Things that are universally hilarious

throbber

17 minutes ago, gannonball said:

A guy I used to work with had his first day back after his mum had passed and I made a  your mum joke without thinking. I have never made a your mum joke since.

I didn’t know they were even a thing anymore. It was certainly very funny 20 years ago until you eventually got to someone’s who’s mum was dead.

7 minutes ago, Cosmic Joe said:

I fail to see what's remotely amusing about West of Scotland bigotry

Jeremy vine not having a clue what was even said.

1 hour ago, J_Stewart said:

Shot hits the side netting, fans in the other end think it's gone in, celebrate wildly, realise it hasn't, go quiet, opposing fans mock hysterically. A Joy every single time.

This happened at the last derby, but because there were no away fans it was very strange to not hear the mocking. Even if there's a couple dozen Livingston fans you can always hear it.

2 hours ago, throbber said:

I didn’t know they were even a thing anymore. It was certainly very funny 20 years ago until you eventually got to someone’s who’s mum was dead.

Charlie Brooker used to have a running joke on Weekly Wipe where he'd describe something and finish it with "just like your mum does" which always had me in stitches. 

I always find that "yer maw" jokes lost their power once I'd actually met the woman, but aye I still make them ironically.

@gannonball that was an opportunity to switch to necrophilia based humour and come out with something like "just how I like 'em". Might have cheered your mate right up.

9 hours ago, Leith Green said:

A wifey on the radio there talking to the journalist about an "investigation of uranus".

Funny Face Lol GIF

If it's the one I heard, the interviewer produced it YUR-anis, possibly to avoid saying 'Your Anus is actually green'.

26 minutes ago, The DA said:

If it's the one I heard, the interviewer produced it YUR-anis, possibly to avoid saying 'Your Anus is actually green'.

It’s only a matter of time until they change the planets name.

On 03/01/2024 at 18:21, Bert Raccoon said:

Talking about people missing trains etc... reminded me of a time where I was in a train from Glasgow Central to Hamilton. Train stops at Dalmarnock and the driver makes an announcement that the train wouldn't be going any further due to a fault so asked everyone to get off and wait for the next one which would be along shortly.

Everyone disembarks including a family of five including what I assume to be a husband, wife, two kids and the dad's elderly mother.

Problem is the old dear wasn't too quick and rather than actually get stuck on the abandoned train, she was half on half off. Now I'm sure the doors have a safety mechanism so people don't get stuck when the doors are closing. This one clearly didn't work as the elderly lady somehow managed to get her head stuck between the two doors closing. 

Cue a lot of panic from the family thinking dear old grandma would be getting carted away woth her face hanging between two train doors. Thankfully they noticed and opened all the doors and the old dear got out.

Obviously a short yet horrible experience for all involved but the sight of this panicked old lady with her head stuck between two train doors will never not make me laugh thinking about it 

Talking of old ladies, years ago at the gala day in Bannockburn top park there was guys parachuting and they were meant to land in the middle of the pitch but it was a bit windy.

One of the boys was off course and landing way off the pitch in amongst the people. Everyone ran out the way and he landed fine but his parachute and ropes kept going and absolutely wiped out an old lady from behind who wasnt even watching.  She went from 0-20mph in a second.