The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

4 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Last night summed up Browns time at the club. First half, he did exactly the same as he did against Queens Park, we did exactly the same things. We had 10 men behind the ball at corners, meaning we were immediately under pressure.
The midfield were spectators and we were flat and couldn’t make anything stick up front. 
The goal was another masterclass from Sanders. Plays O’Conner onside, sells himself at the first challenge and then fails to block the shot. He has developed a round shouldered stoop over the last 6 weeks since joining Ayr like he has the weight of the world on his shoulders.

As soon as we took the lead. It was like the whole club thought, wait a minute, we aren’t shite. We played with loads of confidence as didn’t look like we’d get beat from that moment. Considering the amount of changes we had to make during the game, the fact we never looked in danger was remarkable. 

Raith losing today was a bad thing as I think if they had won, we’d probably have been a shoe-in for 3 points next week as it seems to be the way things are going there. 

Matching or bettering Inverness’s results every week needs to be the priority now,.

it’s looking like anyone from 8th to 4th could finish in the promotion play-off on the last day. 

One of my mates who is a Killie fan raved about Sanders. I am beginning to think he was taking the piss. 😂

2 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

One of my mates who is a Killie fan raved about Sanders. I am beginning to think he was taking the piss. 😂

It may just be a bad move for him, it sometimes happens. But the way he is playing at Ayr. He’ll need to move to the Southern hemisphere to get a game and hope no one googles him. 

24 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

Ayr have an absolutely bizarre effect on signings. A huge number are either far worse or far better than they should be, and then that follows them on to other clubs afterwards. The only exception is managers, who for the last 30+ years have universally fallen off a cliff after leaving Ayr.

The funny thing about Sanders is that Killies normally go to Ayr to rehabilitate themselves upon the eyes of God. Not guarantee that their next club is going to come with a furniture van or a fishing trawler on the side.

Edited by Thumper

1 hour ago, Thumper said:

Ayr have an absolutely bizarre effect on signings. A huge number are either far worse or far better than they should be, and then that follows them on to other clubs afterwards. The only exception is managers, who for the last 30+ years have universally fallen off a cliff after leaving Ayr.

The funny thing about Sanders is that Killies normally go to Ayr to rehabilitate themselves upon the eyes of God. Not guarantee that their next club is going to come with a furniture van or a fishing trawler on the side.

Kilmarnock signed Willy Furphy and John Sludden who were both shite for them, they also signed Rambo McInally at the tail end of his career and he was crap.

We had Gary Agnew, Craig Napier and Andy Millen. We also signed Ross Jack who scored nowt and Danny McKay. 

Innes Cameron was up there with some of the worst loan signings we’ve had. His first touch was like a Jack Russell with a tennis ball. 

Just watched Brown's interview, his answer about Willoughby seemed a little off like he was uncomfortable answering it almost. Hope the guy doesn't have the clap or anything. 

No mention of Dempsey or Chalmers f**k knows what's up with them. 

3 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Just watched Brown's interview, his answer about Willoughby seemed a little off like he was uncomfortable answering it almost. Hope the guy doesn't have the clap or anything. 

No mention of Dempsey or Chalmers f**k knows what's up with them. 

Chalmers has bone bruising which is nasty, Can’t remember what Dempsey has but they are both expected back before the end of the season. There was an update by the VOR at the start of the week. 

28 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

If it were explained in school what the test for this was then no person in history would ever have unprotected sex outside of marriage ever again.

1 hour ago, diegomarahenry said:

Kilmarnock signed Willy Furphy and John Sludden who were both shite for them, they also signed Rambo McInally at the tail end of his career and he was crap.

We had Gary Agnew, Craig Napier and Andy Millen. We also signed Ross Jack who scored nowt and Danny McKay. 

Innes Cameron was up there with some of the worst loan signings we’ve had. His first touch was like a Jack Russell with a tennis ball. 

Danny McKay was a baller when he came on loan with us

34 minutes ago, Thumper said:

If it were explained in school what the test for this was then no person in history would ever have unprotected sex outside of marriage ever again.

Are you overly familiar with said test? 

I was told by 3 killie season ticket holders that Sanders was decent, was unlucky to have more experience in front of him or else he’d be playing every week - but also that he wouldn’t be offered a new contract - read into that what you will 🤪

13 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I'd put money on us finishing clear of 9th place. ICT would have been better sticking with Dodds imo. The " super Big Dunc" affect is well and truly dead on its arse 

Delete this

Probably hinges on this weekend with ICT at home to a doomed Arbroath side who also play on Tuesday night. 

If we come out of Saturday afternoon still six points clear then that will hopefully be that. 

D9FF01FD-F70D-498C-BDC2-A8F71013BE7E.jpeg.3de490131a21475ef0146a434656b1af.jpeg

nearly 20 years ago since my first accidental getting into a photo (yes I’m the small boy next to the barrier) probably my first real memory of being an Ayr United fan even if I don’t fully remember everything

We all wanted L.B. out by the end and a lot of fans think a fair chunk of our players are league one level but in comparison to the rest of the League.... are wee really that far off the mark at present for a championship side? We all expected Dundee to go up and Arbroath being the only part time team to go down, tho Airdrie may have been favourite at the start of the season. Raith have made huge progression and rightly so deserve to be 2nd. The rest of us.... 9 points separating 9th to 4th with 6/7 games to go, It seems we're very much on par with the rest of the championship. And most of us agree the past few seasons have been some of our worst, from a fans perspective. 

If this how we perform with the wrong management (until change) and players... I'm very excited to see what happens this summer, providing we stay up and Brown gets the £ and scope to build... I'm hoping to god that we secure 8th soon and we kick on early.

Edited by F.T.O.F.1910

41 minutes ago, F.T.O.F.1910 said:

We all wanted L.B. out by the end and a lot of fans think a fair chunk of our players are league one level but in comparison to the rest of the League.... are wee really that far off the mark at present for a championship side? We all expected Dundee to go up and Arbroath being the only part time team to go down, tho Airdrie may have been favourite at the start of the season. Raith have made huge progression and rightly so deserve to be 2nd. The rest of us.... 9 points separating 9th to 4th with 6/7 games to go, It seems we're very much on par with the rest of the championship. And most of us agree the past few seasons have been some of our worst, from a fans perspective. 

If this how we perform with the wrong management (until change) and players... I'm very excited to see what happens this summer, providing we stay up and Brown gets the £ and scope to build... I'm hoping to god that we secure 8th soon and we kick on early.

A benefit of this is that it allows us to start planning for next season sooner than other teams. Raith have seen the benefits of this as last year their season was done with a few weeks to go while everyone else in the division still had something to play for, they started planning early on and were able to get players to agree PCAs and get business going sooner than everyone else. Meanwhile we only had a few weeks between the play offs and pre season which left us scrambling about for new players. Sooner we get over the line the better and we can hopefully get a head start on teams around us.

Like you said there really isn't a lot between the majority of sides at this level so this could make the difference this time next year. If we get over the line and back Brown in the summer I could see us being a competitive outfit next season.