What Are You Drinking ?

48 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Going to Prague soon. What's the go to beer there? I'm not an IPA man. Standard stuff only.

Pilsner Urquell is superb stuff but about 20-25% dearer than other draught beers. In most places in the Old Town you'll get little change from 60CzK.

Staropramen is available almost everywhere; Gambrinus and Krusovice also fairly common, Budvar less so.

ETA...for a wee change try Kozel Cenry, its a dark beer but sweet, most unlike our bitter dark beers.

Edited by Arch Stanton

Also try one of the branches of Prague Beer Museum, there's one in Dlouha, 2 minutes walk from the Old Town Square. There's another branch in the Old Town and one near Namesti Miru in the New Town.

You xan get 5x150ml glasses of draught beer in a wooden flight and they have around 30 to choose from. IIRC it's about 150CzK

20230123_214806.jpg

23 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

Amstel brewed in Amsterdam is better than Heineken brewed in Amsterdam.

Amstel brewed in the UK, though, is not a good beer.

I really like Heineken. I wonder if the Dutch hatred for it is similar to it being fashionable for Scots to hate on Tennents?

Heineken is like the Dutch version of Marmite, people either love it or hate it. It's quite obvious I'm in the "hate" camp. And I genuinely can't stand the stuff, I've been in a pub before that had only Heineken and I decided to go for a wine instead as I didn't want to have Heineken.

Heineken taking a lot of hate, here. It’s not the worst beer on the mainstream market. I’ve been in the Netherlands several times recently and found it quite refreshing on a hot day. Far better than, say, Carling, Fosters.

I shriek I'm agony everytime I'm reminded for a couple years straight I drunk Fosters in my local. In fairness, they only had that and Carling and the pub was fucking brilliant. 

Sadly died a death since our lot moved on/grew up (not me). No wonder though.

Edited by Derry Alli

Just days and days of Lithuanian beer. A very underrated country for beer. They have a black currant one which is utterly fantastic, but their typical lagers are all fine and I've got a wheat one just now which is hitting the spot. 

On 11/07/2023 at 18:40, Arch Stanton said:

Also try one of the branches of Prague Beer Museum, there's one in Dlouha, 2 minutes walk from the Old Town Square. There's another branch in the Old Town and one near Namesti Miru in the New Town.

You xan get 5x150ml glasses of draught beer in a wooden flight and they have around 30 to choose from. IIRC it's about 150CzK

20230123_214806.jpg

Is that you there?

ETA- Sorry, should have said thanks for the reply. Thanks.

Edited by jimbaxters
Being rude

Haven’t had a Coopers Dark Ale for maybe 15 or 20 years and I know why. Sweet and bland and 2 make matters worse 2 out of 3 bottles consumed so far have been almost flat. 3 to go and buy no more.

IMG_9587.jpeg