The New Raith Rovers Thread

38 minutes ago, stevoraith said:

I’d be surprised if it’s a big crowd to be honest. 
Having seen 3 derbies already this season, with another 2 to come, I think I’ll give this one a miss. 

Just me with a bit of Townie fatigue or anyone else feeling the same?

I thought I was being conservative with 8,000. I doubt too many will feel the same as you though, especially once the PR teams hype kicks in. There were over 7.5k at the last game through there and cup games usually tend to bring out more fans, I'll be quite stunned if there's not at least the same amount as last time. 

53 minutes ago, Scottydog said:

I thought I was being conservative with 8,000. I doubt too many will feel the same as you though, especially once the PR teams hype kicks in. There were over 7.5k at the last game through there and cup games usually tend to bring out more fans, I'll be quite stunned if there's not at least the same amount as last time. 

Nah, the league game will have season tickets which means people won't had to buy an extra ticket, if this is on a Monday night you'll do very well to break 6,000.

2 hours ago, HoBNob said:

Nah, the league game will have season tickets which means people won't had to buy an extra ticket, if this is on a Monday night you'll do very well to break 6,000.

Agree. A month before Christmas, most supporters have seen 3 encounters already and it’s an early round in the cup.

If it becomes the TV game it’ll definitely be a low crowd. 

7 minutes ago, RAITHROVERS84 said:

Agree. A month before Christmas, most supporters have seen 3 encounters already and it’s an early round in the cup.

If it becomes the TV game it’ll definitely be a low crowd. 

And of course we'll announce it about a thousand lower so we can keep more of those sweet, sweet gate receipts.

14 hours ago, Scottydog said:

Yes after expenses, although I think the Pars get to keep all hospitality revenue.

Assuming a bumper cup gate of 8,000 at an average price of £16 a head, (£128k) Rovers should be good for around £70k (45%)

It and the Thistle v Spiders games are the tastiest ties of the round, what say the Beeb plunk for the West coast game?

Number I’ve always heard bandied about is 37.5% for the visitors to allow for the costs. £16 sounds a wee bit high on average, as does 8,000 for a “boring sixth visit”…I’d think we’ll be lucky to see £40k.

The financial distribution for clubs participating in the Scottish Cup is outlined below
with payments being made when clubs exit the competition only. The fees applicable to clubs for matches selected for television are also detailed
below, with both clubs involved in each televised match receiving a payment.

Preliminary Rounds Exit Fee per club
Round One-£2200
Round Two-£5000
Round Three-£6500
Round Four-£9500
Round Five-£19,500
Round Six-£47,250
Semi Finals—£102,000
Runner-up-£292,000
Winner-£352,000

TV Fee per Club
Round One-£1,500
Round Two-£2,250
Round Three-£3,500
Round Four-£24,000
Round Five-£24.000
Round Six-£24,000
Semi Finals-£60,000
Runner Up-£125,000
Winner- £125,000

2 hours ago, Always next quarter said:

National Cup and its £3500 for a TV game, £6,500 for a third round exit! That's absolutely amazing to me. Wonder what the English equivalent is? 

4284C2A0-6485-4042-8D64-84686DDDC8ED.jpeg

Somebody else can Google the TV money.

Edited by Enigma

1 hour ago, Enigma said:

4284C2A0-6485-4042-8D64-84686DDDC8ED.jpeg

Somebody else can Google the TV money.

Seems to be £100,000 for a televised 3rd Round match, and about £50,000 for a Replay.

Note that the amounts are PER ROUND...so the winner could, if they were in from the beginning, pocket £1,125+£1,444+£2,250+£3,375+£5,625+£9,375+£41,000+£67,000+£105,000+£120,000+£225,000+£450,000+£1,000,000+£2,000,000=£4,031,194 before TV revenue...

Anyone think Murray might be a consideration for St Johnstone to approach ?

Nowhere near as an attractive proposition that Dundee were with the squad assembled and freshly promoted. 

Saints looked doomed already however early days and Livi also look like it’s only a matter of time for them to come down also. 

8 minutes ago, RAITHROVERS84 said:

Anyone think Murray might be a consideration for St Johnstone to approach ?

Nowhere near as an attractive proposition that Dundee were with the squad assembled and freshly promoted. 

Saints looked doomed already however early days and Livi also look like it’s only a matter of time for them to come down also. 

I was speaking to my brother in law about this exact thing yesterday when McLean got sacked.

However, I've a feeling St Johnstone will look for an experienced "fire fighter" with previous Premiership experience. 🤞

With the cup draw to Dunfermline, 5 of our next 6 are away from home. Still carrying a few injuries as well, going to be a really tough run for the squad.

We’ve passed every test so far and our start has given us a bit of leeway going into this difficult set of fixtures but things can obviously change quickly in this division. We have won 10 points in the last 15 minutes of games this season which seems unsustainable but is a credit to the character of the players and strength of the squad. I mentioned on Saturday, it has happened far too often now for it to be luck. I think we will have a pretty good idea by the end of this upcoming away run where our battle is for the season.

We will all have our own thoughts and it probably depends how optimistic you are as a fan. I still think top 4 should be the expectation and expect we might have a few set backs in the coming weeks but hope to be proved wrong and we can have a good run at 2nd. I think Dundee United will have far too much over the season, admittedly that is based on their results against others, rather than anything I saw at Starks a few weeks ago.

Still, what a change from this stage last season. 8 points better off after 9 games in what I think is a stronger league. Average crowds more than doubled up from 2,025 to 4,320 after our first 5 league games, with admittedly a big Dundee United crowd and a derby helping but you can see the large increase even comparing similar games last season. Hopefully this can hold up well over the rest of the season even if results drop off and the winter weather sets in (not that the Dundee United game was glorious sunshine!). Wanted to get the positive post in now just in case our usual post clock change woes set in.