The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

2 minutes ago, bullyweehutch said:

Sorry if this has been discussed to death on here. But what's the situation with Somerset Park if you gain promotion to the Premier league? Is Somerset compliant?

We're taking Broadwood down to Ayr piece by piece

Spoiler

Yes for the millionth time it is compliant

On 07/05/2019 at 08:50, Hawk89 said:

Lachlan does tend to come across well in the media, normally does pretty well thought out pieces.
Read somewhere about Nisbet having a non promotion clause in his contract, so there is a good opportunity to bring him back once Montrose win the playoffs. 

My memory might be letting me down but I can't recall anyone other than myself rating the boy the last time.

My memory might be letting me down but I can't recall anyone other than myself rating the boy the last time.

I wasn’t convinced he was any good. His miss up at Raith is my everlasting memory of him.

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

I wasn’t convinced he was any good. His miss up at Raith is my everlasting memory of him.

I never bothered about the misses(might moan at the time through frustration), that comes with confidence, his problem was that while he was taking up very good positions in the box, Devlin & co were just kicking the ball into the box with not the slightest attempt at finding Nisbet or any other player in an Ayr shirt.

Was told at the time it was an attitude problem. He certainly seems to have screwed the nut and kicked on.

The seething post on the SRE from the boy wanting to arrange a square go when he’s back in Ayr on holiday is comedy gold.  Then the Bellrock boy comes steaming in to tell him to get to f**k and almost asking for a square go himself. Great reading.

The seething post on the SRE from the boy wanting to arrange a square go when he’s back in Ayr on holiday is comedy gold.  Then the Bellrock boy comes steaming in to tell him to get to f**k and almost asking for a square go himself. Great reading.
Keep saying I'll come off that page but it's so bad it keeps pulling you back in. Last night was quite the journey on it.

3 hours ago, ayrmad said:

I quite liked him ability wise but then again only saw him in maybe 4 games - one of which was the aforementioned Dumbarton game when he wasnt interested.  Although Raith look in a reasonably strong position to go up so might not be an option anyway.   

Noticed Ryan Williamson released by Dunfermline.  Could tick the boxes for McCall as an option - young, likes to get forward, was well thought of but has lost his way after a couple of bad injuries. 

Edited by Hursty

3 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Dissapointingly its a closed group again and I refuse to join it. It can be compelling viewing.

I quite liked him ability wise but then again only saw him in maybe 4 games - one of which was the aforementioned Dumbarton game when he wasnt interested.  Although Raith look in a reasonably strong position to go up so might not be an option anyway.   
Noticed Ryan Williamson released by Dunfermline.  Could tick the boxes for McCall as an option - young, likes to get forward, was well thought of but has lost his way after a couple of bad injuries. 
Ryan Williamson away down south apparently

8 minutes ago, Jeff Venom said:
9 minutes ago, GrahamJags said:
Take care of Dools please x

This a hing?

Suspect @GrahamJags is putting 2+2 together with the McCal connection. He signed both Chris Erskine and Kris Doolan for Thistle and we tried to get Erskine so it’s not beyond the realms of possibility that we will go for Doolan. I’m a bit meh on it; hasn’t been great this season. 

I’m a bit meh on it; hasn’t been great this season. 

Aye I’m the same. If Moore goes then I’d probably take Doolan as a backup option but I’m far more interested as to who we sign to replace Shankland. Don’t like the idea of a 33 and a 34 year old up top for us next season.