The New Raith Rovers Thread

Cleland would be a massive loss for us I think. Tommy Wright always talks about the influence he and Callum Davidson have and how it's very much a team effort.

He's been on the shortlist a few times for a few different jobs now. Certainly think you could a lot worse.

Mostly signed up. Probably 4 or 5 short of a full squad for next season.

Good effort tbf. Wasn't sure how much the club would have done until they knew which league you'd be in next season.

Good effort tbf. Wasn't sure how much the club would have done until they knew which league you'd be in next season.

We signed quite a few up in February/March time but then things have quietened down as it became apparent we would be in the play offs.

We do have offers on the table to a few players still but I would say they were unlikely to sign up regardless of the managerial situation. Where we'll be hurt most is any likelihood of getting any of our loan signings back next season is probably gone now.

Theres a rumour going about that MacKinnons been talking with United since Friday. Don't know how true it is, but they tried to speak to Tommy Wright before speaking to our chairman, so its not as if they're shy about going down that route.

Cleland would be a massive loss for us I think. Tommy Wright always talks about the influence he and Callum Davidson have and how it's very much a team effort.

He's been on the shortlist a few times for a few different jobs now. Certainly think you could a lot worse.

Would be interesting to see how he managed the step up to being a manager

First offer he gets after one season and he jumps ship? Doesn't say a lot about what he thinks of your club anyway. Wouldn't be welcome back at Raith after the way he has handled this surely?

Stop playing devils advocate, it's boring. It works both ways, if we'd had a shit season chances are he'd have been out on his hole.

Eric Drysdale on fantalk spouting pish. I have a lot of respect for him but he is talking bullocks. Saying that all they spoke about midweek we how well he was doing and that no focus we lost before the match etc...I call bullshit

I'm going to mention Shelley Kerr again. UEFA pro licence, 59 Scotland caps, managed Arsenal to two FA Cup wins and think she's got Stirling Uni as runners up after talking over after they lost the first 4 games of the season. It's a gamble but so is pretty much every name mentioned this far, I'd rather we went for a real unknown quantity outside some of the usual suspects already mentioned where we pretty much know what we're getting.

Also has the advantage of not being a fans favourite of a Premiership team who might sack their manager sometime in the next 12 months.

Gary Jardine at Edinburgh City is also IMO a top shout.

Edited by Enigma

Theres a rumour going about that MacKinnons been talking with United since Friday. Don't know how true it is, but they tried to speak to Tommy Wright before speaking to our chairman, so its not as if they're shy about going down that route.

Sounds highly likely unfortunately.

For me, yes its a disappointment to lose him after a good season, however we cant moan about Utd taking him from us because we did exactly the same to Brechin.

Yes it seems they dont care how they go about their business but unfortunately that is life, Utd are a bigger team than us and even though they will be in the same league it is unfortunately one of those things, feel that if anyone was in Rays shoes then they would do the same. 

Will be the same if he does well at Utd, then they will be looking over their shoulders at Clubs from down south who will come and poach him. 

Just got to look forward now and hope that the club have similar success with whomever replaces him (if he takes the job!! )

The whole bloody thing stinks to be honest. Ray saying on interviews all last week about how the key is remain focused and that's what he's been telling the squad... Very ironic if you ask me. Your not telling me that he's been 100% focused after all this talk and meetings with the board pre match. All this uncertainty would for sure have had an effect on our prep for the game on Saturday. Very disappointed as to how this has all came about... It's going to leave a bitter taste to a season which has been so sweet.

No one from the Jefferies school of management please, and not a perennial failure like Gary Locke either. The likes of Smith and Lennon who have done the square root of f**k all in their last couple of stints should be ruled out immediately as well.

Think Connolly has burnt his bridges with Utd. Had plenty of digs at your club on twitter etc. Unless you plan on paying for anybody McEwan is probably the only guy out of contract you'd sign. I suspect he's maybe already signed elsewhere. As good as Barr is I can imagine the reaction if McKinnon's first signing is a guy who's been injured for the best part of two years.

From the guys we have on loan if there wasn't the whole Rangers 'thing' you'd probably get Hardie on loan too. Maybe you'll sign Longridge. Don't know what his contract situation is but he's clearly not rated at Accies.