Falkirk v Hamilton

f**k off Airdrie, we don't want your support. 

Onto the game, it's a weird feeling both sets of fans going into the game positive. Can't wait for one set of fans to be crying that the season is over after a pumping and calling for their respective manager to be sacked because they're not up to it in the big games.

Just now, Accies1 said:

f**k off Airdrie, we don't want your support. 

Onto the game, it's a weird feeling both sets of fans going into the game positive. Can't wait for one set of fans to be crying that the season is over after a pumping and calling for their respective manager to be sacked because they're not up to it in the big games.

I said the same yesterday, it’s October and if we get beat some in our fanbase will be saying the seasons over. After the past 5 seasons it’s understandable but it’s still early days and lots of water will pass under the bridge before the trophies are passed out. Oh and yeah f**k off Airdrie.

1 minute ago, Rizzo said:

The weather is absolutely rotten in Falkirk, the roads outside our house are already underwater.

Not convinced this is going ahead. :(

The roads and paths in Grangemouth are the same. Just been down the town and loads of flooding. It’s heavy rain just now, just hope it gets a bit better in the afternoon. Would be gutted if this doesn’t go ahead.

2 minutes ago, Rizzo said:

The weather is absolutely rotten in Falkirk, the roads outside our house are already underwater.

Not convinced this is going ahead. :(

Think with the game being on the telly and it being as big of a game as it is it might just go ahead 

6 minutes ago, Ian Mcleod said:

Think with the game being on the telly and it being as big of a game as it is it might just go ahead 

Yeah I'm hoping the same, just worried that it's not meant to let up until early evening. 

Fingers crossed!

The one thing we have going for us is that it's going to take a Police safety type cancellation as there won't be an issue with the pitch. If it was grass we'd be binned already. 

I don't know how likely the Police are to intervene over rain. I know we've had games canned before for ice, but I can't think of rain putting a game off that wasn't pitch related

The accies twitter account has just replied to me after I asked if the game was going ahead saying " to my knowledge the game will be going ahead as Falkirk have the AstroTurf pitch. If we hear otherwise, we will notify you immediately" 

28 minutes ago, Ian Mcleod said:

Yeah Falkirk should be doing everything possible to keep this on tonight. It's not ideal but I think both teams should do their best to just go on with it

What can Falkirk actually do here? The pitch is brand new 4g so will be perfectly playable. I doubt the club have any sway with police Scotland or whatever authority makes these decisions. 

1 minute ago, LatapyBairn. said:

What can Falkirk actually do here? The pitch is brand new 4g so will be perfectly playable. I doubt the club have any sway with police Scotland or whatever authority makes these decisions. 

Yeah good point. Just hopefully nobody makes a rash decision in calling it off. 

7 minutes ago, Accies1 said:

Livi vs. Motherwell is probably a good one to keep an eye on, if that goes ahead then no reason for this game not to. 

Apart from another 2 and a half hours of rain between k/o's. 

I reckon the game will be on, folk just need to dress for the weather and take care on roads, pavements and in the stadium concourse