Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

7 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Ah so you're basing your view on half a viewing and therefore it's crap? But you're right and thousands who watched them all the way through are wrong. You're blaming the cast now as well. There's a helluva swinging punches in the dark here.

If a film doesn't get good until more than half way through then it's a shite film. You shouldn't have to sit through a whole 2 or 3 hours before you can decide if something is pish or not.

If a film doesn't get good until more than half way through then it's a shite film. You shouldn't have to sit through a whole 2 or 3 hours before you can decide if something is pish or not.

Go and watch One Cut of The Dead and come back to me with your (wrong) opinion on this completely changed.

This pervasive mentality where people have the need to attack things they're not interested in, be it stand up paddleboarding, NFTs, football/rugby, veganism, A View From the Terrace, or whatever. What's wrong with just saying "I'm not really into that, but it's nice you're passionate about something"? Why do folk go out of their way to let everyone know how much they hate it? Why can't we all just get along?

I looked at the local paper website Obituaries (I needed cheering up) and there was only about a dozen listed over ages. I assumed only real oldies still put it in the paper.
What, put a death notice in a paper or read them?
I always glance at them whenever I buy a paper.
When my Dad died in 2018 the Coop advised is that if we were active on Facebook etc then not to bother putting it in the paper, and save ourselves the £200+ that it would have cost to put in the Evening Times.

39 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

This pervasive mentality where people have the need to attack things they're not interested in, be it stand up paddleboarding, NFTs, football/rugby, veganism, A View From the Terrace, or whatever. What's wrong with just saying "I'm not really into that, but it's nice you're passionate about something"? Why do folk go out of their way to let everyone know how much they hate it? Why can't we all just get along?

Shut up!

40 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

What if their main interest is attacking things they aren’t interested in?

7 hours ago, scottsdad said:

Caught 10 minutes of "Gordon, Gino and Fred". They were in Scotland and alleged Scotsman Ramsay was doing the voice over. Showed a map of where they were going ending at Brechin. But when he was talking he pronounced it "Brecon". 

In fairness I reckon most of the locals spell it like that.. 🤔  😆

7 hours ago, scottsdad said:

Caught 10 minutes of "Gordon, Gino and Fred". They were in Scotland and alleged Scotsman Ramsay was doing the voice over. Showed a map of where they were going ending at Brechin. But when he was talking he pronounced it "Brecon". 

You'd think he'd know how to pronounce Brechin after he scored a winning hat-trick against them for Rangers in the Scottish Cup Final...

9 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:

See also "X or y is hugely overrated".

Nope, it's popular and you don't like it.

Presenting opinions as facts irks me.

10 hours ago, scottsdad said:

Ramsay is a fucking dick and I expect @velo army to accept this as cast iron fact. 

11 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:

3 hours ago, Soapy FFC said:

Just dropped my daughter off at Edinburgh airport. In the drop off area for less than 2 minutes and it costs £4. What a f**king rip off. 

Years ago I walked out of a job and had to return a company car. I refused to drive down to Yorkshire with it so they told me to put it in a safe place until they could arrange for someone to come up and collect it.

So I did.

I parked it in the Short Stay multi-storey at Edinburgh Airport and posted them the keys. 

Years ago I walked out of a job and had to return a company car. I refused to drive down to Yorkshire with it so they told me to put it in a safe place until they could arrange for someone to come up and collect it.

So I did.

I parked it in the Short Stay multi-storey at Edinburgh Airport and posted them the keys. 
They'd have been cheaper scrapping the car, well played sir.

11 hours ago, velo army said:

See also "X or y is hugely overrated".

Nope, it's popular and you don't like it.

Presenting opinions as facts irks me.

In the age of social media, opinions and facts are pretty much the same thing.   Just say something with confidence and double down with your conviction  .  .  .  and there you go, you’ve presented a new fact. 

In the age of social media, opinions and facts are pretty much the same thing.   Just say something with confidence and double down with your conviction  .  .  .  and there you go, you’ve presented a new fact. 
I think this was actually much worse in the past. Often the only way to prove someone wrong involved a trip down the library or gathering witnesses. Folk could get away with spouting far more nonsense.