Things that are universally hilarious

throbber

6 hours ago, greendot said:

They don't as i discovered a number of years back in London.  Me and a mate were getting on the train (albeit the tube) just as the beeps were going off.  As i got on the doors closed behind me as my trailing leg was half in.  I panicked a bit before swinging my leg forward to get my foot in.  A nearby woman noticed and tried to help by getting close to me but with one final swing my foot popped through and i accidently kneed the woman in her leg.  I looked out the door after this as the tunnel narrowed to just over the width of the train so a few seconds more and i probably would have lost my foot! :o

As a child I heard of a distant relative who lost a leg in a similar situation, think he was jumping off the train tho.

On the thread as a whole, there's a dangerous amount of suggestions that would appeal to fans of Mrs Brown Boys. I thought we were better than that. 

6 hours ago, scottsdad said:

Old women swearing.

When I was a boy, my parents went to my sister's passing out parade. They drafted in my mum's auntie to come and watch my brother and I for a few days while they were away. It was brilliant. I remember her cooking for us.

"What the f**k is margarine? You are growing laddies, you need proper food, not this fucking shit." She was really old and tiny, and spoke like a sailor.

Turns out she wasn't interested in butter either. Lard and dripping on everything. I put on half a stone in no time and learned a whole bunch of swear words.

In my personal experience (granny and several aunts), old women do not use the 'Effbomb' when executing serious swearing.

It was always 'buckin'.

"What the buck is margarine? You are growing laddies, you need proper food, not this buckin' shit."

14 hours ago, MEADOWXI said:

As a raise on stepping in dog shit, stepping in vomit. Early morning walk into town down King St in Aberdeen. That weird faint dirty heel mark, and another darker, and another, and another,

Then a puddle of Friday night spew with with a sliding heel mark through it. Someone did a stand on a banana skin style slide, then trailed the evidence away. You know they had a horrible walk and I laughed to myself

I've told this before.

I was in an unfamiliar pub with a mate and steaming. I felt sick and started moving quickly to the toilet, which was in a corridor leading from the bar to the lounge with a lino floor. I didn't make it, projectile vomiting in front of myself. I was still rushing towards the toilet and slipped on the floor. I fell but my momentum kept me moving forward, coming to rest in the lounge, covered in my own sick.

An old couple were watching, so I apologised the best I could. The man made me feel much better by saying, "don't worry son, everybody does that".

Falling on ice is not universally funny as I found out when I predictably came a cropper on a ice covered sloping pavement in China. Not a single bystander blinked an eye. Thoroughly disappointing.

On a similar vein, I also had shopping falling through its bag and nobody reacted. It was my laundry I'd been waiting three days for and it fell onto grimy pavement slush two steps outside the shop door.

Just now, DiegoDiego said:

Falling on ice is not universally funny as I found out when I predictably came a cropper on a ice covered sloping pavement in China. Not a single bystander blinked an eye. Thoroughly disappointing.

On a similar vein, I also had shopping falling through its bag and nobody reacted. It was my laundry I'd been waiting three days for and it fell onto grimy pavement slush two steps outside the shop door.

TimpsonsPermagrip.gif.a8469e0aeaded8ab58b50c3ffb745b1a.gif

21 hours ago, parsforlife said:

On the thread as a whole, there's a dangerous amount of suggestions that would appeal to fans of Mrs Brown Boys. I thought we were better than that. 

Tbf, there are things that are funny in real life if someone you know or someone you see does them. But they’re just not funny when someone does it on a set on TV. 
I expect a much higher standard on telly. They’re all paid to write it and have had time to make something funny. If a show’s funny bits are only as funny as the bottom level, everyday, smirk-worthy patter on this thread then it’s not very funny at all IMO. 

10 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:

Which country did your laundry fall out?

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

I think it’s a tragedy how “your mum” jokes aren’t about anymore. 

I have a friend who i what’s app fairly frequently and all we usually say is each others mothers first name to one another in between making bland conversation. His father in law died recently the same week as his son was born and i still just messaged him saying Carol.

4 minutes ago, throbber said:

I think it’s a tragedy how “your mum” jokes aren’t about anymore. 

I have a friend who i what’s app fairly frequently and all we usually say is each others mothers first name to one another in between making bland conversation. His father in law died recently the same week as his son was born and i still just messaged him saying Carol.

A guy I used to work with had his first day back after his mum had passed and I made a  your mum joke without thinking. I have never made a your mum joke since.