Tory Lies, Corruption and Hypocrisy- Add Them Here

HTG

2 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

You’d think after 30p Lee they’d try and get someone - anyone - who’s less of a fanny to replace him as Deputy Chair. Nope. 

That's what happens when you scrape the bottom of the barrel so much you reach the ninth level of hell.

23 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

You’d think after 30p Lee they’d try and get someone - anyone - who’s less of a fanny to replace him as Deputy Chair. Nope. 

The only good thing about Labour is that they will take this scumbag's seat at next election.

21 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

They are openly trolling now. 

I swear this government are some sort of exercise in seeing just how much the UK public will tolerate before the reaction amounts to more than just irate letters to opinion pages and mild tutting. 

At least Lee Anderson is notable for something. This guy's entire contribution to the sphere of UK politics appears to consist of gurning and bellowing like a pregnant walrus during PMQ's, claiming expenses, and f**k all else. Even his own constituents are openly decrying him for being an absolute charlatan.

2 hours ago, carpetmonster said:

I am guessing that Hopeless and Hapless has replaced Strong and Stable.

Those tory wordsmiths, always fresh.

33 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

I am guessing that Hopeless and Hapless has replaced Strong and Stable.

Those tory wordsmiths, always fresh.

It just seems a weird one, given that from what I can see, he's very much in danger of losing his own seat. If that happens, he gets emptied as a very much bigger beast than he warrants, and those of us of a certain age will remember the hilarity and GIRFUYs of Portillo going. Is the thinking that they know they're whipped and ridding the Party of the most obvious helmets stands them in better stead for next time round by being able to say they've 'changed' (although no doubt Truss will still be on the back benches rictus grinning at whatever happens to be in her field of vision)? Or maybe he's pissed Sunak off and Rishi wants to stick a bit more humiliation on him before he buggers back off to California to lounge by a swimming pool full of his wife's money?

12 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Someone needs to explain to Stephen Kerr what a metaphor is.

Maybe the Scottish Parliament needs to borrow an idea from Bill Maher's "Real Time" programme.  He occasionally has a segment called "Explaining Jokes to Idiots".

It would probably have to be re-titles to something like "Explaining Everyday Expressions to Tories", but you get the idea.

I'm not sure theres anything more mental happening than the fact that govt of an actual (but fundamentally unserious) country has adopted "Stop the Boats" as both slogan and manifesto commitment. 

13 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I'm not sure theres anything more mental happening than the fact that govt of an actual (but fundamentally unserious) country has adopted "Stop the Boats" as both slogan and manifesto commitment. 

Apparently the new head of policy is a Mr D.Dastardly 

IMG_3919.jpeg

To a man, Conservative MPs and MSPs were prefects who deliberately misunderstood everything ever said to them so they'd have an excuse to shop the oiks to the head of year.

"...no, I don't think being told to go and boil your head quite meets the standard for terrorist threats, Stephen, and being nicknamed  'Juan' really isn't the same as deadnaming..."

Yuzu sounds a bit furrin. Should probably pass on their details to the Department of Cultural Purity and get their documents checked.

Not even a pretence this is anything other than the last gifts of a corrupt paid for regime,

Mohamed Mansour: Rishi Sunak faces criticism after Tory donor given knighthood - BBC News

Rishi Sunak is facing criticism after a major Conservative Party donor was given a knighthood.

Businessman Mohamed Mansour, a senior treasurer for the party, has been honoured for his business, charity and political service.

Last year he gave £5m, at the time the party's biggest donation since 2001.

Labour has accused the prime minister of showing "blatant disrespect for the office he should feel privileged to hold".

Sir Mohamed was given a knighthood alongside Farming Minister Mark Spencer and Shipley's Conservative MP Philip Davies, as well as damehoods for former ministers Tracey Crouch and Harriett Baldwin.

1 hour ago, MEADOWXI said:

Not even a pretence this is anything other than the last gifts of a corrupt paid for regime,

Mohamed Mansour: Rishi Sunak faces criticism after Tory donor given knighthood - BBC News

Rishi Sunak is facing criticism after a major Conservative Party donor was given a knighthood.

Businessman Mohamed Mansour, a senior treasurer for the party, has been honoured for his business, charity and political service.

Last year he gave £5m, at the time the party's biggest donation since 2001.

Labour has accused the prime minister of showing "blatant disrespect for the office he should feel privileged to hold".

Sir Mohamed was given a knighthood alongside Farming Minister Mark Spencer and Shipley's Conservative MP Philip Davies, as well as damehoods for former ministers Tracey Crouch and Harriett Baldwin.

They couldn't be any more blatant if they published a price list.

On 27/03/2024 at 23:25, DrewDon said:

The Minister for Trade at 3pm on Monday, there. Spending the dying days of this government wisely. 

Tbh, I think it's absolutely class that we're so far down the culture war / bullshit Blighty nostalgia / Wokeageddon pantomime that we've now reached "Tory MP gets raging about cake to try and prove their Englishness" stage.

Where do you go from there? I don't know, but I look forward to finding out.

Edited by J_Stewart