The official Boris pm cluster-fuck thread

pandarilla

6 minutes ago, lichtgilphead said:

Of course (as you also said) you can put AVC's into your pension pot by means of a salary sacrifice. In this situation, you legally avoid a greater sum in taxation than an English or Welsh taxpayer on an equivalent salary. 

Save more under the Scottish system!

That's fine if you want to lock your money away into your pension until you are 55 or 57 (as of 2028). 

5 hours ago, lichtgilphead said:

I've already given my age away on this thread, so 55 was a good few years ago 

lol..... never give your age away .... pension firms follow this forum you know!

p.s. I used to 'go out' with a lassie fae Lochgilphead many moons ago.

No.....I'm not sayin.'

https://twitter.com/Ian_Fraser/status/1668024002328117248?t=TYD8-hmmzayijn46maguqA&s=19

Nice gig if you can get it. A life peerage before 30 with no work experience at all other than 'parliamentary assistant'

She is clearly his daughter. The absolute spitting image.

These fuckers just coast through life with no real accountability or actual repercussions.

Considering Boris literally vetted future wives by having them nosh him off at work, I guess we know what the dealbreaker was for Dorries.

1 hour ago, BTFD said:

Considering Boris literally vetted future wives by having them nosh him off at work,

It wouldn't have been so bad if he hadn't done it during PM's Question Time.

3 hours ago, BTFD said:

Considering Boris literally vetted future wives by having them nosh him off at work, I guess we know what the dealbreaker was for Dorries.

I find it hard to believe he didn’t insist Fabricant join the queue. It would seem to be the closest the narcissistic fat w****r could get to sucking himself off.

7 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

https://twitter.com/Ian_Fraser/status/1668024002328117248?t=TYD8-hmmzayijn46maguqA&s=19

Nice gig if you can get it. A life peerage before 30 with no work experience at all other than 'parliamentary assistant'

She is clearly his daughter. The absolute spitting image.

These fuckers just coast through life with no real accountability or actual repercussions.

I've always been a bit easy-osey about if the HoL should be kept or consigned to history, but this and the other crap around Johnson's honours list now makes me think the whole lot should be abolished. 

14 minutes ago, Soapy FFC said:

I've always been a bit easy-osey about if the HoL should be kept or consigned to history, but this and the other crap around Johnson's honours list now makes me think the whole lot should be abolished. 

Don’t worry, Labour will do it the minute they gain power. Or, you know, they’ll think about maybe actually discussing it … in another hundred years. 

59 minutes ago, Soapy FFC said:

The honours list got me looking up who is actually in the HoL. They mostly seem to be ex politicians or their aides with a random smattering of business people (ownership class), journalists,  artsy types, and Ian Botham. I only got as far as C before i got bored. 

One business guy apparently runs a private equity firm, with £20m invested - about the smallest PE firm i've ever heard of. On further inspection, it's the biggest investor in Samantha Cameron's company.  I'm sure that's not why her husband appointed him though. 

I'd like to see a breakdown of the members by their area of expertise. I'm willing to bet that lawyers outnumber scientists, bankers and other financial engineers outnumber social scientists and actual engineers, and parasitic hangers on outnumber useful humans. 

https://researchbriefings.files.parliament.uk/documents/LLN-2021-0002/LLN-2021-0002.pdf

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_members_of_the_House_of_Lords

2 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Of those who voted Conservative in 2019, 33% said they would not want Johnson to return as an MP, 49% said they would.

What the f**k is wrong with these people?

Red wall voters: He was stiched up by them posh ones. He’s a man of the people what you could ave a pint with - got Brexit done.

Old dears in the shires: Doesn’t he speak well? What a terribly well-educated man. It really is too bad that that Sunak fellow stabbed him in the back. [sotto voce] But what better could one expect from someone that colour - we’ve given their kind far too much leeway and it really would be ripping to be voting for one of our own again.

Edited by Antlion

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

Of those who voted Conservative in 2019, 33% said they would not want Johnson to return as an MP, 49% said they would.

Bowdenbow ha ha ha bolid did bow. Ha ha. Look at me. I'm Boris. Ha ha, I've never done anything wrong and I'm such a stand up bloke. Come for a pint with me. I'll prove it. 

Its the same grift with farage. These mutants believe it. 

4 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

I despair...

Shame Facepalm GIF by MOODMAN

12 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Tbf, its not exclusive to voting specifcally for Johnson or saying you would like him back. This is what it is to vote Conservative. Doesn't matter which one. You know you are voting for despicable people and worse policy but you do it anyway. All you are seeing in that poll is a split of people who want to keep the quiet part quiet, and those willing to say it out loud.

It's the same scenario with Trump but on a bit less extreme of a scale (currently at least). Doesn't matter what he does. He could slaughter a bag of kittens and tell his voters why the kittens deserved it and a large percentage would unquestioningly agree with him.

The cult of personality hides the lack of actual ability. There would be no such thing as Trump or Johnson going 'too far' in the eyes of many people.

One thing I could never really get my head around was the rise of Nazi Germany in making its people complicit in some horrendous things. Always struggled to understand why a population seemingly just went along with really, really sinister stuff and when you see these hardened right wing supporters, a lot of whom feel the Tories and Republicans arent currently hardline enough, then yeah, I can see how and why it happened. I still can't get my head around the rationale of these people but it's quite scary to see the world seemingly trundling down this path.