Tory Lies, Corruption and Hypocrisy- Add Them Here

HTG

Tories on the radio this morning saying that they think that "education and tax" are a way to deter young people from smoking - as opposed to Sunaks* idea of making it illegal to sell fags to people under a certain age.

I wonder if any of those who walk into the other lobby are in the pockets of Big Tobacco?

Tell Me More Jeff Goldblum GIF by National Geographic Channel

*I am not a big fan of the guy, but its inarguable that this is sensible.

1 hour ago, Leith Green said:

Tories on the radio this morning saying that they think that "education and tax" are a way to deter young people from smoking - as opposed to Sunaks* idea of making it illegal to sell fags to people under a certain age.

I wonder if any of those who walk into the other lobby are in the pockets of Big Tobacco?

I don't see the "tobacco lobby" giving up without a fight.  I hope that the press pay very close attention to the public statements and voting records of politicians as this develops and compares them with donations to political parties and individuals.

So what was Mark Menzies actually doing? A very weird description of events, essentially insinuating he was kidnapped. 

Coke or hookers that he hadn't paid for IMO. 

Edited by Michael W

1 hour ago, Michael W said:

So what was Mark Menzies actually doing? A very weird description of events, essentially insinuating he was kidnapped. 

Nothing surprises any more re tory MP's.

They know that the end of the line is soon approaching so it's every man for himself and f**k the women and children first shite.

1 hour ago, Michael W said:

Are male prostitutes known as "hookers"   https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2592478/Tory-MP-Mark-Menzies-quits-drug-rent-boy-claims.html   sorry for using  the Mail but I reckon it gives an insight as to why he had to come up with 5 grand sharpish. 

56 minutes ago, dirty dingus said:

Are male prostitutes known as "hookers"   https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2592478/Tory-MP-Mark-Menzies-quits-drug-rent-boy-claims.html   sorry for using  the Mail but I reckon it gives an insight as to why he had to come up with 5 grand sharpish. 

When I was a kid, we used to get a barber coming to our house. He'd bring his stuff, cut our hair and leave. He was married with kids. 

My dad arrested him one day in public toilets in Stirling for hiring rent boys. When he told my mum, and I overheard him, this was the first time I'd ever heard the phrase. 

After that we went to barber shops again. 

Last night, a Tory source said the MP would be ‘getting help with personal issues’ in the wake of the claims.

You get caught hiring prostitutes and doing cocaine

I have "personal issues"

4 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

You get caught hiring prostitutes and doing cocaine

I have "personal issues"

A valuable lesson on irregular verbs from ""Yes, Prime Minister" comes to mind....

"James Hacker : I occasionally have confidential press briefings, but I have never leaked.

Bernard Woolley : Oh, that's another of those irregular verbs, isn't it? I give confidential press briefings; you leak; he's been charged under Section 2a of the Official Secrets Act."

1 hour ago, dirty dingus said:

"A number of these allegations are not true." So some of them are true...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-68841840

“The Conservative Party has been aware of some of the allegations against Mark Menzies for "a while", defence secretary Grant Shapps has confirmed. “

I wonder how many scandals the Tories are trying to keep the lid on so they don’t become public knowledge before the General Election.

21 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-68841840

“The Conservative Party has been aware of some of the allegations against Mark Menzies for "a while", defence secretary Grant Shapps has confirmed. “

I wonder how many scandals the Tories are trying to keep the lid on so they don’t become public knowledge before the General Election.

But, but, but, Angela Rayner ...

Tory MP Mark Menzies suspended over alleged misuse of campaign funds - BBC News

Putting aside the Brazilian rent boy from a decade ago (to continue the Yes Minister vibe would have been a 'shady lady from Argentina').

Dealing with the fact the Tory Party have known about this 'bad people' incident since January, and his local party paying to clean up his mess, as he couldn't afford to pay the £5K himself, rising to £6.5K by the time it was paid in the morning by him tapping up up some tory pensioners in the middle of the night.

By this BBC article he has had £14K out of them over the last 4 years for 'medical expenses'.

Must have some very expensive habits or hobbies that he cannot afford on an MPs salary.

Edited by MEADOWXI

I see The Grauniad have shut down their comments for the day, presumably in reaction to the Mark Menzies revelations - this must leave P&B as the last bastion of free speech in the UK!

On 16/04/2024 at 07:15, Leith Green said:

It's by a comfortable distance the beat thing sunak has done.