he is doing.

I know ICT fans think his original contract was overpaid and all the other points but he is at least trying to help the club financially a bit. Just because you are a bad manager doesn’t make you a bad person.

5 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Id be more concerned about whether I had a club to support in the future than sticking up pictures of cup finals ten year ago 

We will have a club to support, Alan Savage is covering all administration costs and we’ll be out the other side debt free with a League Two side to begin a rebuild. Rival fans who know little about Savage seem to be unable to get past this. 

Just now, Sortmeout said:

Whilst Ferguson has clearly done a terrible job as manager and the relegation has affected the club I think he deserves a bit more respect for his own actions in reducing his wages and the other rumoured things he is doing.

I know ICT fans think his original contract was overpaid and all the other points but he is at least trying to help the club financially a bit. Just because you are a bad manager doesn’t make you a bad person.

If he wasn’t able to plaster it all over the papers I very much doubt he’d be doing it. He is an egomaniac and his football is just as big a reason we’re in League One this season, and will be in League Two next season, as our finances.  

24 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

I would hardly say huge risks. The club and fans are always there to support it in times of need. We aren't flinging money at things to try and get somewhere . We are realistic at least. If the plan doesn't work then cuts would have to be made to the budget. We wouldn't simply fling more money we don't have at it. We had a big loss a few years ago but it was covered by cash in bank and was never going to be repeated. We manage our finances well now not taking on huge losses year on year. We want to get to the premiership asap but not at the detriment of the club.

How quickly 2k a week for Leigh Griffiths in the third tier is forgotten. 😂

Edited by cb_diamond

3 minutes ago, Sir Tarmo said:

We will have a club to support, Alan Savage is covering all administration costs and we’ll be out the other side debt free with a League Two side to begin a rebuild. Rival fans who know little about Savage seem to be unable to get past this. 

I think caley fans seem to see this admin lark as an easy ride whilst it is anything but. Savage has 300k to spend but you will need a lot more than that to get out of admin I'm afraid.

2 minutes ago, Sir Tarmo said:

If he wasn’t able to plaster it all over the papers I very much doubt he’d be doing it. He is an egomaniac and his football is just as big a reason we’re in League One this season, and will be in League Two next season, as our finances.  

He’s literally sacrificing his own income to try and help your club. He doesn’t need to do that. Maybe it is for ego etc but he’s still doing it.

I get that you are bitter due to his managerial record and your club being outed as financial doping cheats over the last few months but very few people would just accept their wages being cut to help their employer.

6 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

I think caley fans seem to see this admin lark as an easy ride whilst it is anything but. Savage has 300k to spend but you will need a lot more than that to get out of admin I'm afraid.

No, he's spent 300k already. He's worth tens of millions.

Edited by Stephen Malkmus

7 minutes ago, Sir Tarmo said:

Oh aye that's right cause eh savage will be in control of admin...unless savage or a *consortium of Highland Businessesmen" come forward with a cash injection & a business plan your club will get 2 announcements in the London Gazette & then liquidated 

Edited by Hugh Hillshaveyes
Spelling