c***s on the road

Was in France for a few days there. Had almost forgotten how bad the general standard of driving is. The attitude seems to be “I am driving on this road, this road is mines” which I guess is an incredibly French way to look at it. What it means for every c**t else is that they have to be absolutely on their game the whole fucking time.

C**ts on roundabouts again.

Approaching the Broxden roundabout from the Dundee/M90 direction, c**t in the right hand lane beside me cuts right across my nose as we enter the roundabout and goes left toward Stirling. In what world do you approach a roundabout in the right lane to turn left?

2 hours ago, pozbaird said:

Yup, four of the driving things that grind my gears (that aren’t out-and-out downright dangerous kuntery type things)…

1. Drivers who seemingly have no indicators on their cars.

2. Drivers who don’t know how to take roundabouts, what lane to be in approaching roundabouts, what lane to be in on roundabouts, with Westfield Road in Cumbernauld being prime time roundabout arsewipe kunt area a particular annoyance to me personally.  Roundabouts with a two-lane approach, but three one-way exits? Lost count the amount of times a kunt has nearly hit me on the one at Craigmarloch Tesco.

3. Motorway middle lane hoggers.

4. Fog light on for absolutely no fcuking reason arseholes.

I’m not perfect, but I do not fit into these four categories.

^^^ takes corners at 35mph and slingshots out to get to 58mph on the straights. 

2 hours ago, pozbaird said:

2. Drivers who don’t know how to take roundabouts, what lane to be in approaching roundabouts, what lane to be in on roundabouts, with Westfield Road in Cumbernauld being prime time roundabout arsewipe kunt area a particular annoyance to me personally.  Roundabouts with a two-lane approach, but three one-way exits? Lost count the amount of times a kunt has nearly hit me on the one at Craigmarloch Tesco.

Tied in with that is when a roundabout is 'improved' by signalisation, and the lanes that you would be in on the roundabout in a free moving one bear no relation to the lanes you need to be in where you get stopped at traffic lights on the roundabout.

1 hour ago, alta-pete said:

^^^ takes corners at 35mph and slingshots out to get to 58mph on the straights. 

A82 by any chance? Inverness to Fort William was always a ball-ache with them. Then the only decent straight to pass safely has a mobile speed camera parked on it

2 hours ago, Zetterlund said:

Approaching the Broxden roundabout from the Dundee/M90 direction, c**t in the right hand lane beside me cuts right across my nose as we enter the roundabout and goes left toward Stirling. In what world do you approach a roundabout in the right lane to turn left?

I've seen a lot of people turn left using the right lane on that approach.  Wrong, but I suppose 75% of the traffic from the 2 lanes is going south towards Stirling.

In general, that junction is dire now, got slowly worse over the last 10-15 years.

2 hours ago, Zetterlund said:

In the world of Cumbernauld for one.

5 hours ago, pozbaird said:

4. Fog light on for absolutely no fcuking reason arseholes.

In my 36 years in the DFW area, I’ve seen conditions that would allow proper use of fog lights less than a dozen times, yet every f**king c**t and their brother has the damn things and drives with them on all the time. In the ‘90’s and into the ‘00’s, fog lights were generally confined to top trim levels and expensive cars, so everyone with them turned them on to show their status, but now…

Extra ball ache is the lifted trucks with headlights never adjusted for being 6 feet+ off the ground, and their fog lights blazing directly into everyone’s rear view mirrors.

Oh, and they all fail to realize many of their vehicles have a rear fog light that makes it look like their brakes are being applied all the time (which happens more than you’d think due to poorly trained neanderthals driving automatics two-footed).

Edited by TxRover

2 hours ago, O_Kahn said:

Wrong, but I suppose 75% of the traffic from the 2 lanes is going south towards Stirling.

That doesn’t match my experience, especially when it’s heavily clogged up mostly traffic is heading north.  That matches us with the both lanes allowing for straight on

It could be worse…we started out with planners assuming people would figure out the “new” roundabouts…nope…cue first series of signs:

IMG_0795.jpeg.ea526985febd1117b311bab774628663.jpeg

That didn’t stop people from turning left IMMEDIATELY and going the wrong way on the roundabout to turn left…cue round two:

IMG_0794.jpeg.6da5e14cec3642f4b9030d43d66c619d.jpeg

Nah, the dot wasn’t helping, and neither did the curved line version…cue round three, adding overhead signage directly over each lane:

IMG_0796.jpeg.1c124e9d221f5f80084cafe502892719.jpeg

Mild improvements in compliance, but still way to many who treat the entrance to a roundabout as a stop line before proceeding. And, yes, the lanes are clearly marked for each carriageway and the required exit point halfway around, and yet…

7 hours ago, Newbornbairn said:

I might have been the c**t today but I think it was the other guy. Entering the roundabout at Stirling Services I checked to see the road was clear, let a Fiat 500 go past then pulled out. Cue blaring horns and a glimpse of something silver passing behind me. Looked left in time to see a silver estate screaming past with the driver glaring at me. 

Thing is, he must have been doing some speed around that roundabout to make up the distance between me checking and pulling out.  

Might have been the same guy I saw joining the roundabout at the Craigs far too fast, then started blaring his horn because he had to slow down for the sensible drivers who wouldn't have seen him coming when they joined the roundabout.

Frigging maniac.

50 minutes ago, TxRover said:

It could be worse…we started out with planners assuming people would figure out the “new” roundabouts…nope…cue first series of signs:

IMG_0795.jpeg.ea526985febd1117b311bab774628663.jpeg

That didn’t stop people from turning left IMMEDIATELY and going the wrong way on the roundabout to turn left…cue round two:

IMG_0794.jpeg.6da5e14cec3642f4b9030d43d66c619d.jpeg

Nah, the dot wasn’t helping, and neither did the curved line version…cue round three, adding overhead signage directly over each lane:

IMG_0796.jpeg.1c124e9d221f5f80084cafe502892719.jpeg

Mild improvements in compliance, but still way to many who treat the entrance to a roundabout as a stop line before proceeding. And, yes, the lanes are clearly marked for each carriageway and the required exit point halfway around, and yet…

Aren't some states still giving out licences for collecting a few cereal box vouchers and driving round a car park?  Understanding roundabouts is so fucking simple you surely shouldn't be able to get/keep one if you can't comply.

Edited by parsforlife

14 hours ago, Ross. said:

Was in France for a few days there. Had almost forgotten how bad the general standard of driving is. The attitude seems to be “I am driving on this road, this road is mines” which I guess is an incredibly French way to look at it. What it means for every c**t else is that they have to be absolutely on their game the whole fucking time.

I have driven in France a lot and you are not wrong. 

In order to survive you need to drive "assertively".

I am going next week in my own car, so assume the UK sticker and plates will attract even more kunty behaviour than normal.......

8 hours ago, parsforlife said:

Aren't some states still giving out licences for collecting a few cereal box vouchers and driving round a car park?  Understanding roundabouts is so fucking simple you surely shouldn't be able to get/keep one if you can't comply.

Alright I'll ask. What's with the dot?

15 hours ago, Ross. said:

See also: roundabouts in Spain.

It's the closest you can feel to being a Formula 1 driver - commit to the move, or die

2 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

See also: roundabouts in Spain.

It's the closest you can feel to being a Formula 1 driver - commit to the move, or die

Worst place I have driven is Corsica.

French, but with a massive Latin machismo culture on the road.

Lots of mountain roads with cliff edges and blind corners - ideal for overtaking if the number of roadside shrines is anything to go by.

Locals drive their stupid wee cars like the F1 drivers you mention above, right up your hoop, pull out with no indication and cut back in forcing you to brake hard. 

Wankers.