Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

19 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Opening a sachet of cat food for his royal pussness in the morning and trying not to leave one chunk of the food stuck in the sachet. It becomes a battle of wills between me and the sachet. I try, and try, to ease the last stubborn chunk down towards the food bowl between my fingers, but no, it flatly refuses to budge.

This is petty, and annoying. See also - making an omelette and one tiny wee bit of shell ends up in the omlette. You try to get the b*****d thing out of there.

Hurrumph.

The best tool to remove eggshell is the eggshell itself, use the half shell to scoop it out.

1 hour ago, peasy23 said:

Food packaging of the peel back here/remove film lid variety. Hardly ever comes off in one piece.

If it ever comes off at all in some cases, without having to cut through the film lid. 

8 hours ago, pozbaird said:

Opening a sachet of cat food for his royal pussness in the morning and trying not to leave one chunk of the food stuck in the sachet. It becomes a battle of wills between me and the sachet. I try, and try, to ease the last stubborn chunk down towards the food bowl between my fingers, but no, it flatly refuses to budge.

This is petty, and annoying. See also - making an omelette and one tiny wee bit of shell ends up in the omlette. You try to get the b*****d thing out of there.

Hurrumph.

I thought I was the only one like that with sachets of cat and dog food.

8 hours ago, pozbaird said:

Hurrumph.

It's been years since I've used sachets of cat food, but I used to have a long freezer bag clip that I'd slide down the length to make sure everything came out. One of these things below. Worked a treat, quick and easy.

H03aa2cf14a3a43e89b378d4b7b65d7c9P.jpg

5 hours ago, BFTD said:

that I'd slide down the length to make sure everything came out.

giphy.gif

Anyway, can you not just cut down the longer length and the full sachet opens up and easily emptied. This is what I do with curry sauces.

3 hours ago, SlipperyP said:

giphy.gif

Anyway, can you not just cut down the longer length and the full sachet opens up and easily emptied. This is what I do with curry sauces.

Nah, I’m not bringing scissors and cutting into things so early in the morning. Gravy and cat food juice dripping everywhere, just for one more chunk of Felix Tasty Shreads? Away and have a word with yourself man. Reported! 😛

3 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Nah, I’m not bringing scissors and cutting into things so early in the morning. Gravy and cat food juice dripping everywhere, just for one more chunk of Felix Tasty Shreads? Away and have a word with yourself man. Reported! 😛

Ask Santa for a pair of these.....

c1a79b0d523057d929cfdf5e7ce20cc2a2bdebd0

On 19/12/2021 at 16:38, pozbaird said:

Hurrumph.

That! That's a PTTGOMN.

Need to phone the doctor between 8:30am and 11am to get an appointment. Phoned at 9:10 and was on hold for 15 mins so hung up to try again later. Phoned again at 10:50, on hold until I got through at 11:01, when I was told to try again tomorrow. Seething. 

55 minutes ago, Slacker said:

Need to phone the doctor between 8:30am and 11am to get an appointment. Phoned at 9:10 and was on hold for 15 mins so hung up to try again later. Phoned again at 10:50, on hold until I got through at 11:01, when I was told to try again tomorrow. Seething. 

This is not petty, brother. The phone system at GP surgeries is a complete scandal. #IStandWithSlacker

1 hour ago, Slacker said:

No need to bother the GP - just stick your symptoms in here: 

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

This is not petty, brother. The phone system at GP surgeries is a complete scandal. #IStandWithSlacker

<boring old fart mode>

WIWAL you didn't need to make an appointment to see the doctor - you just turned up at the surgery and sat in the waiting room. There was a board just inside the door with plastic letters on keyrings - you picked the next one and so you knew when it was your turn. That way you would be seen as soon as you were ill rather than having to wait a week or so until they could fit you in. Seemed to work okay.

</boring old fart mode>

1 minute ago, Robin.Hood said:

Wife's grandad died today on his birthday aged 84. Found out he had cancer 6 days ago.

She hasn't had anyone die in her family as all her grandparents etc so aye not doing too well.

I never know whether to green dot these or not, so I'll just offer my condolences. 

The same happened to a mate of mine. His mum was diagnosed with cancer on the Thursday, and she died on the Sunday. he was devastated and the speed was a real shock.

4 hours ago, GordonD said:

<boring old fart mode>

WIWAL you didn't need to make an appointment to see the doctor - you just turned up at the surgery and sat in the waiting room. There was a board just inside the door with plastic letters on keyrings - you picked the next one and so you knew when it was your turn. That way you would be seen as soon as you were ill rather than having to wait a week or so until they could fit you in. Seemed to work okay.

</boring old fart mode>

I remember that system, although I don't think we were sophisticated enough to have plastic letters, I think you just kept your eye on who was in there when you arrived and when the last one went in it was your turn,

As you say, it seemed to work well enough but there is obviously a massive flaw in it that we're not spotting otherwise it wouldn't have been changed to the highly efficient and popular system we now have,

4 hours ago, Robin.Hood said:

Wife's grandad died today on his birthday aged 84. Found out he had cancer 6 days ago.

She hasn't had anyone die in her family as all her grandparents etc so aye not doing too well.

Sorry to hear that