Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

People who sleep with their lights on
People who can't park their car properly
Manky b*****ds who don't wash their hands properly after being to the toilet

I don't tend to sleep with lights on but have been sleeping with the curtains partly open this week. I get bad terrors and light is the only thing that stops them. I haven't had any since I've left the curtains open this week. In the past if I've continued to get them through the night I've seen myself keep the lamp on next to me.

I don't tend to sleep with lights on but have been sleeping with the curtains partly open this week. I get bad terrors and light is the only thing that stops them. I haven't had any since I've left the curtains open this week. In the past if I've continued to get them through the night I've seen myself keep the lamp on next to me.

5 hours ago, Shotgun said:

Just saw my first Christmas advert on television. Mrs Shotgun says it was on earlier today.

71 days until Christmas.

Just
f**k
off

I was in The Gyle shopping centre last night and saw a shop with half of the window turned over to Christmas tat. 

There was also the bizarre sight of a table tennis shop. Scottish Table Tennis have taken on a shop and just set it up with four table tennis tables, all of which were in use. So, you have the usual shopping centre shoppers shuffling about then in this brightly lit window is 8 sweaty pingpongers leaping about. 

I was in The Gyle shopping centre last night and saw a shop with half of the window turned over to Christmas tat. 
There was also the bizarre sight of a table tennis shop. Scottish Table Tennis have taken on a shop and just set it up with four table tennis tables, all of which were in use. So, you have the usual shopping centre shoppers shuffling about then in this brightly lit window is 8 sweaty pingpongers leaping about. 
Our local Tesco's seasonal aisle for the last month has had the last of the summer stuff on sale down one side (including clothes, barbeques, garden furniture), while down the other side it has all been Christmas stuff, most of which (cakes, mince pies etc) will be out of date well before Christmas.

13 hours ago, Gaz FFC said:

Is there a particular reason American teen movies have high school kids that look/are 25???

Because if they cast actual teenagers the black ones would have a 75% chance of being shot dead by a cop before they finished filming.

6 hours ago, Malky3 said:

I'd say the 1st 1 is rare.

The 2nd 1 is very common

The 3rd 1 is far too common for my liking and I now need to grab the same door handle they've touched because for some reason no toilets in the world have a push door to leave.

6 hours ago, Malky3 said:

I assume it's people you are sleeping with who insist on leaving the lights on that get on your nerves as opposed to other people just doing it in their own homes?

32 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

I assume it's people you are sleeping with who insist on leaving the lights on that get on your nerves as opposed to other people just doing it in their own homes?

It annoys me more when it happens in my house obviously cause I'm much more likely to know for a fact that everyone is definitely sleeping. But its also began to annoy me more and more when I see it elsewhere too. 

I do shift work and theres a high rise block of flats next to the motorway in the East End of Glasgow and I'd say at least a third of flats there have lights on at 3.30 - 4am. It didn't used to bother me. I'd just assume they were shift workers too but it's really begun to annoy me more as times gone on. 

Conversely I've got neighbours where I live who leave their garden lights on all day. It's a new estate and all the houses have solar panels so the electricity they are using is probably free to them anyway but that also annoys me too. 

I'm no eco warrior or anything like that. I think its just the share waste that bothers me. 

I was driving behind a Range Rover yesterday and in the middle of the rear bumper there was a small sticker.  When I was close enough at a set of lights I could see that it said "f**k you Greta".

Needless to say the guy driving it was a white haired, gammon faced looking p***k.

I was driving behind a Range Rover yesterday and in the middle of the rear bumper there was a small sticker.  When I was close enough at a set of lights I could see that it said "f**k you Greta".
Needless to say the guy driving it was a white haired, gammon faced looking p***k.

Seen a porsche with the same thing written on the spoiler the other week. Didn’t get a look at the driver.

1 hour ago, Angusfifer said:

I was in a pub bog recently and made an executive decision not to wash my hands as the sink was in a mankier condition than my cock...

But surely you don't actually touch the sink? You'd just be washing your hands under the running water.