Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

2 hours ago, Derry Alli said:

I was in a waste water treatment plant yesterday and rather than take a tool holster I just carried the tools id need. As I was working up a ladder I think I may have put one of them in my mouth possibly after laying it down somewhere and have spent the past 28hrs with some of the worst stomach cramps and Spewy Lewis'n it.

Is this a life lesson? Yes.

Will I learn my lesson? Probably not.

Arse like a Japanese flag, he's got an arse like the Japanese flag...

Shops that think it’s a good idea to replace carrier bags with fucking paper bags. We live in one of the wettest countries ever and next thing you know there's my shopping all over the pavement and I’m chasing a bloody apple down the street. The absolute c***s charge for those bags as well. 

Edited by Jambomo

2 hours ago, Derry Alli said:

I was in a waste water treatment plant yesterday and rather than take a tool holster I just carried the tools id need. As I was working up a ladder I think I may have put one of them in my mouth possibly after laying it down somewhere and have spent the past 28hrs with some of the worst stomach cramps and Spewy Lewis'n it.

Is this a life lesson? Yes.

Will I learn my lesson? Probably not.

Night night. We’ll have a rare do for you with steak Peh in the purvey. I’ll ask Sarah to do the drinks.

1 hour ago, Jambomo said:

Shops that think it’s a good idea to replace carrier bags with fucking paper bags. We live in one of the wettest countries ever and next thing you know there's my shopping all over the pavement and I’m chasing a bloody apple down the street. The absolute c***s charge for those bags as well. 

Get with the programme, Mo..............

Life Rule No. 20 - "Always have at least one 'Bag for Life' on your person when leaving home."

12 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

Whit?

I have never heard anything other than peet-ree 

It's definitely pronounced Peet-ray in the civilised part of the country. And you have no grounds to contest this, until you desist calling roundabouts 'circles'.

9 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Arse like a Japanese flag, he's got an arse like the Japanese flag...

I can't figure out which tune this will be sung along to.

8 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkant said:

Night night. We’ll have a rare do for you with steak Peh in the purvey. I’ll ask Sarah to do the drinks.

I'm dead, keep costs to a minimum. Sarah would add extra on to get her money back.

Kestrel all round.

43 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

Being feeling crap since beginning of December,was off with a chest infection and never got over it,i have now lost 3.5 stone.

Went back to doctor on Friday and sent for xray and signed off work,now on 3rd set of antibiotics.

I had a chest infection that lasted for a couple of months just before COVID started, so I sympathise. I also had a vitamin B12 deficiency around the same time, so not sure if that was related, but it might be worth looking into B12 supplements and a SAD light to help your immune system. Only good part of the whole thing was that my boss stayed well away so he could claim that he didn't know how sick I was (thankfully not a physical job, although I was working in an unheated building in the winter, which probably didn't help).

Just to cheer you up, apparently if you're sick enough you can dislodge herpes from within your cells and, if you're really unlucky, it can get into one of your eyes and fill it with infection that leaves you unable to see and makes light painful, but you have to keep it open or you'll go blind. According to a mate.

1 hour ago, Andy Dufresne said:

Being feeling crap since beginning of December,was off with a chest infection and never got over it,i have now lost 3.5 stone.

Went back to doctor on Friday and sent for xray and signed off work,now on 3rd set of antibiotics.

Thats a lot of weight to lose, esp when you feel rubbish.

Hope you improve soon.

13 hours ago, virginton said:

It's definitely pronounced Peet-ray in the civilised part of the country. And you have no grounds to contest this, until you desist calling roundabouts 'circles'.

Try living in the West Midlands and being subjected to them called 'islands'!

(Roundabouts, not people called Petrie.)

15 hours ago, Jambomo said:

I like them, handy for flinging all the empty tinnies in then straightening the recycling bin.

15 hours ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Get with the programme, Mo..............

Life Rule No. 20 - "Always have at least one 'Bag for Life' on your person when leaving home."

Genuinely never clicked that her name might be Mo. I've been pronouncing her username with the emphasis on the "Bo" part like she's a Cameroonian footballer 🤣.

6 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Older people banging on about how 'X  used to only cost Y pence' back in the day, as if they're completely oblivious to the concept of inflation.

A bag of crisps cost 2 1/2 pence in 1971. Adjusting for inflation, that comes to 44p today. https://www.in2013dollars.com/uk/inflation/1971?amount=0.02

But a bag of crisps costs £1 in Tesco now  https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/272757477

However, the bag in 1971 was 25g, the Tesco bag is 32.5g. 1971 crisps cost the equivalent of 1.76p per gram (adjusted for inflation).  Modern crisps cost 3.08p per gram.

Inflation, schmation whippersnapper. We're being ripped off. 

And another thing by jimminy, Walkers crisps cost 44p in 2012. 12 years later they're £1 (for a 2.5g smaller bag). That's 227% more! According to inflation, they should only be 65p, a 48% rise. https://www.in2013dollars.com/uk/inflation/2012?amount=0.44

Edited by Newbornbairn

5 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

And another thing by jimminy, Walkers crisps cost 44p in 2012. 12 years later they're £1 (for a 2.5g smaller bag). That's 227% more! According to inflation, they should only be 65p, a 48% rise. https://www.in2013dollars.com/uk/inflation/2012?amount=0.44

Where the f**k you buying crisps for £1? 

40 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Older people banging on about how 'X  used to only cost Y pence' back in the day, as if they're completely oblivious to the concept of inflation.

Even worse, stating that players these days would refuse to play on the shit playing surfaces of yesteryear. Absolute bollocks of course.

7 hours ago, velo army said:

Genuinely never clicked that her name might be Mo. I've been pronouncing her username with the emphasis on the "Bo" part like she's a Cameroonian footballer 🤣.

I made the assumption that the poster is a Hearts fan called Maureen yonks ago and have never been pulled up for being wrong in this ....😁

Then again, it could be a guy called Bomo who likes jam.