Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

12 hours ago, RH33 said:

I paid for parking when I was in Glasgow on Thursday using Ringgo. Came out to a parking ticket. 

I've put in an appeal but it takes 20 days for the outcome. But if you don't pay fune in 14 it doubles. 

12 hours ago, scottsdad said:

I parked in Stirling today. The ticket machine was broken. Called Ringgo, and got an automated message saying to download an app.

Decided to chance it. Didn't pay, and got no ticket. 

I think Ringo has been doing odd things during the last week - I use it a lot for work and last week found that (even for small transactions) I was being asked to confirm the £1.80 with RBS.

Later I went on the web site and was asked to alter the password and reconfirm my personal details.

Might have just been me, but perhaps their system was compromised and took a day or two to sort themselves out?

1 hour ago, Leith Green said:

I think Ringo has been doing odd things during the last week - I use it a lot for work and last week found that (even for small transactions) I was being asked to confirm the £1.80 with RBS.

Later I went on the web site and was asked to alter the password and reconfirm my personal details.

Might have just been me, but perhaps their system was compromised and took a day or two to sort themselves out?

Ringo, formerly known as Horizon...

For some reason when the water of the flat next to mine is turned off, ours goes off as well. Unfortunately next door is having work done to their kitchen. So my water is off. Gone over and spoken to the guys and obviously they didn't know it was the case (why would they? It's a terrible system) and they'll turn it on as soon as they can. Still annoying.

2 hours ago, Craig fae the Vale said:

For some reason when the water of the flat next to mine is turned off, ours goes off as well. Unfortunately next door is having work done to their kitchen. So my water is off. Gone over and spoken to the guys and obviously they didn't know it was the case (why would they? It's a terrible system) and they'll turn it on as soon as they can. Still annoying.

Seemed mental to me until I remembered you might not have a meter. Is the cutoff anywhere close to the y pipe, and if it is, could you have cutoffs installed after the y instead?

2 hours ago, TxRover said:

Seemed mental to me until I remembered you might not have a meter. Is the cutoff anywhere close to the y pipe, and if it is, could you have cutoffs installed after the y instead?

I'd need to look into it, but definitely seems worth looking into. Cheers.

5 hours ago, Craig fae the Vale said:

Surely they are switching it off at the stop cock before their internal one? Every house should have an internal stop cock surely? 

6 hours ago, Craig fae the Vale said:

25 minutes ago, Brother Blades said:

Surely they are switching it off at the stop cock before their internal one? Every house should have an internal stop cock surely? 

Pretty certain it's a legal requirement that mains water goes straight to the kitchen from the mains.  

The neighbours really shouldn't be able to turn off your potable water supply from their flat.

15 minutes ago, Craig fae the Vale said:

I'll contact the landlord tomorrow and see if this can be looked at. Thanks for the responses.

Could the two flats once have been just one? If one big flat was split into two and the work done "on the cheap", they might have left just one stopcock for two flats.

17 hours ago, TxRover said:

When we moved into our first flat it was one of 8 in a block.  The shut off valve was actually in the street so when we had to turn off the water it meant cutting off the whole block.  We quickly had a shut-off valve installed just inside our flat for our convenience but from time-to-time we had to suffer when someone else turned off in the street.  

35 minutes ago, Zetterlund said:

It's great fun being in your 40s and getting up in the morning trying to guess which joints aren't going to work properly today.

Plan for a random pair in your 50’s…I dread the 60’s+, but it beats the option.

46 minutes ago, Zetterlund said:

It's great fun being in your 40s and getting up in the morning trying to guess which joints aren't going to work properly today.

Picking the joints that do work is easier, it a much shorter list,

No pain in left thumb and right knee today, Ok let's crack creak on