The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Aye Dobbie signed a few months back.

I think it is quite likely that he’s the only one signed up. They’ve only got around 16/17 first team players and I think it’s just 1 year contracts that they hand out in the summer.

I’d be interested to see what happens with Dobbie if they go down. He may fancy a year in League 1 to get his stats up but if he leaves then who’s the first Championship team up the road...
If he leaves then I reckon he'll get a club closer to his home. I think he only does so as much travelling because of the connection he has with the club.
Queens rumoured to be going part time so a few of their players will move on.
The BOD released a statement a few weeks back saying we were staying FT next season. Be extremely shitty if they go back on that.

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

From Falkirk? Dunno what Ian McShanes contract situation is but if available I’d take him. Zak Rudden was decent but it’s Rangers you’d be dealing with for him.

Andy Stirling and Michael Doyle would be decent signings from Queens.

However for any youngster released from Premiership clubs they’ve only got to look at Smith, Rose, Shankland to see what the future holds for anyone that comes here and works hard.

Agree with that bar Andy Stirling tbh. Never liked him, also don't think he'd survive a training session as Docherty would snap him again! :P

If Raith don't go up what about Kevin Nisbet?   Seems to tick a lot of the Shankland boxes - clearly got talent, attitude issues on loan, got a last crack at FT football in League 1 and has battered in the goals. 
Would be shocked to see Nisbet back at the club after his last loan spell, if I'm right did McCall not accuse him of kidding on he was injured to get subbed?

8 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:
1 hour ago, Hursty said:
If Raith don't go up what about Kevin Nisbet?   Seems to tick a lot of the Shankland boxes - clearly got talent, attitude issues on loan, got a last crack at FT football in League 1 and has battered in the goals. 

Would be shocked to see Nisbet back at the club after his last loan spell, if I'm right did McCall not accuse him of kidding on he was injured to get subbed?

Yeah, he did and he was. Definitely had an attitude problem but seems to have screwed the nut at Raith. 

To be honest until we know what league we'll be in I will be refraining from suggesting anyone.

5 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Yeah, he did and he was. Definitely had an attitude problem but seems to have screwed the nut at Raith. 

To be honest until we know what league we'll be in I will be refraining from suggesting anyone.

Aye it was the 4-4 Xmas eve draw with Dumbarton that Nisbet went off and McCall wasnt happy - him and Andy O Connell up front that day, £10 million defender Scott McKenna scored for us and Daniel Harvie and Ryan Stevenson scored for Dumbarton. 

To be fair, Shankland fucked McCall over that season by agreeing to sign then doing a 180 degree turn and going to Morton and it annoyed McCall enough to mention it in an interview, didnt stop him from signing the big man 8 months later.

Aye it was the 4-4 Xmas eve draw with Dumbarton that Nisbet went off and McCall wasnt happy - him and Andy O Connell up front that day, £10 million defender Scott McKenna scored for us and Daniel Harvie and Ryan Stevenson scored for Dumbarton. 
To be fair, Shankland fucked McCall over that season by agreeing to sign then doing a 180 degree turn and going to Morton and it annoyed McCall enough to mention it in an interview, didnt stop him from signing the big man 8 months later.

I’m quite glad we didn’t sign Shankland tbf.

He wouldn’t have helped us stay up and if he was as badly out of shape as Morton fans say he was he’d probably have been let go.

Anyway I’m guessing most teams will be posting their released lists this week so we’ll get a look at who’s up for grabs although we’ll have to sit twiddling our thumbs until after the play offs.

23 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I’m quite glad we didn’t sign Shankland tbf.

He wouldn’t have helped us stay up and if he was as badly out of shape as Morton fans say he was he’d probably have been let go.

Anyway I’m guessing most teams will be posting their released lists this week so we’ll get a look at who’s up for grabs although we’ll have to sit twiddling our thumbs until after the play offs.

I'm the same - we'd have got the fat lazy shite attitude Shankland that Morton got.  Which is kind of my point re Nisbet. 

I doubt we will miss out on much due to being in the playoffs.  The realist in McCall will know that a squad on average form with 3 fit defenders probably wont win a 6 game playoff so will have targets in mind for the Championship next season

Dobbie, Nisbet or Henderson would be good signings but doubtful we would get any of them for various reasons.

I think a loan move would be more likely and I would take Rudden, Anderson, Aitchison or Hornby if possible.

Just read Nicky Devlin's tweet about Walsall going down, looks like he's out of contract by all accounts he was one of their best players this season think he won players player of the year, we need a new right back, would love him back at the club but could we afford him? I'd expect he'd have been on decent money down south.

Just read Nicky Devlin's tweet about Walsall going down, looks like he's out of contract by all accounts he was one of their best players this season think he won players player of the year, we need a new right back, would love him back at the club but could we afford him? I'd expect he'd have been on decent money down south.

Nah no chance we could afford him. He’ll either stay at Walsall or sign for another League 1 team.

Has anyone heard anything else about Turner and Thomas?

32 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Nah no chance we could afford him. He’ll either stay at Walsall or sign for another League 1 team.

Has anyone heard anything else about Turner and Thomas?

I've heard that Robbie Neilson has been interested in Kyle Turner, he also went for a trail last year at West Brom.

I saw that Harry Burgoyne has gone back to Wolves from his loan at Falkirk, could be a good signing if we don't get Doohan back.

Charlie telfer would be worth a deal?

Paul Dixon from Falkirk too would have been a shout if we didn’t have Harvie signed up, great crosser In his DUFC days.

I mentioned David Goodwillie in Jan and the general opinion was that the negative press/potential to divide the support wouldn’t be worth it but I think he would be ideal as a replacement for Shankland if his head was right.

43 minutes ago, Tommi_Pavlova said:

I mentioned David Goodwillie in Jan and the general opinion was that the negative press/potential to divide the support wouldn’t be worth it but I think he would be ideal as a replacement for Shankland if his head was right.

giphy (2).gif

1 hour ago, Tommi_Pavlova said:

Charlie telfer would be worth a deal?

Paul Dixon from Falkirk too would have been a shout if we didn’t have Harvie signed up, great crosser In his DUFC days.

As a striker I am sure he would score a barrowload of goals for us. At some point a better club than Clyde will sign him. In no way shape or form should it be us though. 

As a striker I am sure he would score a barrowload of goals for us. At some point a better club than Clyde will sign him. In no way shape or form should it be us though. 

Nah no one will touch him now. He’ll be at Clyde until he retires.

Lachlan does tend to come across well in the media, normally does pretty well thought out pieces.
Read somewhere about Nisbet having a non promotion clause in his contract, so there is a good opportunity to bring him back once Montrose win the playoffs. 

2 minutes ago, bullyweehutch said:

Sorry if this has been discussed to death on here. But what's the situation with Somerset Park if you gain promotion to the Premier league? Is Somerset compliant?

Yes.