Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Posted (edited)

The most annoying TV/radio adverts are the ones where they take the tune of a popular song but change the words to suit whatever shite they’re trying to plug.

The current compare the market/cafe Nero advert (to the tune of Shania Twain’s “Man, I feel like a woman”) has me wanting to go down Edinburgh Zoo at night and throttle all of the meerkats. 

Edited by JS_FFC

Posted (edited)

The Wikipedia page for the UEFA Champions' League stating that it was founded in 1955.

Get tae.

Edited by velo army

2 hours ago, BFTD said:

No sympathy. You should be looking out for good, hard-working, proper BRITTISH pensioners who can't get up 'til the bus stops in case they fall over and break a hip and can't get seen at the hospital due to all of the immergants taking all the beds and not staffing our hospitals anymore.

Being between 21 and 50 I'm only c**t paying to be on that bus. 

58 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

Being between 21 and 50 I'm only c**t paying to be on that bus. 

They paid for their bus passes by dying in two world wars for the likes of you!

12 hours ago, Soapy FFC said:

I must be in a minority about the bottle tops. After initially disliking them I am now a fan after getting used to them and mastering the art of taking the top off and putting it back on using one hand. . No danger now of losing the top under your feet when having a drink when driving.

@Inanimate Carbon Rod, here's one!

11 hours ago, velo army said:

The Wikipedia page for the UEFA Champions' League stating that it was founded in 1955.

Get tae.

It says the European Cup was founded in 1955, not the Champions' League.  

2 minutes ago, hk blues said:

It says the European Cup was founded in 1955, not the Champions' League.  

People who come to conclusions based on selective skim reading are my real PTTGOMN.

🤡

16 hours ago, Soapy FFC said:

The first time I encountered them I spent ages trying to rip the hinge off to open the bottle rather than just twisting the top. But I never look at instructions. 

Yeah, what I usually do, rip it off and spill stuff, never thought of the twist method. Damn. 

2 hours ago, thistledo said:

Yeah, what I usually do, rip it off and spill stuff, never thought of the twist method. Damn. 

ahem

Spoiler

kennethwilliams.jpg.cc8ab4cdf8eac49ed406b225c59c4f92.jpg

thank you 

5 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

"Have a good weekend when it comes!"

It usually comes at the same time each week.

21 hours ago, tamthebam said:

ahem

Reveal hidden contents

kennethwilliams.jpg.cc8ab4cdf8eac49ed406b225c59c4f92.jpg

thank you 

On those shows about folk looking to move somewhere like Spain they always use the place having an ex-pat population as a selling point. Excuse me m9 I'm trying to leave normal island to get away from these folk.

30 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:

On those shows about folk looking to move somewhere like Spain they always use the place having an ex-pat population as a selling point. Excuse me m9 I'm trying to leave normal island to get away from these folk.

I'd move there but there are too many Spaniards, they don't speak English, you can't get decent fish and chips and The Daily Mail costs ten quid.

2 hours ago, GNU_Linux said:

Tell me about it.

One of the beautiful things of rural Thailand is I see no foreigners unless I travel 20 miles into Singburi town and there is only a few there, and just presume they are lost.

f**k staying in a tourist hub...not for me. I know folk that stay in these places, cant speak a word of the local lingo, have  a full English every morning and they think this is what all of Thailand is like. Arseholes they lot.

7 hours ago, GNU_Linux said:

If "Bargain Loving Brits in the Sun" has taught me anything it's that these ex-pat communities are full of Union Jack shagging, Royal loving fuckwits and IMO the more of these folk who f**k off out of this country to live in sunshine and squalor in Spain, the better. 

5 hours ago, SlipperyP said:

Tell me about it.

One of the beautiful things of rural Thailand is I see no foreigners unless I travel 20 miles into Singburi town and there is only a few there, and just presume they are lost.

f**k staying in a tourist hub...not for me. I know folk that stay in these places, cant speak a word of the local lingo, have  a full English every morning and they think this is what all of Thailand is like. Arseholes they lot.

Not quite as bad in the Philippines as it's much more American than British in terms of ex-pats.  There is one English guy around the corner from me but I haven't spoken to him in years (mostly because he was stuck in Hong Kong during the pandemic).  In the local mall the few ex-pats there are usually give each another a nod of the head but that's as far as it goes.

I'll admit that from time-to-time I miss have a few beers while watching the football with a fellow Brit but those are few and far between.  It's a kind of solitary life but the pros well outweigh the cons.