The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Just now, rb123! said:
13 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:
If Doc goes in January and Kerr hangs up his boots , we certainly would need an experienced older head in there 

Take it it's more than likely doc is going this month then?

He'll only go if we sign a replacement. It would be nonsensical otherwise we'd be weakening ourselves and strengthening a rival.

4 minutes ago, rb123! said:
17 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:
If Doc goes in January and Kerr hangs up his boots , we certainly would need an experienced older head in there 

Take it it's more than likely doc is going this month then?

It’s a hard decision both for player and club , I hope he stays but would be under huge pressure also would likely not feature in both games against Thistle , I think Kerr has said he would only go if a replacement was signed (as Trodgor says above) crazy if he went with no replacement 

Edited by Robbo63

22 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Chris Aitken should not be in the same bucket as the wage thief.

I was actually a big fan of Aitken, however due to the way he played he was often made the scapegoat when things went wrong and I could see the same thing happening with Tidser should we sign him. 

20 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

I was actually a big fan of Aitken, however due to the way he played he was often made the scapegoat when things went wrong and I could see the same thing happening with Tidser should we sign him. 

Knowing a number of our fans anyone who signs a pre contract with another club and new signings they did not want will get abuse no matter how they play anyway 

35 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

It’s a hard decision both for player and club , I hope he stays but would be under huge pressure also would likely not feature in both games against Thistle , I think Kerr has said he would only go if a replacement was signed (as Trodgor says above) crazy if he went with no replacement 

Why would he not feature against Partick? 

21 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Knowing a number of our fans anyone who signs a pre contract with another club and new signings they did not want will get abuse no matter how they play anyway 

Yes, I noticed a few idiots in the Somerset road end booed Doc when he came on last week.

47 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Yeah, I liked Aitken too. I'm not sure how Tidser plays to be honest is he more of a creative type midfielder I take it? I've only seen him against Morton and never really stood out. All I can recall, is he scored a free kick at the start of last season at Somerset and had a penalty saved at Cappielow when he shouldn't really have taken it tbh as he was injured.

4 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I’m back at work today after the festive period and would very much like a new signing to cheer me up.

Make it happen Kerr!

#Imminent - meaning anytime between today and next Friday!

3 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Yeah, I liked Aitken too. I'm not sure how Tidser plays to be honest is he more of a creative type midfielder I take it? I've only seen him against Morton and never really stood out. All I can recall, is he scored a free kick at the start of last season at Somerset and had a penalty saved at Cappielow when he shouldn't really have taken it tbh as he was injured.

#Imminent - meaning anytime between today and next Friday!

He's a good footballer from a perspective of natural ability and is a very good passer of the ball, however his attitude and workrate have often been questioned and is one of those frustrating sorts who you always feel is capable of so much more if he really applied himself.

We've stopped the rot!
200.gif&key=aaa4fa38dd49c3fe7ccf41bb54ed0118b7744e87a4d9954bb9901b93ebc977ba
Kerr's record now stands at:
Screenshot_20200104-180855_Chrome.thumb.jpg.6dcf183fdff3d8fc507e2019e9512c07.jpg
Definitely healthier, and Dundee's loss today gives us more hope for dens next week.

County is a fun winnable cup tie, and then ICT at home will be tough. After that comes the big game at firhill. Again there's nothing to fear there but nothing is easy for us right now.

Hopefully fresh faces will hit the ground running.

Kerr saying in his interview that he had 1 or 2 signings organised for January but they’ve broken back into their respective teams. Guessing Sibbald is one of them although he’s said that he’s working away on bringing players in.

16 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Kerr saying in his interview that he had 1 or 2 signings organised for January but they’ve broken back into their respective teams. Guessing Sibbald is one of them although he’s said that he’s working away on bringing players in.

Was just looking at Sibbalds season - 2 starts in all competitions according to Flashscores up until 4th of December, 6 starts in a row since then.  Pretty sure that will have been one of them. 

Hopefully he had more than those two signings identified for January and that hasn't thrown everything to pot. Doubt there'll be any imminent next week now, although  it'll be interesting to see if there's any departures.

If it was indeed Sibbald then surely he’d have known a couple of weeks ago he wasn’t an option as he’s been doing well for ages now.

I wouldn’t be actively letting anyone go unless there’s a ready made replacement to take his place.

If it was indeed Sibbald then surely he’d have known a couple of weeks ago he wasn’t an option as he’s been doing well for ages now.

I wouldn’t be actively letting anyone go unless there’s a ready made replacement to take his place.
Robbie Neilson said he hoped to have a player signed by next weekend, hope it isn't Forrest.

Robbie Neilson said he hoped to have a player signed by next weekend, hope it isn't Forrest.

Nah I can’t see him leaving this month.

They’ve got an American guy on trial so it’ll probably be him.

9 hours ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Hopefully he had more than those two signings identified for January and that hasn't thrown everything to pot. Doubt there'll be any imminent next week now, although  it'll be interesting to see if there's any departures.

Those sound like the type of signings McCall always seemed keen to pursue. Even if they hadn’t starting playing again no doubt others teams would also have been keen. If it’s this type of player we are after then I’d expect most of the business to be done closer to the window shutting